Anniversary Store

Options
124»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    The best thing that could happen to Xmen is marvel finally owning the rights.
    It is so unfair for those great characters...
    Fox didn't do that bad a job. The first 2 X-men movies were awesome. I also really liked the first 2 of the 2nd trilogy (first class, days of future past) and Logan. The rest, not so much.
    The also did a really great casting job with Jackman as Wolverine, Stewart as Prof-X, McKennan/Fassbender as Magneto and Berry as Storm. Marvel will be hard pressed to do better there.
    KGB
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    Bad said:
    The best thing that could happen to Xmen is marvel finally owning the rights.
    It is so unfair for those great characters...
    Fox didn't do that bad a job. The first 2 X-men movies were awesome. I also really liked the first 2 of the 2nd trilogy (first class, days of future past) and Logan. The rest, not so much.
    The also did a really great casting job with Jackman as Wolverine, Stewart as Prof-X, McKennan/Fassbender as Magneto and Berry as Storm. Marvel will be hard pressed to do better there.
    KGB
    Agreed about the casting for X-Men, but Stewart as Prof X is about as much of a slam dunk for casting as you could get.  Some of the X-Men even made that comment in a Star Trek/X-Men crossover where they commented that Picard looked a lot like Prof X, and that was well before the X-Men movies were cast.  (wiki check)  Planet X, it was called.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the role of X it is not needed really much, just to shave off the head, like James Avoid, who actually is not bald, although he seems a bulky Marvel character in Split.
    And they made a younger version of the xmen without Wolverine. Jackman seems to have lost interest on him and they just killed wolverine. Without a character like wolverine dark phoenix film loses appeal.
    I didn't know disney bought fox on march 2019, though. 71.000 millions.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    For the role of X it is not needed really much, just to shave off the head, like James Avoid, who actually is not bald, although he seems a bulky Marvel character in Split.
    And they made a younger version of the xmen without Wolverine. Jackman seems to have lost interest on him and they just killed wolverine. Without a character like wolverine dark phoenix film loses appeal.
    I didn't know disney bought fox on march 2019, though. 71.000 millions.

I think you might mean 71 Billion, lol! 71 million dollars doesn't even buy you a whole Justice League movie!
    Jackman was concerned that he had become too old to stay in shape to be Wolverine BUT I wouldn't rule out a cameo appearance in the MCU with all these Multiverse rumours flying around. A pre-Logan but aging Wolverine would be a possibility. Casting a younger Wolverine may well be the biggest decision Marvel have to make regarding the mutants, so I expect them to tread carefully.
    It is funny as Jackman wasn't even first choice, it was a guy called Dougray Scott who couldn't take the role because of other commitments. Kevin Feige is a good friend of Jackman's and was apparently instrumental in getting him the role through contacts at Fox. So with that relationship, it isn't too far outside the realms of possibility that Jackman might do Feige a solid with a guest appearance somewhere.
  • Bad
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I think you might mean 71 Billion, lol! 71 million dollars doesn't even buy you a whole Justice League movie!
    Jackman was concerned that he had become too old to stay in shape to be Wolverine
    Surely you are overstimating fox. 71.300 million dollards exactly. Fantastic four, xmen, avatar and simpsons join Disney for to battle Netflix.
    Jackman has 53 years. Imo if disney had the rights since the start Wolverine would have been a lot greater. They did it with guardians of the galaxy without any doubt being less relevant than him.
    Obviously the character needs a new face for to shine again. 
    But an according, right and careful decision, not like the last fantastic fours film.

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Bad said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Jackman was concerned that he had become too old to stay in shape to be Wolverine
    Surely you are overstimating fox. 71.300 million dollards exactly. Fantastic four, xmen, avatar and simpsons join Disney for to battle Netflix.
    Jackman has 53 years. Imo if disney had the rights since the start Wolverine would have been a lot greater. They did it with guardians of the galaxy without any doubt being less relevant than him.
    Obviously the character needs a new face for to shine again. 
    But an according, right and careful decision, not like the last fantastic fours film.

I acknowledge I might be missing an obvious wind-up here... :D
    They got a lot more than that including some massive film franchises, quite a few of which are made for Disney like Ice Age, Home Alone, Planet of the Apes, Night at the Museum, Kingsman and Percy Jackson. Then add in the more adult stuff like Die Hard, Predator and Alien which are off brand but will surely be tackled in some way.

• Bad
    Options
    You missed that for the same reason as me. They chose the worst year in modern Hystory for to get rid of 71k millions.
    Good deal for Fox.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Bad said:
    You missed that for the same reason as me. They chose the worst year in modern Hystory for to get rid of 71k millions.
    Good deal for Fox.

I did indeed miss a k there!

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Colossus is great but he's too plain or straightforward. There aren't a lot of strategies you can play with him: you either buy time for your other teammates or you match-damage opponents to death. 
    LOL, have you met the comic version of Colossus? He's pretty plain and straightforward, too. The devs hit that one on the head, huh?
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When is this store appearing?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tonypq said:
    When is this store appearing?
    Early October.
    Anniversary is officially 10/4, iirc.