Week 19 Boosted list Black Bolt, Ghost Rider (Robey Reyes), Okoye, Wasp (Hope van Dyne)

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is a particularly difficult Wanda/Shang/Chi team I'm seeing in there that I kind of keep crashing against. Wanda for me is kind of like Bishop was - I just don't seem to have the knack of winning offensively with her, so my Wanda/Okoye team wasn't really cutting the mustard. I'm actually using Carbage/Daredevil now, and mostly skipping wanda based teams, and i'm finding that really fun.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,416 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Peggy extends the match giving col5 match dmg to do real work.

preventing opponents from firing a power for extra 1 turn is a boon. 

All other caps need to bow to Peggy
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I’ve Found All Caps to be a wild slog. Peggy/Wanda/Colossus almost exclusively. Pretty interesting that 4* Peggy remains the best Cap.
    These offseason events that don't get boosted 5* are all horrific nightmare slogs.  I always start then give up about halfway through because they're not fun.

I guess some people like them?  It's like a balance of power-type thing?
    I like the novelty ones that aren't just random pick-3 boost lists, or that feature hilarious characters like Howard or Devil Dinosaur, otherwise it's just like one more Simulator. For this one, I did attempt an All Cap team of Lumbercap/Peggy/Flaptain, and wiped out immediately, so that was fun.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,954 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ve Found All Caps to be a wild slog. Peggy/Wanda/Colossus almost exclusively. Pretty interesting that 4* Peggy remains the best Cap.
    These offseason events that don't get boosted 5* are all horrific nightmare slogs.  I always start then give up about halfway through because they're not fun.

I like the novelty ones that aren't just random pick-3 boost lists, or that feature hilarious characters like Howard or Devil Dinosaur, otherwise it's just like one more Simulator. For this one, I did attempt an All Cap team of Lumbercap/Peggy/Flaptain, and wiped out immediately, so that was fun.
    That makes sense.  These events are for people who really love Shield Simulator! 

Personally, I'd prefer to slowly feed my entire body into an industrial wood chipper than ever touch Simulator again, but I guess some people like it.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Srheer0 said:
    Yeah, so this is a very balanced boost list, I expect to see all of the characters about equally, and it should be a very diverse meta for the week.

Hahahahahaha lol j/k wall of lvl675 Okoye/SW for 3 straight events

I do feel personally attacked by D3 for them not having Knull boosted for the ALLCAPS event :(

He's soo much fun with his healthpool
    Even unboosted, I still found Knull to be a lot of fun to play with Sam Wilson and Grocket (at least against opponents without Polaris, obviously). With every blue match, Sam boosts those strikes and reduces Knull's countdown so Knull's passives can quickly become brutal. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That makes sense.  These events are for people who really love Shield Simulator! 

Personally, I'd prefer to slowly feed my entire body into an industrial wood chipper than ever touch Simulator again, but I guess some people like it.
    I didn't let waste a 4* simulator cover in more than half a year and I'm not going to start now!
    The last one featuring loki wasn't populated, it was a bit hard.
    The previous month featuring kate was a succes.
    I suppose it talks about the character's popularity. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Srheer0 said:
    Mr_F said:
    Srheer0 said:
    Ahh so Wanda Okoye  will be the team to skip / use

Fear my Wasp/Yelena. :wink:
    Why is Yelena good with wasp? All I remember about Yelena is she does something annoying when you get 10ap in a colour

Or was it just luck of the draw when you pulled and just happened to champ them both at the same time?

My Yelena is 4/3/3. One more Cover from Red Guardian and she will be 5/3/3. Also at 4/x/x she will steal 4 ap when ya have 10 ap and deal damage and create strike tile. At 5/x/x/ she will do that at 9 ap.
    It was just random discovery: I had luck with pulling Yelena when she was in LT and later with classics. So when I started chasing Wasp I already had her highly covered. When I was searching for a partner ar 1st i used my Xavier (same reasons - highly covered and he provides healing from purple) but later I switched to Yelena for following reasons:
    1. Rainbow coverage
    2. Power independency: In some matches, like against America, I do not have to fire powers to get going. I can just relly on match damage and point 1.
    3. They dually supports each other. Wasp tanks for Yelena and can make her invisible and Yelena's red makes attack tiles which increase damage and healing from Wasp's black.
    4. AI is dumb and do not take into considerations Yelena's red power. And purple. And you dont even know how many people run high AP champions. Or when I intentionally put board the way that enemy has to collect AP it does not need so... eventually bam!
    5. Board is inreveleant: it does not mean how bad or good the board is. You can always get going thanks to point 1 and 2.
    6. Wasp can do some stuff alone and so do Yelena. So when either is too low or downed I can still do some stuff
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Srheer0 said:
    I guess this week will be the week of Okoye and iHulk. Not looking forward to it. 
    I don't think so,  Okoye and wanda will destroy anyone running okoye ihulk and lots of people broke big hoards for wanda.
    Correct I’ll be running them all week , which I normally do unboosted with success.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I wonder if XFDP is better than Wanda here? Or even 2099, I imagine a boosted Okoye will tank all his stuff.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,954 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if XFDP is better than Wanda here? Or even 2099, I imagine a boosted Okoye will tank all his stuff.
    You have to run SW or you'll be eaten alive by Okoye/Hulk.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Yeah maybe; whenever I've taken a 5/4 team into pvp, all my active queues are people generally in my MMR until I run one of my "strong" teams, but all my retals are single champ 5s or other 5/4 users, so it may be just as easy to go in with a weak team and farm retals back up faster.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Combined Arms  is going to make boosted 5* irrelevant for 3 days , so it will be a short week. It is my favorite event though , the whales get neutralized. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,656 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Combined Arms rocks. I am running my 10th different team so far, the diversity I can use from my roster is almost endless and there are some great tactical variance. I am going to squeeze Talos in here somewhere! And with well over 100 champed 4* to choose from I am not going to run out of options.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Combined Arms rocks. I am running my 10th different team so far, the diversity I can use from my roster is almost endless and there are some great tactical variance. I am going to squeeze Talos in here somewhere! And with well over 100 champed 4* to choose from I am not going to run out of options.
    Was the dumpster full? 😁 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Anon said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Was the dumpster full? 😁 
    It was quite full! No, I literally finally champed him for his rewards and was just thinking he may literally never see the light of day in PvP and now a chance!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having Talos and Polaris in the same tier is almost as inconceivable as Wa5p and Apocalypse in the same tier.

The discrepancy is unreal.
  • DAZ0273
    Options

Combined arms is not like SHIELD Sim at all in that the whole thing is not clogged up by the same repeat meta defence teams to chew through. My one hasn't even been too overbearing with Polaris, not that she is a problem anyway. And it means you can run as many different teams as you like if you have a broad roster and have an excellent chance of winning.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Anon said:
    Having Talos and Polaris in the same tier is almost as inconceivable as Wa5p and Apocalypse in the same tier.

The discrepancy is unreal.
    This is true. One is the Mistress of Magnetism and the other has a stick. But I guess if life gives you a stick, you had best get head bonking with it.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I’m ThaRoadWarrior said:

Combined arms is not like SHIELD Sim at all in that the whole thing is not clogged up by the same repeat meta defence teams to chew through. My one hasn't even been too overbearing with Polaris, not that she is a problem anyway. And it means you can run as many different teams as you like if you have a broad roster and have an excellent chance of winning.
    Chavez starting with 2 AP in all colors and 25 different pairs of teammates went 25-0 in as little as 6 punches .
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Combined Arms is PVP run on previous week boosted list. If it was "normal" PVP it would be on "old" boost list. So we are not loosing any day of Okoye. And more importantly, Wasp.