What's New MPQ (August 23, 2021)

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Options
    There could be another choice:
    In Episode 1 of What if? Steve Rogers wears a suit of armour called "The Hydra Stomper" powered by the Tesseract which is designed by Howard Stark

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4-Star Teaser: The OTHER Stark tech marvel...

Is it the "other" "Stark tech marvel"? (something made by Stark that isn't the obvious, the Iron Man armor)

Or is it the "other Stark" "tech marvel"? (something made by a Stark that isn't Tony?)

Looking through comic stuff for Howard and Arno, I don't see anything that particularly jumps out. Some interesting stuff, but nothing that feels like an MPQ character (Howard made some Arsenal weapons and some AIs that wouldn't really be support-worthy, and Arno doesn't really get credit for making his own Iron Man suit if he's just riffing off of Tony, right?).
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it is retro, back to Iron Man 1:

The Stark Industries missile that nearly kills him. 

Powers are likely: 
    1) Explode
    2) Explode
    3) Explode

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is it a copy and paste error in the PVE events where there's Odin shards instead of Shangi-Chi shards?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whiplash ! 
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    I hope it's not another iron man variant, we got plenty of those.. still waiting on Omega Red, Toad, Blob, Amora The Enchantress. etc.
  • LazyHex
    LazyHex Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    Is it a copy and paste error in the PVE events where there's Odin shards instead of Shangi-Chi shards?
    Is shang Chi shard
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    Yes. I think it's an unwritten rule that there always has to be at least one copy/paste error in these updates. ;) 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    Yes. I think it's an unwritten rule that there always has to be at least one copy/paste error in these updates. ;) 

Apparently the 5* boost list is also wrong as Venom Bomb is showing Captain America (Infinity War) as boosted not (First Avenger) according to the Week 15 boost thread.
  • Elementeo
    Elementeo Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am thinking Obadiah (Iron monger)
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Next 4 star is probably Hydra Stomper from What If. Howard Stark created it and the clue says Stark doesn't specify Tony. Makes sense since we already have had Captain Carter for a long time
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Next 4 star is probably Hydra Stomper from What If. Howard Stark created it and the clue says Stark doesn't specify Tony. Makes sense since we already have had Captain Carter for a long time
    It’s getting ridiculous that they are completely ignoring characters around for half a century for a flash in the pan character popular in media for about 2 weeks . I hope it goes back to the comics soon ( although AliLoki was cool). 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s getting ridiculous that they are completely ignoring characters around for half a century for a flash in the pan character popular in media for about 2 weeks . I hope it goes back to the comics soon ( although AliLoki was cool). 
    Disney mandates most of this stuff as a condition of their licensing.  All the various Marvel games have similar tie-ins around the same time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I went to google Hydra Stomper and it's actually Steve Roger in Ironman suit. He does look similar to Iron Monger though. If it's him, he will be the 7th Steve Roger and 8th Iron Man-like variation in the game. 

Look out for potential defensive meta from this guy, if it's him.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Disney mandates most of this stuff as a condition of their licensing.  All the various Marvel games have similar tie-ins around the same time.
    Doesn’t Disney have anything better to do than make a laughing stock of Stan Lee, his legacy, and his creativity ? Surely there must be app games with Scrooge McDuck or Goofy where they can insult Disney fans with laughable parodies of characters that no one is interested in. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I haven't watched a single episode of What If... yet. I went to youtube and watched the first trailer. I noticed there are 14 million views with 626K likes within a month of release. I think that's quite a lot of no ones interested in this.

Here's the link:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x9D0uUKJ5KI
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I went to google Hydra Stomper and it's actually Steve Roger in Ironman suit. He does look similar to Iron Monger though. If it's him, he will be the 7th Steve Roger and 8th Iron Man-like variation in the game. 

My first thought was Hydra Stomper but I'm really hoping it's not for this very reason.
  • gruzacky
    gruzacky Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    A Taneleer Tivan, the collector, would be nice in the future.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The alternative is that we never ever get to see new characters because they keep having to go back for characters who have been around for half a century. Age does not constitute merit. The game jumps around, because for every fan who agrees with you, there's also the fan who grew up with the 90's comics/cartoons/games, and another that came into Marvel straight from the MCU. They deserve just as much consideration which planning new characters for the game.