What's New MPQ (August 23, 2021)

Options

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The entire cliche is , Cool, calm and collected.  So, it’s possibly someone with a cold / ice power ( Ymir?). Or since it was omitted it could be someone who isn’t cool personality -wise . (Possibly one of the frequent forum posters) 
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Neko
    The 8/12 - 8/19 boost list has six (6) boosted 3 stars and 4 stars. Is this correct or just a typo?
    Also, it looks like 3 star Beast is boosted but you have Beast (AOA) in there instead of Beast (Classic).
    Or considering Sam Wilson could be 4* it could be eight 4*s and four 3*s
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully, that happens.

It's a little too early for them to release someone from Shang Chi. I think it's another character from Loki series and the closest one I can find is He Who Remains. So, I guess that it's him.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Could be Zemo, we didn’t get any Flaptain & Bucky content that I recall.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2021
    Options
    They didn't release anyone related to that series, which is weird. They seem to give everyone 400 Winter Shards though. Does that ring a bell?

Zemo doesn't seem calm and collected, but he is patient. The missing word "cool" might point to that series. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I think the main two from F&TWS pretty much are covered with their 4* versions, Sam particularly so but that still left Zemo, John Walker and even Sharon Carter. So agreed is odd. I suspect we will see all of them again though, so perhaps their time will come.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Sharon Carter would be (i believe) the first Support-turned-Playable if they went with her, right? I think you could do a post-Winter Soldier white wolf Bucky if you were so inclined, but on screen he kind of seems just like a diminished Winter Soldier so I'm not sure that would be a great 5*. I don't know, I would say that D+ Zemo was nothing but calm and collected. Kind of just around making little jokes for the most part no matter what was going on. Anyway, I hope the mechanics are good regardless. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think so. I guess the precedent I would say for it being possible is Karnak being a Lockjaw power not stopping him being released as an actual character (maybe we can get Crystal too one day?)
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MackDan1 said:
    If you are not creating new 3* characters, could you please stop making us use 3* characters as the center character in pvp? They are pretty much useless now and we have over 100 4* characters that should rotate in pvp instead of 3s. I realize that it's probably for the newer players with growing rosters. Maybe we could have an option to choose which route to go, like we do when we select our SCL. Once you choose 8 or above we get a 4* as the center character. Just a thought.
    The continued dilution of the 4* tier, combined with the gigantic iso costs to champ them all, would make 4* only PVP a huge competition gap between older rosters and newer rosters. 

Even if newer rosters are playing highly competitively in top alliances in both PVE and PVP and spending on the game, they will have a harder time catching up to the vet rosters that have completed nearly every 4* as a new release and kept up with 5* releases to have a giant network of champ rewards as well.  Plenty of players playing SCL 8 or above have less than half of the 4* champed, with the extreme dilution now some SCL 8 and 9 players have not even collected the entire tier yet.

Old rosters already get a natural advantage, the earlier you started playing the easier it was to collect 4* and 5* and the more champ levels you collected. Now old rosters get an additional gigantic advantage with boosted 5*, which again favors those who had an easier time collecting older characters with less dilution in the tiers.

We don't need another reason for newer rosters to give up on the game because they can't compete and have literally no means to beat dilution to get to a competitive level.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    MackDan1 said:
    If you are not creating new 3* characters, could you please stop making us use 3* characters as the center character in pvp? They are pretty much useless now and we have over 100 4* characters that should rotate in pvp instead of 3s. I realize that it's probably for the newer players with growing rosters. Maybe we could have an option to choose which route to go, like we do when we select our SCL. Once you choose 8 or above we get a 4* as the center character. Just a thought.
    The continued dilution of the 4* tier, combined with the gigantic iso costs to champ them all, would make 4* only PVP a huge competition gap between older rosters and newer rosters. 

Even if newer rosters are playing highly competitively in top alliances in both PVE and PVP and spending on the game, they will have a harder time catching up to the vet rosters that have completed nearly every 4* as a new release and kept up with 5* releases to have a giant network of champ rewards as well.  Plenty of players playing SCL 8 or above have less than half of the 4* champed, with the extreme dilution now some SCL 8 and 9 players have not even collected the entire tier yet.

Old rosters already get a natural advantage, the earlier you started playing the easier it was to collect 4* and 5* and the more champ levels you collected. Now old rosters get an additional gigantic advantage with boosted 5*, which again favors those who had an easier time collecting older characters with less dilution in the tiers.

We don't need another reason for newer rosters to give up on the game because they can't compete and have literally no means to beat dilution to get to a competitive level.
    How often are newer rosters competing with old rosters? Surely the old rosters are mostly just competing among themselves. I'm unconvinced that this would put off newer players. It would be an opportunity to try out 4* that they don't already have and rarely play against. As MackDan says, what's the point in having all these characters if we rarely use them? 

Also, I suspect the vast majority of SCL 8 & 9 players have less than half the 4* champed. I'm almost eligible for SCL 10 and I only have 36 of the champed. But I see no reason why that should put us off having a more varied PVP.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think so. I guess the precedent I would say for it being possible is Karnak being a Lockjaw power not stopping him being released as an actual character (maybe we can get Crystal too one day?)
    I wonder if she'd be eligible to equip the Sharon Carter support? That would be pretty rad; actually if they made her a Villain it wouldn't overlap, that's the only qualifier on it. just checked.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As MackDan says, what's the point in having all these characters if we rarely use them? 

Thay would be a pretty subjective question. If you see the posts of the newcomer characters, usually there are people happy to have them.
    The question fails in the same way as many posts before: to use "we". No, "we" are not exactly the same "we". As a scl10 player I can champ any new 4* in aprox 2 months since its release, and having 5 or 6 extra covers later.
    Dillution can be overcomed  favoriting the character.
    And there are already 4*s pvps, and anybody can play since there are loaners.
    Finally, there are always newcomers. The only thing they need is ask for advice. Right now there are a lot of ways for them to make their path knowing how.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    I didn’t even bother collecting or champing useless 4* until about a year ago when doing it became a milestone reward . Unless it fed a meta 5 or was named Polaris , Grocket or Juggernaut they just would have sat on the shelf , just like 90% still do. 
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ugh.. I'm being quoted on something I never said. 😆
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Give it time, i'm sure you'll say it eventually. We all have.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Funny. And yet, you are using another time "we".
    I can name someone who never will say it: me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Bad said:
    Funny. And yet, you are using another time "we".
    I can name someone who never will say it: me.
    Never? Give it time lol
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    With Meet R&G next week, the entire classic 5* has gone full circle , with the exception of the 13 new 5* characters since the cycle began . Does anyone know where or how these new characters are added, at the end , mixed in next cycle , or a combination of both ? Trying to plan ahead a little , thanks .
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Spiderman Infinity War is back as placement reward in Psylocke PvP.  :)
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    MackDan1 said:

How often are newer rosters competing with old rosters? Surely the old rosters are mostly just competing among themselves. I'm unconvinced that this would put off newer players. It would be an opportunity to try out 4* that they don't already have and rarely play against. As MackDan says, what's the point in having all these characters if we rarely use them? 

Also, I suspect the vast majority of SCL 8 & 9 players have less than half the 4* champed. I'm almost eligible for SCL 10 and I only have 36 of the champed. But I see no reason why that should put us off having a more varied PVP.
    In current MMR conditions a player with a couple of brand new 5* champs at 450 and only half the 4* tier champed at 270 will match with a vet with all 5* champs ranging 450-470 and all 4* tier 320-370. 

Keep in mind that MMR does not take into account boost levels, only base levels, so not only will a large portion of the required 4*s have the potential to be outgunned by 200-300 levels by older rosters with similar MMR, but their few 5*s are also likely to be outgunned by 120-150 levels by older rosters with 5* characters on the boost list each week.  And around 900 pts is when MMR breaks and everybody is fair game to the 550s.

So those smaller rosters who are actually playing PVP for more than just the daily milestone reward or smaller progression rewards, and especially those trying to earn event placement or season rewards, end up being matched up with larger rosters quite frequently.