SummerTime ALL STARS store- Featuring Deadpool, Apoc, Kitty

LazyHex
LazyHex Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
edited July 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
U can post your results here for this surprise store 

Comments

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Interesting how they KEEP doing stores or offers on boosted 5stars when they are close to leaving being boosted.

Surely they should be pushing the offers and stores at the start of the boosts?
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Ooops, there goes all my CP. I don't have many 5* so it's unusual for a special store to only contain ones I already have rostered. Nice to give them a bit of a boost since I do use all 3 quite a bit. With ~40 pulls I got 2 for Apoc, 1 for Kitty and 2 for Deadpool, taking them up to 2/2/3, 2/1/2 and 2/1/2 respectively. And 500 shards from a milestone that I'll have to think about what to do with.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I only had 286 CP, but my luck was incredible. 4 5* (2 DP, 1 Apoc and 1 Kitty). 4 out of 11, that's 36% !!
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brilliant move by d3
    1. Boost apocalypse and show everyone how powerful he can be, make those who don't have him want him. Make those that have him want a bigger version.
     2. Release a store with him while he's boosted.
    3. Profit
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's your chance to complete your Kitty and Apocalypse. With these two favourite meta characters being offered so early, I wonder who's going to appear in Fan Favourite during Anniversary.

It's good that they do this regularly so that players will have a 1/21 chance of getting a specific 5* instead of 1/385 chance.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's your chance to complete your Kitty and Apocalypse. With these two favourite meta characters being offered so early, I wonder who's going to appear in Fan Favourite during Anniversary.

It's good that they do this regularly so that players will have a 1/21 chance of getting a specific 5* instead of 1/385 chance.
    The fan fav store is based on fan votes. Kitty has traditionally been the choice of transitioning 4 star to 5 star players, but I think BRB is the new best choice since he plays better with polaris so I could see him taking kitty spot.  Apocalypse and okoye could stay the same but I could see Wanda or Colossus taking one or both of their spots.
  • HoundofShadow
    BRB can definitely take over Kitty. He's part of the winfinite team for SCL 10, and Sabretooth can't do anything to him.

Here are the 4* with boosted draw rate, lifted from reddit:

Four stars with a bonus draw rate:

Chavez
    Worthy America
    Captain M4rvel
    Deadpool (Uncanny)
    Jean Grey
    Juggernaut
    Karnak
    Medusa
    Moon Knight
    Polaris
    Grocket
    Wolverine (X-Force)

The only surprising entry to me is Moon Knight. Is he really that popular? Notice how none of the Spiders made it to the list. 

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wanted to dip my toe in to grab a few Apoc levels. Spent 400 CPs, got 4 Apoc levels. Not game changing by any stretch, but I'm quite pleased with the results.
  • HoundofShadow
    I decided to try my luck and got pretty crazy RNG: 15 5* out of 59 pulls. I decided to save my cp for Anniversary.
  • SlicerDicer
    SlicerDicer Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    eight days is not nearly enough to get get a solid chance at a 5 star drop.  not that i won't try. but i will be lucky to even get 5 attempts in the coming week.

it would be great if a 5 star dropped on every 7th pull. 
  • fractalvisions

How much do we expect the fan favourites to change in just 3 months?
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,633 Chairperson of the Boards

How much do we expect the fan favourites to change in just 3 months?
    Fan favorites is based on the results of the poll they run before anniversary.  It usually has one guy who's not good in MPQ but is popular with Marvel fans in general (I think people always vote for Wolverine so we get OML in there).

So if you already have all the good characters maxed or will otherwise not pull on the store, you can tank the results by voting for someone bad!
  • fractalvisions
    Perhaps my question wasn't clear. The current fan favourites store is presumably based on last month's poll. Do we expect another poll in 3 months to have a vastly different result? Especially as Apoc and Kitty were also in the anniversary store last year. Perhaps some people will feel they've had enough covers for those two and choose differently, but I have my doubts. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ack. I should build a cp float for events like this.  My bad, lesson learned, hopefully I can get a few pulls this week. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps my question wasn't clear. The current fan favourites store is presumably based on last month's poll. Do we expect another poll in 3 months to have a vastly different result? Especially as Apoc and Kitty were also in the anniversary store last year. Perhaps some people will feel they've had enough covers for those two and choose differently, but I have my doubts. 
    Oh I had no idea there was just a poll!  And Deadpool was a winner?  I'd assume the results will be about the same then, but maybe Deadpool gets replaced by a different mediocre-but-popular guy.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Blew all my CP chasing more Wanda levels after the Electro store looked lackluster.  I wouldn’t have had enough to make much of a difference anyway, but I am having terrible luck in latest.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blew 2200 CP to get 1 Electro in her store so I don't want to use any of my remaining 1800 CP on this store esp since I already have Apoc/Kitty covered. :'(
    KGB
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    this is a pretty great store.  APOC and Kitty are top tier, and while everyone rags on Deadpool, but he's pretty handy outside of his tokens (6 black can do infinite damage). Deadpool isn't top tier - but he's not useless.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    18 Pulls

2 Apoc
    2 Deadpool
    1 Kitty

5/18 = 27.8%, I can't complain about that. Don't want to dip too deep, I recently pulled a bunch of classics and am rebuilding my stash for the anniversary store.