Week 17 Boosted list Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Heimdall, Hela

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The most common team I saw was IM46 and Doc Ock in SM pvp.

I couldn't remember exactly what Dr Ock' green does but I know it gives burst team heal and the repeater count gets lower each time you fire his green. My natural instinct to match threatening enemy special tiles (except 4* Deadpool's cd tiles) kicks in when I saw his Reactor on the board. I happily matched it away and boom! My entire team ate an AoE huge enough to knock out my SM. Luckily, 5* Thanos wasn't in that team.

This boost week has been really fun with Sinister and 5witch. I enjoyed laying trap tiles. I look forward to Mr Sinister's boost week again. 
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I can't see your roster but I would use Rocket, Polaris and Nico, and if you have it then put Carol's Communicator on the one that tanks the most. Unstable Iso is pretty easy and goon heavy so you shouldn't have much of a problem clearing most of the nodes.
    I believe Gamependium stopped working with HTTPS, so if you want to use / access the site, you need to do it without the S in the URL.  I can't seem to get that to work in Chrome, but it works in Edge fine if you really want to access the site.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Man, I LOVE it when Heimdall is boosted. I'm doing the challenge node in Arctic Circle with Boosted Heimdall/Boosted Ronan/Regular Shuri and happily swiping for 120,000 damage for 3 red AP, and then every third turn Ronan is doing 57k to somebody when his CD burns down.

Alternatively, 4* torch/heimdall/ronan is way fun if you want to focus on repeater destruction. Get Ronan's blue going, let torch fortify them, then use torch's red to blast them all for his own stacking damage followed by Ronan's repeater destruction damage.

Heimdall/Magik/Shuri is still a very fun team when Heimdall is 1-shotting everyone. Shuri will discount Heimdall's blue even if he can't do it for himself, and Magik will help you build random color fortifications every time someone fires off a power. 4* Torch will do that too, but Magik has the advantage of seeding the board with red on this team if you can get her Purple repeater out.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, I LOVE it when Heimdall is boosted. I'm doing the challenge node in Arctic Circle with Boosted Heimdall/Boosted Ronan/Regular Shuri and happily swiping for 120,000 damage for 3 red AP, and then every third turn Ronan is doing 57k to somebody when his CD burns down.

Alternatively, 4* torch/heimdall/ronan is way fun if you want to focus on repeater destruction. Get Ronan's blue going, let torch fortify them, then use torch's red to blast them all for his own stacking damage followed by Ronan's repeater destruction damage.

Heimdall/Magik/Shuri is still a very fun team when Heimdall is 1-shotting everyone. Shuri will discount Heimdall's blue even if he can't do it for himself, and Magik will help you build random color fortifications every time someone fires off a power. 4* Torch will do that too, but Magik has the advantage of seeding the board with red on this team if you can get her Purple repeater out.
    I think heimdall is very underrated for PvE. His healing and ap reduction are top tier.
    he can negate damage by sending allies airborn.
    You can build a lot of very good teams around him because he is so versatile.
    if I do not want to use health packs and run PvE slower I always run heimdall with Polaris and dark beast or Polaris and morbius.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I have really tried to make Heimdall work un-boosted, but there is a mountain of difference between doing 60k unboosted red damage and 120k in SCL10. I like it against goon-heavy challenge nodes. I'm really looking forward to getting Odin champed though, I want to run Odin/Heimdall/Ronan and see how that feels.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have really tried to make Heimdall work un-boosted, but there is a mountain of difference between doing 60k unboosted red damage and 120k in SCL10. I like it against goon-heavy challenge nodes. I'm really looking forward to getting Odin champed though, I want to run Odin/Heimdall/Ronan and see how that feels.

Why Ronan?  

Odin, Heimdal and BrB or Apoc would be more effective?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I've just champed Ronan, and I like trying to find teams of less-than-metas and try to make something out of them. Ronan's repeaters hit mega hard if you have enough of them in play, and they hit mega hard twice if they are fortified. They take a long time to propogate unless you can reduce the cost of blue, which is where heimdall comes in. But Ronan tanks too much right now against a lot of my other 5*s, so I'm hopeful Odin and his fortification jump in front ways can help, and then Heimdall will be able to make use of those fortifications to reduce power costs and prepare his big red swipe. It's just a fun gimmick play I want to explore. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    @shardwick LInk is in my signature. I will use Polaris, BRB and Thing for a winfinite. Communicator is on BRB,
    The link doesn't work. I've tried it in both Chrome and Firefox. It just gives me an error message that says that the website refused to connect. Maybe you could screencap the better parts of your roster and then host it on an imaging website.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options

I just champed Shuri a few hours ago , I’m going to take your advice and try her out . Didn’t know a good team for her yet . Thanks 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    She is great. As a 4* player I loved Shuri/Main event/4* Panther. Her AP games stack with Heimdall and 4* Lord to make things extra cheap, and they stack with Peggy to make things cost even more. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    It should be easy. Take wanda and she will wildly increase that blow.
    Edit: not really.  It seems she only increases the base damage blow without the extra on fortifying, although being a single blow.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Yeah I think a lot of y’all got hoodwinked into thinking Wanda is an Okoye-level damage booster. She really isn’t at all, unless you get her blue countdown in play. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She is the number one booster for huge nukes like colossus, GED, or really damaging multiple hits like apocalypse's black.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heimdall has 2 really good teams. But he really has no 5* dance partners which is a shame.

The first team is the one I mentioned before with Throg and vulture/black cat.
    The other team is shuri and lizard.
    Odin might be okayish but that pair lacks dps. The single red nuke between the two isn’t good enough.
    I like the Ronan idea with fortifying his repeaters.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2021
    Options
    No way is she the number one booster for small to medium multi-hits like apocalypse, his own boost is way better, and Okoye’s is completely better once you have enough team up to pass his static number since they don’t stack. Switch is a % based boost, which means you need the base damage to already be high. There are a ton of 5*s who came out sort of pre-nerfed to Okoye who do micro hits of little damage like Iceman, BRB, Knull, etc, and they don’t get much out of a % boost.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SW's boost power is absolutely horrible *compared to Okoye or Apocalypse*.  By the time an attack is big enough to benefit from her boost over one of the others, you don't need her boost anymore.

Nobody uses her as a power booster though, they use her because she shuts down all incoming damage AND does completely unpreventable passive damage to the enemy every turn.  If her boost was worth anything at all she'd be the best in the game by miles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Fought my first champed Odin paired with a boosted Heimdall in the Cag3 pvp. I was using Heimdall/Hawkeye, and I think I was using the wrong strategy. I put their Odin in front so he’d start spitting out fortifications for my Heimdall to use, and put him to sleep with Hawkeye. I was able to kill Odin, but their Heimdall cut my Heimdall down and left me with Hawkeye who couldn’t do big damage fast enough to avoid the swipe. I want to keep hunting for more to see if I can find a counter to it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These are the most common teams I've seen in Luke Cage PvP that are worth a lot of points (min 60) generally, in descending order:

1) Colossus/5Witch
    2) Polaris/BRB
    3) Heimdall/Hawkeye

I saw a few iHulkoyes coming out to play. Unfortunately, they will be slaughtered with ease. I would love to have Heimdall but it's a long road to champing him. 2 years perhaps?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I had a 182K Heimdall for the Luke Cage PvP but didn’t use him as I had no idea who he works with in pick 2. I didn’t see anyone else use him either on opposing teams . SWitch is on 90% of them .
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw zero boosted 5* this week.  There were plenty of Polaris teams.

The other team that's finally started to take off is Okoye/SW, which is just the replacement for Okoye/Hulk.  Okoye SW is the very best 2-person unboosted team you can run right now, and I expect to see nothing but that going forward.

I ran Hawkeye/Black Widow the whole way.  Hawkeye's cheap stun was basically the MVP since every team was SW.  Once the stun went off the match was basically over, but one damage arrow could kill her as well.