SummerTime ALL STARS store- Featuring Deadpool, Apoc, Kitty

13»

Comments

• hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    I had 150 CP saved up, and was saving for the Anniversary Store due to the better odds for the 4* meta characters (I'm in 4* land for the foreseeable future.) And then I took a look at the Summertime Store and realized that the meta 4*s have better odds in that store as well, so decided to go for my 6 pulls and see what I get. I can still save up for the AS in October, right? Of the 5*s, I only have Apoc, and of the 4*s with better odds, I only have 2 champed, and still don't have CapWorthy yet, so pulling any of those 12 would be a boost for my roster.

First pull, Kitty, although it's her red ability. Still, very, very happy to finally have her. On a side note, I've been working on getting Lockheed up to 200, and he's currently at 199, so will be nice to be able to pair them for the synergy bonus.

Now I have a choice to make. Knowing full well that the rest of the pulls are highly likely to be all 4*s, do I continue pulling or continue saving for AS? I decided that the better odds 4*s I would like to have more of now, so I continued to pull.

Had my son pull next, he got me a Quake blue, which gets her to 1/2/5. I don't mind.

Next I pulled a Jean Grey, which I'm happy about, as I really want to get her into a more playable position.

Next had the wife pull, and she got me another Jean Grey, which got her to 2/2/3. That's a better spread, I like that.

Next I pulled 4* Deadpool, which gave me my 13th cover for him. Now I can champ him, which is what I've been working on for a while. Very happy about that pull.

Last pull was Chavez red, which I didn't have. I only had 2 green for her, so getting another ability for her is good.

So overall I'm really happy with the 6 pulls. I can still save for the AS, but for now, I'm glad I have dipped into the Summertime Store. It helped me out.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    hothie said:

First pull, Kitty, although it's her red ability. Still, very, very happy to finally have her. On a side note, I've been working on getting Lockheed up to 200, and he's currently at 199, so will be nice to be able to pair them for the synergy bonus.

Pair Kitty Pryde with Chewie the Flerken. Its a much better combo for pve. Chewie's rank 1 power is to add attack tiles which is manna from heaven for Kitty.
  • hothie
    Phumade said:
    hothie said:

Pair Kitty Pryde with Chewie the Flerken. Its a much better combo for pve. Chewie's rank 1 power is to add attack tiles which is manna from heaven for Kitty.

I'll try that, thanks. :)
  • hothie
    Wanted to grab a few more pulls before the store goes away. So last night I pulled

5* Deadpool blue with my first one. I didn't have him before, so I'm really happy to have him now.

And St4r-Lord purple. That gave me all 3 abilities of his, which is nice. Overall still very happy that I was able to pull from this store.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    did well on this one. 40 pulls, 9 - 5* 5 kitty, 2 apoc, 2 dp. all the biz got me a milestone that netted me 2 more apoc covers from shards as well.
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    I’m new here but I can’t find any information on why the opportunity for bonus shards wasn’t activated in this store. 

Has this ever happened? If something was said could you please direct me to the source? It seems very suspicious to me.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker
    so 900 CP and NO 5* well K then mayby better luck with aniversary store
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    64 pulls.

Got 6 Kitty covers, now 5/5/3 and 3 saved covers.
    Also got 3 covers for Apoc, a new roster at 1/1/1, and 4 covers for DP, also newly rostered 0/3/1.

Was happy with my 4* pulls, got 7 worthy Cap, 6 Karnak, 2 Medusa, 5 Moon Knight plus the odd cover for a various meta 4*s.

Now to save for the AS, can hopefully get 1k CP by then :) 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was able to cobble together enough CP for about six pulls during the last week and got black covers for Apoc and Deadpool. Pretty good considering. 
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Had to pull 14 tokens to champ Colossus through shards. You know why;-)
    3 out of 14 five-stars is excellent for me. Two champ levels for Deadpool and one for Kitty. No Apocalypse. 
    The meta 4-stars were also nice. Better than more Talos. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    Wilger said:
    This is why it's best to hoard, I saved exactly 300 pulls with col/5witch/knull
    My 1st 30 pulls got nothing
    Ended up with 465 colossus(already had 3 covers)
    453 5witch(1 cover)
    455 knull(1 cover).
    I really hope your pulls are better next time. 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Wilger said:
    This is why it's best to hoard, 
    Doesn't seem like a great reason to hoard. The chances of that 900 CP yielding no 5* isn't going to change just because you have another 7000 CP to use. And by pulling now, a player gets to at least make use of all those 4* covers now rather than waiting, which can make it easier to get more CP in time for the next fan favourites store.