Half a Million matches... by August 2022

Punter1
Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
159 days since Milestones went live (Dec 11 2020), 129,144 matches made so far or 812 matches/day

Next Milestone @ 500k matches.  At my current pace I'll get there in ~456 days or about August 18th 2022, can't wait!  Would make it day 3,108 for me, 8.5 years of MPQ.

For context, 5* player, daily 5 clears in CL10, DPD daily I ignore the 1* & 2* nodes, PVPs to 1kish (no hopping these days), 2k in SIM each season, do all the other story events as posted.  So probably more than the average but maybe not more than the average forum poster.  

How does that compare to you?  When are others going to reach that 500k??  Will I even make it!

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I’m at 129,648.  Pretty close!
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Similar play style but do all nodes in DDQ and dabble in Lightning Rounds.  133192 matches, doesn’t really bother me that the next milestone is so far away as it’s nice to have a long term goal (same for the boosts - at 20000 with next target 50000).

I’m sure others, especially competitive PvP players in the higher scoring shards and those that seem to play every LR obsessively, are way ahead of that.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do Carbages auto matches count towards the goal total?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ll be done with that one in roughly 6 months based on my current progress. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    The thought of playing that much MPQ makes me cringe. Also, the reward for that many matches is laughable.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    127K here. So... yeah. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    159k for me.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm at 138k. CP but not huge rewards for it.

Still will be faster than TU's, I think I calculated that out early on and my rate would be 2026....and I assume they added another level on it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Making matches don't look that bad when you compare it with other updates. For example:

1) promote 4* into Champion 150 times, when there are only 111 4*. I will hit this in 2023 or 2024 and most other players will probably hit this in 2026 or 2027 or beyond.

2) promote 3* into Champion 160 times. I'm at 66 now. Likewise, I'll hit this in 2023 or 2024.

3) promote 4* into Champion 250 times. I'll probably see this happening after the next 2 US Presidential Election, if MPQ Is around. By then, MPQ would be around 15 years old.

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Making matches don't look that bad when you compare it with other updates. For example:

1) promote 4* into Champion 150 times, when there are only 111 4*. I will hit this in 2023 or 2024 and most other players will probably hit this in 2026 or 2027 or beyond.

2) promote 3* into Champion 160 times. I'm at 66 now. Likewise, I'll hit this in 2023 or 2024.

3) promote 4* into Champion 250 times. I'll probably see this happening after the next 2 US Presidential Election, if MPQ Is around. By then, MPQ would be around 15 years old.

Anybody with a decent farm will hit these milestones sooner than later. I'm at 164 4*'s and my farm isn't anything out of the ordinary.
  • HoundofShadow
    That anybody with a decent farm probably refers to the top 5 or 10% of the playerbase. It's out of reach for the majority of the players.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Yeah i'm just not working on Team Ups at all, i'm at 453/600. Unless the rewards jump up to 3 or 4* supports, I'm fine grinding the Use 50,000 Boosts up to a CAble cover instead. I'm at 27,617/50,000 on that one. I'll never finish up the Shields in Vs one, I'm still at 38/50 there. The juice isn't worth the hp squeeze for me to mess with it. I'm at 39/50 2* champs, 56/80 3* champions, 110/150 4*s, and 32/35 5*s currently. Since i'm not farming dupes, I'm really just champing them as they get released for higher tier characters, and as they organically flip at the lower tiers. I only keep 3x 2* champions at a time, the rest just sit collecting saved covers until one of my champs maxes out.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    The matches stats was interesting as the big number, now done some more math.  

Health Packs @ 2,611 or 16/day - I try and remember to keep burning these daily 
    TU @ 241 or 1.5/day - hardly use these and when using Okoye so much not high priority to use TU
    Boosts @ 2,395 or 15/day - getting better at adding match boosts to speed up
    Shields @ 77 or 0.5/day - 1 per PVP only
    4* powers @ 1,347 or 8.4/day - decent pace on these, CL10 and PVP 1k adds a few
    5* powers @ 155 or 1/day - though not that consistent really as clumped on days when new characters enter and LT used
    2* Champs @ 56 or 0.4/day - surprisingly slow, but in CL10 2*s aren't offered as rewards, so all token based
    3* Champs @ 104, or 0.7/day - faster than 2*s!
    4* Champs @ 112 - this is since the start, only just getting going on dupe farm, 7 @ 370 currently, will speed up as more get maxed

All these have next milestone hits in the near future, though that's because I'm not as far along yet.  No real complaints here, just fun crunching the numbers.  Milestones are a great feature, extra rewards for doing what we are already doing. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    110K for me doing 7 clears of PvE (CL8) and PvP to 900 plus DDQ.
    Guessing the extra 10-20K matches some others here have for doing the same thing are either due to CL10 taking longer or else their higher push in PvP.
    I wonder if any heavy lightning round players are in the 160K+ range.
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was wondering if it was due to which specific teams we are all using. I would guess Hulkoye and Thor, since they hinge so heavily on non-matched tile breaks, are going to be accruing less "matches" even while the players are performing at a higher level
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    That anybody with a decent farm probably refers to the top 5 or 10% of the playerbase. It's out of reach for the majority of the players.
    That can be said for many milestones. It gives people something to look forward to completing in the future even if they don't have the roster for it now. 
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    166k for me.
  • HoundofShadow
    The initial batch of milestones are pretty achievable, save for a few like TU, Shield etc. 

If they update the 4* and 5* milestones again, not even the most competitive early players can achieve them within a year. I think this is probably the last batch of updates to the current milestone quests, unless they add new quests.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I wonder if we'll see Event Quests make a comeback? they were fun, it's too bad they proved too buggy