SummerTime ALL STARS store- Featuring Deadpool, Apoc, Kitty

Comments

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    Deadpool is fun to use.  I like those characters that reward you for making matches depending on enemy’s strong color.  Or like Valkyrie that impose some kind of extra reason to target someone in particular.

When I see him in PVP, i usually jump on those matches.  So definitely no scarecrow but his black does make me target him first and has sometimes ended up in frustration.  He’s an example of great mid tier character construction I think.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone takes him lightly until they eat a Penance Fare that downs their main character. It happened to me before.  :D
  • Romanshi
    Romanshi Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    For about 60-65 pulls I've got 3 Apoc, 3 DP and 11 (!!!) Kitty covers. Something must be broken...
  • HoundofShadow
    Your bond with feline is simply too strong. Who knows, you might get another 125 or 250 Kitty shards from your free pull in the vault during International Cat Day.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled 1 Apoc, 2 Deadpool and got another Kitty cover via shards from about 325cp, so not bad. Definitely gonna hoard CP for a bit now though.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    4 DP in my first 30 pulls, up to 3/0/3...
    3 Apocs in the next 7 :smiley:. Up to 457 with a level from shards as well.

No bonus shards possible on this store, either an accidental oversight from the devs or a purposeful big middle finger.

Either way 7/37 is 18.9%. Stopping while I'm ahead to see what comes in the October store.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Perhaps my question wasn't clear. The current fan favourites store is presumably based on last month's poll. Do we expect another poll in 3 months to have a vastly different result? Especially as Apoc and Kitty were also in the anniversary store last year. Perhaps some people will feel they've had enough covers for those two and choose differently, but I have my doubts. 
    I imagine with more characters and a broader meta than anniversary time of last year that the favorites will be split up.

Apoc and Kitty obvious top tier choices, DP is probably a casual player favorite picked more on character popularity than in game usefulness.

I bet in October we get the second round, Okoye and BRB top tier shoo-ins, 3rd could be prof$, iHulk, Thor, maybe even onslaught? Could even be newer options Wanda or Colossus, or another casual favorite popular character like OML.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    DP is good.  The issue to remember is that most people don’t get to decide which 5* to level first.  So if your new to 5* land.  DP with red blue black is good starting point.

the must haves now are
    okie, apoc, Wanda, collossus. More or less

then choose the 5* that can work in those combos. 

From that context DP is a good third choice

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brilliant move by d3
    1. Boost apocalypse and show everyone how powerful he can be, make those who don't have him want him. Make those that have him want a bigger version.
     2. Release a store with him while he's boosted.
    3. Profit
    I was thinking about this, and I realized it doesn't make any sense.  CP is not money and it's not even particularly easy for most players to convert money into CP. 

The people with CP hoards that take advantage of these stores aren't even necessarily spenders at all.  I don't see how a CP store makes a profit for d3 in any way.

What they should be doing is offering the boosted 5* as either HP offers or real money offers.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Theghouse said:
    Perhaps my question wasn't clear. The current fan favourites store is presumably based on last month's poll. Do we expect another poll in 3 months to have a vastly different result? Especially as Apoc and Kitty were also in the anniversary store last year. Perhaps some people will feel they've had enough covers for those two and choose differently, but I have my doubts. 
    I imagine with more characters and a broader meta than anniversary time of last year that the favorites will be split up.

Apoc and Kitty obvious top tier choices, DP is probably a casual player favorite picked more on character popularity than in game usefulness.

I bet in October we get the second round, Okoye and BRB top tier shoo-ins, 3rd could be prof$, iHulk, Thor, maybe even onslaught? Could even be newer options Wanda or Colossus, or another casual favorite popular character like OML.
    Yes, I did wonder if that's a possibility. Makes me wonder who would be in the 2nd set of 4* though. Or perhaps they're just splitting the 5* but will repeat the 4* favourites?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2021
    The 4* list didn't change much from last year list. 

This is last year March 2020 favourite 4* list. In bold are those not in this year list.

America Chavez
    Bishop
    Captain America (Worthy)
    Captain Marvel
    Human Torch
    Juggernaut
    Medusa
    Peggy Carter
    Rocket & Groot
    Sabretooth
    Spiderman (Infinity War)
    Wolverine (X-Force)

As for 5*, BRB/iHulk/Wanda/Colossus could shift things.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Brilliant move by d3
    1. Boost apocalypse and show everyone how powerful he can be, make those who don't have him want him. Make those that have him want a bigger version.
    3. Profit
    I was thinking about this, and I realized it doesn't make any sense.  CP is not money and it's not even particularly easy for most players to convert money into CP. 

The people with CP hoards that take advantage of these stores aren't even necessarily spenders at all.  I don't see how a CP store makes a profit for d3 in any way.

What they should be doing is offering the boosted 5* as either HP offers or real money offers.
    i didn't mean profit super literally.  There are some people that will join buy clubs but they also don't like hoarding and this is a hoard breaker, and I was trying to reference south parks under pants gnomes formula

1. steal underpants
    2. ?????
    3. Profit
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brilliant move by d3
    3. Profit

i didn't mean profit super literally.  There are some people that will join buy clubs but they also don't like hoarding and this is a hoard breaker, and I was trying to reference south parks under pants gnomes formula

1. steal underpants
    2. ?????
    3. Profit
    Ah sorry.  However, I will stand by my assertion that they *could* make a bunch of money if they actually sold the boosted guys while they were boosted!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled ~ 2500 CP.  Had Kitty at 2-3-3 and Apoc at 1-0-0 and no Ghostpool.

Ended up with Kitty at 4-4-4 with 396/500 shards  :)
    Apoc at 4-1-0  :(
    Ghostpool 1-0-1  <3 the tacos

Not great pull % but getting Kitty into champ range is awesome since I just busted my latest legends hoard to get Wanda, Colossus and Knull champable.  Halfway to saving the ISO I'll need to take all 4 of them to champion.  Hopefully by next month I'll be in 5* land.  
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip said:

Not great pull % but getting Kitty into champ range is awesome since I just busted my latest legends hoard to get Wanda, Colossus and Knull champable.  Halfway to saving the ISO I'll need to take all 4 of them to champion.  Hopefully by next month I'll be in 5* land.  
    Congratulations. Good teams to transition with too. Are you going to make the jump or soft cap to troll the Polaris users with your meta team?
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip said:

Congratulations. Good teams to transition with too. Are you going to make the jump or soft cap to troll the Polaris users with your meta team?
    Just saving ISO to make the jump and then champing them.  Halfway there.  Want to level all 4 at once so that MMR is at least somewhat doable in PvP which is the mode I enjoy most.  I have a few other 5*s max covered, Civil War Cap & IM, & Thanos but of those three I didn't really feel like I would have a better time in either PvP or PvE so I hoarded for a while.  
  • Sekilicious
    Three pulls, one black Apoc! A pink Kitty (or any Ghostpool) would have been nice but still four days to go
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Since I have all the metas champed and like everyone else wouldn’t dare use the other 50 5* in my PvP,  I sit out vaults like these and the anniversary store . I’d like to see a Wasp, Rescue, Hulk BB anniversary store because forum posts on it would be so entertaining. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I have all the metas champed and like everyone else wouldn’t dare use the other 50 5* in my PvP,  I sit out vaults like these and the anniversary store . I’d like to see a Wasp, Rescue, Hulk BB anniversary store because forum posts on it would be so entertaining. 

Not a single CP would be wasted.
  • Sekilicious
    I too would be fascinated with Wasp, Rescue, Hulk. It might end up being first empty draw forum post on the general page.