Half a Million matches... by August 2022

Options
2»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How did you figure out your covers? As in are you including shards in that total or only what you pull via tokens. It takes some serious dedication (and time) to figure out you added 3900+ 4* covers.

I'm also curious about some of the other numbers you posted. For example in 2*, you say 99 champs added. Does that mean you actually rostered 99 more 2* or that you flipped your farmed characters 99 times. I also find it curious that 99 times only works out to 63 covers per champ * 99 = 6237 covers. For 3*, you got ~5700ish covers. I would have expect you to get dramatically more 2 and 3* than 4* but that doesn't seem to be the case.

KGB
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All my stats came from Milestone rewards.  I had posted my Milestones as of May 20, 2021 earlier in the thread.  So it was easy to compare those numbers with my current milestone progress.

The champ count is number of champed characters added in the time period.  Hard to extrapolate to an exact cover count for 2* and 3* as the only metric is champing which at a base minimum requires only 13 covers/new champ.  Your math on covers is the max 13 covers + 50/100 to max * # of champs.  Reality is probably somewhere in between.  Which likely lowers my 2*/3* cover count more than you estimate.

Still likely means my 4k 4* covers compares to ~5k 3* and ~5.5k 2* (ish) which is closer than you would think, but an idea of where the economics are in SCL10.

I play SCL10 so get very few 2* specific covers as rewards (Sim is the only place), some specific 3*s, but more specific 4*s.  See my thread about it being "easier" to cover a new 4* than 3* in SCL10.  So specific rewards are 4* weighted.  

Pack odds are still weighted toward 2* when factoring in all types, but must be balanced by shards and champs rewards which only come for 3* and up.  

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 said:

I play SCL10 so get very few 2* specific covers as rewards (Sim is the only place), some specific 3*s, but more specific 4*s.  See my thread about it being "easier" to cover a new 4* than 3* in SCL10.  So specific rewards are 4* weighted.  

Pack odds are still weighted toward 2* when factoring in all types, but must be balanced by shards and champs rewards which only come for 3* and up.  

Still, there are tons of Elite, Heroic and Mighty tokens handed out compared to LTs. Those are heavily weighted to 2*. Plus of course Deadpool / vault tokens (assuming you opened any which I assume you must have as otherwise you'd have accumulated thousands more deadpool/vault tokens). Plus of course some PvP battles reward 2* tokens directly, others Elite etc.

Trying to figure out if you just hoarded the Elite/Heroic/Might tokens and ignored Deadpool and other vaults. That would explain why your 2/3* numbers are so close to the 4* ones when I'd have expected 2 or 3 times as many of those covers as 4* ones.

KGB
  • WeaponX092
    WeaponX092 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    490,594 matches for me.
    I'm on day 862 of the game.
  • Punter1
    Options
    KGB said:
    Trying to figure out if you just hoarded the Elite/Heroic/Might tokens and ignored Deadpool and other vaults. That would explain why your 2/3* numbers are so close to the 4* ones when I'd have expected 2 or 3 times as many of those covers as 4* ones.
    For context, I hoard LT & CP, plus Tacos.  Open LT/CP to champ the latest 5s, and occasionally open Tacos when I need health packs.  Open everything else daily and buy the 100 HP vault daily deals.  

I'll run a quick experiment today and somehow hold off opening anything until after the alliance rewards for PVP come in, that's most of the expected rewards I'd get for a day. Sub rewards from last night, PVE initial clear, PVP rewards & DPD.    

Will track what tokens I open and what rewards I get.  I do expect more 2*s than anything, but will still be interesting.  Small sample, but still fun to do!
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,578 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    571.320 matches on day 2480, next milestone will be 60 5* champs.
  • Punter1
    Options
    Todays haul:
    Before pulling: 1x 1* from PVP win, 3*s 2x Patch from PVP, Quicksilver from DPD, Luke Cage from Sim prog

Tokens available from PVE nodes, prog & sub rewards, PVP rewards & DPD
    7x Heroic - 2x 2*, 4x 3*, 1x 4*
    6x Standard - 5x 1*, 1x 2*
    1x Elite - 2*
    3x Mighty - 3x 3*
    6x Infinite Vault (1 daily deal) - 5x 2*, 1x 3*

Great Heroic pulls and then limited excitement elsewhere.

Applying the covers got 2* Cap Champed, another Heroic turned into a 3 plus 430 total 4* shards.  The Shards meant I could add a level to 3* Doc Ock (fave), 4*s X Wolv, Cage & Miles.

So end results for the day:
    1* - 6 - 18%
    2* - 9 - 27%
    3* - 14 - 42%
    4* - 4 - 12%

So 2*s aren't the majority, though a lucky heroic set helps.  Anyway - interesting for a small sample size.  I pulled 28, but added another 4 champ reward covers which will always be >= 3*.  
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 639.491 matches right now. 
    30 cps for one million awaits.
    I play everything except 2nd clear on puzzle gauntlet nodes.