Week 17 Boosted list Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Heimdall, Hela

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
Man I think this might be my worst one yet!
Still no Okoye or iHulk...

Comments

• DAZ0273
    This week leaves us with just 5 more never been boosted - Okoye, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Hulk (Immortal) and Knull. This week we have a 2 never boosted/2 return boosted set-up.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Hmm. I usually only use Hawkeye for AP generation with Coulson and G4mora.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    I've none champed. Time to unleash 5witch & Apocalypse. Hawkeye/Heimdall could be popular. And I just realised that three characters are sorted alphabetically in the game. 

Here's 4* boosted list:

Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2), Peggy Carter, Polaris, Vulture, Wolfsbane

Peggy/Polaris/Vulture are meta.

With Polaris boosted, the equation changed and we'll probably see a lot of BRB/Polaris.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hm...I'm not sure who I want to try running here. Hela is kind of under-appreciated I think. Heimdall hits hard when he's boosted, and there is almost synergy with Hawkeye due to the fortification thing but you're just competing left and right for blue and red. Nata5ha is kind of designed to get rid of Clint as well, but she is one of my worst covered non-latest 5*s so I won't be running her.
  • DAZ0273
    Peggy Carter boosted, eh? I am sure that is just a co-incidence...
  • HoundofShadow
    It's a co-incidence. Don't overthink. Peggy Carter pvp will probably appear after mid September.  :D
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    4* boost list: Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2), Peggy Carter, Polaris, Vulture, Wolfsbane

This is interesting actually - Peggy/Hawkeye is going to be common, possibly Hela/Polaris. Will Heimdall/Peggy be a thing, with AP cheapening + AP Tax (and 100% overlap)? Will Hawkeye/Wolfsbane be popular? Or will BRB + boosted Polaris ultimately run the show?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well if Polaris is going to be boosted I’m going to SCL10 PvE again 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use Heimdall Blue on 3 blue tiles, Hawkeyes arrows become 3 ap each. Flood the board with arrows quickly, then you're nuking everyone for 3ap once you run out of them. Sounds fun. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Use Heimdall Blue on 3 blue tiles, Hawkeyes arrows become 3 ap each. Flood the board with arrows quickly, then you're nuking everyone for 3ap once you run out of them. Sounds fun. 
    Hawkeye fortifies his own CD tiles, so you might not even have to cast Heimdall blue.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Hawkeye fortifies his own CD tiles, so you might not even have to cast Heimdall blue.
    True, but I believe when Hawkeyes arrows resolve, they don't leave fortified tiles behind, so you'd still have to use Heimdall.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    If you use Hawkeye's red, they create blue fortified tiles for you that can help there.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried the combo out when Heimdall was released and it's ok but it really suffers from a lack of stuff to do on other colors.  If you can't get blue or red AP you can't do anything.

With Hawkeye boosted, out of arrows will hit much harder so it may be more viable.

Hey, has anyone ever used Hela for anything?  What does she even do???
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Hela fills all the blues with attack tiles, and she will also create strikes (prioritizing overwriting enemy SAPs first), and she punished the enemy team for collecting green passively. Every time you down an enemy she improves all friendly sap tiles, which makes her best for wave nodes. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Hela fills all the blues with attack tiles, and she will also create strikes (prioritizing overwriting enemy SAPs first), and she punished the enemy team for collecting green passively. Every time you down an enemy she improves all friendly sap tiles, which makes her best for wave nodes. 
    She’s great for those Mindless wave nodes when they’re creating 6 green per turn at start 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Even with her boosted it means she’ll most likely be KO in 3 turns instead of the usual first 2 moves . I actually like finding her on defense teams it’s basically a 3 on 2 battle
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned. Despite a lot of powerful characters being buffed, mostly Polaris and Peggy in the 4 star rank, Vulture and Heimdell are buffed together. That is such a scary team with Heimdell being able to get Vulture airborne. And having him airborne means he'll be able to completely negate any Polaris cascades. Despite her being buffed, It's a decently balanced week imo. 

( Inbetween 4 star and 5 star roster for reference. ) 
  • HoundofShadow
    Probably most players are either in 4* land or 5* land. I think that's the beauty of forum. You get different povs from different tiers of players. What we are lacking are 3* players and transitioning 4* players. There aren't a lot of transitioning 5* players as well. So, it will be great if more of such players join the discussions.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2021
    Even with her boosted it means she’ll most likely be KO in 3 turns instead of the usual first 2 moves . I actually like finding her on defense teams it’s basically a 3 on 2 battle

PVE, not PVP.

@HoundofShadow I am transitioning from 4* to 5* so I can tell: heavily depends on roster. What ya have or not highly covered and leveled. Like I still wait for Wasp and I used a lot Yelena when she was boosted but last week was hard cause my Iron Man 2/0/3 or Surfer 0/3/2 are not leveled and therefore not usable. The rest has 1-2 covers so ya know. Next week will be similar: I will have to rely on 4* and maybe my highly leveled non-boosted 5*. This week I'm using Juggs/Karnak. Juggs is awesome cause he can tank all those 5* match dmg. Propably will have to use him again. Strangly, Spider-Man PVP "has allowed" me to use Wasp 451/Yelena 405.

I definetly will rely on Polaris/BRB and boosted Wolfsbane this week. Maybe Peggy will replace Karnak and wil rock. Will see. But definetly 4* and maybe Wasp and Yelena.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Venomous said:
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned. Despite a lot of powerful characters being buffed, mostly Polaris and Peggy in the 4 star rank, Vulture and Heimdell are buffed together. That is such a scary team with Heimdell being able to get Vulture airborne. And having him airborne means he'll be able to completely negate any Polaris cascades. Despite her being buffed, It's a decently balanced week imo. 

( Inbetween 4 star and 5 star roster for reference. ) 
    They are a great duo and it's great to see them buffed in the same week.
    I run Heimdall, Throg, and Vulture regularly when I don't fee like using health packs. I think they are my third team and it is a lot of fun. After a few rounds you literally swim in AP and blow things up with vultures green when you get its ap cost to 3.