Puzzle gauntlet

Options

Comments

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Siv75 said: 
    Both me and my son were playing this whole thing together
    It sucks the drops worked that way for you.

My bane is generally 5profx... If he is on the enemy team I know there will be at least a match 4 every time the enemy moves.  Even if there isn't one on the board, it'll fall from the sky like rain in a jungle.  I've moved beyond frustration into amused fascination.  

I'm glad you're enjoying your time with your son though.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question about the sword. He does an additional 779 damage to Heroes. Does that mean anything that deals damage, including matches? What about something like Iceman’s repeaters?

I understand the appeal of the sword for newer players who use supports to beat crashes and shield trainings and whatnot.

But as a deep 5* player I’m having a hard time deciding who this is a good fit for.  My guess would be someone like Hulk who does lots of passive damage, but I have Peni on him to get the heal/Yellow AP generation for Hulkoye.   Maybe Wanda? Though she won’t get PVE use when no longer essential. 
    Any suggestions for a good fit? I don’t use strange at all so that’s out. Polaris for all those passive tics of damage?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I got a level 5 Taskmaster and a level 4 Chewie. Also, my red iso is under a million for the first time in over a year. 
    I have every support I own maxed out and I have 5,338,532 red iso... 🤦‍♂️ 
  • Yepyep
    Options
    Question about the sword. He does an additional 779 damage to Heroes. Does that mean anything that deals damage, including matches? What about something like Iceman’s repeaters?

I understand the appeal of the sword for newer players who use supports to beat crashes and shield trainings and whatnot.

But as a deep 5* player I’m having a hard time deciding who this is a good fit for.  My guess would be someone like Hulk who does lots of passive damage, but I have Peni on him to get the heal/Yellow AP generation for Hulkoye.   Maybe Wanda? Though she won’t get PVE use when no longer essential. 
    Any suggestions for a good fit? I don’t use strange at all so that’s out. Polaris for all those passive tics of damage?
    So the sword's Rank 3 effect is "The supported character's powers deal an additional x damage to enemies." 

So that rules out match damage. But I like your idea of using it on Polaris -- but I use my 3* Atlantis on her, personally. It grants the same bonus to powers (at Rank 1) as my 3* sword would but, crucially, its Rank 3 effect gives her a 53.9% chance to gain 5 green AP at the start of the match, which superpowers my BRB/Th4nos/Polaris winfinite for use in challenge nodes. It's an absolute blessing in that context...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Yepyep said:

So the sword's Rank 3 effect is "The supported character's powers deal an additional x damage to enemies." 
    I was referring to rank 1. 

I have a rank 4 Atlantis on Polaris for the same reason haha. Didn’t realize it had the same extra damage perk. So no need to swap. 
    Guess I’m back to not knowing what to do with it. I’m guessing it doesn’t boost 4* Juggs AOE. 
  • Yepyep
    Options
    Yepyep said:

I was referring to rank 1. 

I have a rank 4 Atlantis on Polaris for the same reason haha. Didn’t realize it had the same extra damage perk. So no need to swap. 
    Guess I’m back to not knowing what to do with it. I’m guessing it doesn’t boost 4* Juggs AOE. 
    Oh, sorry, I have no idea about the sword's rank 1...

I actually didn't realize the Atlantis had a damage perk, either, unit I just read up on it replying to your post above... So, yeah, that's awesome to (re)discover!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It includes match damage. If your opponent is a Hero, you will deal additional damage from R1 + R3 effect.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I use the sword on Polaris. I rarely use anything other than thorpocalypse in pvp but for those really tough challenge nodes I sometimes have to resort to the brb Polaris winfinite. The extra damage on her passive attacks makes things slightly faster. 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have swapped it on Black Cat and Kraven at various times but now I have my sword on Mysterio. In the same vein: would it help Sinister?

What about Knull? Would the extra 1110 be considered as permanent Damage? 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options

I run it:

1) Daily on the required 4* in DDQ's Behemoth Burrito node. Most often, you're fighting heroes and since their health is low, I find I often finish the node on match damage alone. Especially helps with **** 4*s (Talos, Emma, etc).
    2) In PvE it is my 3rd best non-assigned support that villains can use, so if the essential 5*, 4*, and 3* are all non-meta villains (e.g. not Apoc or Th4nos) then it goes on the 3*. I think that's happened once. But it's happened.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow, I can't say a word that begins with cr and rhymes with happy? It changed it to ****. That's a bit extreme even for me and I'm someone who doesn't like swearing.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Swearing doesn’t turn words to tinykitty anymore? I’m not sure I can **** handle this ****
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why would you remove the miniscule feline after so many years? Sad time.

At least we can type tinykitty still...

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Now that Puzzle Gauntlet is becoming a regular thing we really need a wiki or sortable google doc (for those of you who prefer those) that lists all skills in the game and which character/Support has them (active power or passive).
    What I'd like is a list of which characters create fortified tiles, create charged tiles, steal special tiles, transform tiles into color X, add tiles of color X and so on. It's especially hard to remember now with so many 4* characters who does what and who doesn't.
    Having a nice list to reference would really help when these nodes come up that require you do unique things to win because in every event we see asking for help with a certain win condition and going "d'oh" when someone points out a character they've forgotten about.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Don't worry. Someone will start a thread and suggestions will come pouring in. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Wow, I can't say a word that begins with cr and rhymes with happy? It changed it to ****. That's a bit extreme even for me and I'm someone who doesn't like swearing.
    I got around it by just switching out that word or other 4 letter words with Talos. Like holy Talos I hate fighting Profe$$or X teams.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After playing all the nodes for this week puzzle, I just realized that so far, the games have quite few characters that help create enemy Strike (Elektra, Patch, Polaris, Sabertooth,Prowler, 5*Colosuss) and Attack( 4* and 5* Carnage and MODOK) tiles but only 1 character that create enemy protect tiles (Venom). 3*Hawkeye can create all 3 kinds but they seem to be up to 4 random types). Hope they can create characters that create more protect and also enemy Countdown and Repeater seeing that special tiles are used by many characters nowadays.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    5* Kingpin can turn friendly strike, protect or attack tile into enemy's. I think he's in a special position.  :p
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    I thought this was the easiest one yet. especially since 4 star gamoras deadliest woman works this time.  Since the win condition isn't have X amount of some tile and is just "down the enemy" you can use her passive to instantly down the enemy.  I won both the 1v1 nodes this way.
    Just did this also, thanks.  Didn't think deadliest woman would work since it's not the "right" type of damage.  Good to know.

Enjoying another set of neat puzzles not to skip. Love'em.

Using many different people on my roster, and not blindly matching like normal.  Nice challenge, agree these are easier than prior ones.

For the other nodes (non "1-on-1"), Deadpool's whales work as well.  I think Punisher's red will work as well (if the target is under the health% threshold).  Any of the "instantly down" attacks work because they're not damage, they're instant death.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    shardwick said:
    I got a level 5 Taskmaster and a level 4 Chewie. Also, my red iso is under a million for the first time in over a year. 
    I have every support I own maxed out and I have 5,338,532 red iso... 🤦‍♂️ 

Ditto.  All are maxed and I have 3mil red ISO.