Week 20 Boosted List: Archangel, Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior), The Hulk (Immortal), OML

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,352 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
So who are we running with Hulk in PVE you think? Usual suspects? I don't think a boosted Danver5 can keep the friendies tossed into the air quickly enough post-nerf to avoid the What Does Kill Me self harm, which is going to be severe with 100 levels extra on him. Had she not been nerfed, I could see here and OML flanking Hulk and maybe being a fun pick-3 team, but now that her passive yellow gain is useless I wonder if she'll get any play at all?

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most likely, everyone will just run Okoye to buff his passive or SW to defend against it.

Archangel is going to be good here though -- stunning Hulk is a good way to deal with him. 

Depending on who the essentials are, OML could be useful as well.  If the essential has cheap powers to cast, OML's strikespam + the Hulk AoE could get big. 

Captain Marvel is just bad and I don't think she's going to show up anywhere.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I’ll probably run Thano5 in pick-2 against non-Wanda teams, see how that goes. 550 hulk does a real lot of AOE relative to 450 hulk, I imagine that’ll be a pretty good team for 3* pvp.
  • entrailbucket
    I’ll probably run Thano5 in pick-2 against non-Wanda teams, see how that goes. 550 hulk does a real lot of AOE relative to 450 hulk, I imagine that’ll be a pretty good team for 3* pvp.
    That team has a name!  It's Hulkbomb!  That's what I ran during the entire Okoye/Hulk meta, because I refused to use Okoye.

I kind of miss Hulkbombing fools and I might do a little of that during his week.  It's a really strong team and probably the fastest team you can run in pick-2, especially against an enemy Hulk.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    A 450 --> 569 iHulk deals ~13725 AoE and his red power deals ~81223, which is enough to one-shot all the non-boosted 5* by the time you get 7 red.

Thanos should be awesome against Wanda. However, it's going to be a healthpack carnival. For those planning to use iHulk+Thanos, are you going to use loaner or your own essentials?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    That team has a name!  It's Hulkbomb!  That's what I ran during the entire Okoye/Hulk meta, because I refused to use Okoye.

I kind of miss Hulkbombing fools and I might do a little of that during his week.  It's a really strong team and probably the fastest team you can run in pick-2, especially against an enemy Hulk.
    Used to Hulkbomb back in the days with 3* Hulk & Patch.  

Annoyingly this week has a boss event, and then 5* Banner as essential so Immortal Hulk gets a bit more sidelined on the PVE side. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior

THAT is hulkbomb? I thought that was a 3* Hulk/4* Carol team? #LearnSomethingNewEveryDay

I usually run whoever I have on roster until they die, then just use loaners for the remainder. Pick 2 PVP at the 5* tier really is just Best Friends Forever with an innocent bystander...
  • entrailbucket
    A 450 --> 569 iHulk deals ~13725 AoE and his red power deals ~81223, which is enough to one-shot all the non-boosted 5* by the time you get 7 red.

Thanos should be awesome against Wanda. However, it's going to be a healthpack carnival. For those planning to use iHulk+Thanos, are you going to use loaner or your own essentials?
    I blow through packs like water in every PvP and never really pay attention to it.  Buying them is such a minimal HP expenditure that it's not really noticeable.

Anyway, you really only have to healthpack the essential with that team -- you purposely never heal Hulk, and Thanos doesn't take Court Death damage.

Here's the thing though: with Hulk on every enemy team, your essential is going to eat a ton of damage from the enemy Hulk no matter what you do.  I found that Court Death generally *saved* packs by ending the match faster/stunlocking enemy Hulk.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ihulk level 550 will show that wanda it's not so great counter- if players wanted to leveling him up and not baby champing him exclusively for being okoye's toy.
    I saw so few players running Ihulk above 480. But now these players will be autoskippables on this week possibly. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    For me i just healthpack Thanos - he won't be taking Court Death damage, but when hulk revives it'll do a significant amount of self harm to allies.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor

Not true. Knull will be alive... Technically dead cause AOE wlll kill him but you know what I mean.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasn't Hulkbombing Patch/3* Hulk?
  • entrailbucket
    Anon said:
    Wasn't Hulkbombing Patch/3* Hulk?
    It was, but it was such a good name I decided to revive it, nobody's using the 3* version anymore.  The 5* variant basically does the same thing -- you're purposely damaging your own Hulk.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    in PVP with IHulk I expect to see lots of SE or Colossus.  Unless you have a 550 Okoye and a 450 IHulk, IHulk will tank too many colors.  This is going to be a painful week in PVP and be prepared to use a lot of health packs.

AA might get some run in PVP for his stun and to deny red to IHulk
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    wymtime said:
    in PVP with IHulk I expect to see lots of SE or Colossus.  Unless you have a 550 Okoye and a 450 IHulk, IHulk will tank too many colors.  This is going to be a painful week in PVP and be prepared to use a lot of health packs.

AA might get some run in PVP for his stun and to deny red to IHulk
    What's a "SE"? 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    @mdreyer93 Propably typo of SW - Scarlet Witch
  • entrailbucket
    Hulk tanking everything is a positive when you're trying to kill your own Hulk!  I actually keep mine set at 5 black to maximize the match damage boost on resurrection -- it gets crazy very fast.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited September 2021
    Future Shock is Spiderman 2099 PvP, which means he counters iHulk by placing web tiles on also green tiles. Since Okoye wants to match yellow; therefore, it will trigger 2099's passive web creation. So, iHulk first pvp boost might not be that damaging.

What do players think about using Electro and SW against iHulk? Electro will reduce his AoE by 6000+ and SW will reduce it further. On top of that, your yellow ap will accumulate quickly (5 each turn from Electro). So, it would be good to put a yellow Reality. Electro's black will then deal close to 100k damage, after getting her power boosted 150% from Wanda's Reality? By then, you could 1-shot iHulk. 
  • entrailbucket
    Future Shock is Spiderman 2099 PvP, which means he counters iHulk by placing web tiles on also green tiles. Since Okoye wants to match yellow; therefore, it will trigger 2099's passive web creation. So, iHulk first pvp boost might not be that damaging.

What do players think about using Electro and SW against iHulk? Electro will reduce his AoE by 6000+ and SW will reduce it further. On top of that, your yellow ap will accumulate quickly (5 each turn from Electro). So, it would be good to put a yellow Reality. Electro's black will then deal close to 100k damage, after getting her power boosted 150% from Wanda's Reality? By then, you could 1-shot iHulk. 
    If you oneshot Hulk he immediately revives, stronger than before...it's usually not a good idea.
  • HoundofShadow
    You one-shot him last and you can also one-shot Okoye by the time you accumulate 8 black ap. 550 Okoye has only 128, 110 hp.
  • entrailbucket
    Seems like a lot of work.  Can you get to 16 black before Hulk kills you through your damage reduction?  16 is a lot of AP if it's not being fed.