Puzzle gauntlet

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
Another set of weird puzzles to skip. Hate'em.

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought this was the easiest one yet. especially since 4 star gamoras deadliest woman works this time.  Since the win condition isn't have X amount of some tile and is just "down the enemy" you can use her passive to instantly down the enemy.  I won both the 1v1 nodes this way.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They are deceivingly hard sometimes. It really takes patience and puzzle skill. Luck is welcome too. And it helps a lot if you don't get angry soon (my pitfall ...).
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The match protect tiles was a long and arduous task because I didn't realise gamora worked until the 1 vs 1 nodes and then everything was easy.

I love the puzzle gauntlets, actually having to think instead of just putting out the same meta team every fight
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel stupid.  How is Gamora helping with those final two hard ones?  Not sure how that instantly downs the enemy.  That said, I hate these also.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I assume people are using her Deadliest Woman passive to stack all the purples with firendly specials to insta-kill whoever is in front?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I thought this was the easiest one yet. especially since 4 star gamoras deadliest woman works this time.  Since the win condition isn't have X amount of some tile and is just "down the enemy" you can use her passive to instantly down the enemy.  I won both the 1v1 nodes this way.
    Just did this also, thanks.  Didn't think deadliest woman would work since it's not the "right" type of damage.  Good to know.

Enjoying another set of neat puzzles not to skip. Love'em.

Using many different people on my roster, and not blindly matching like normal.  Nice challenge, agree these are easier than prior ones.
  • TheDaniel
    TheDaniel Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I feel stupid.  How is Gamora helping with those final two hard ones?  Not sure how that instantly downs the enemy.  That said, I hate these also.

4* Gamora's black power has the passive ability that if all purple tiles are friendly specials at the beginning of the turn then it instantly downs the target, regardless of the requirements of the puzzle node. The active part of her black power is to convert a number of purple tiles to friendly attack or strike tiles.
  • LavaManLee
    Options
    Thanks all!  There's the problem with using my 5*s all the time.  Appreciate the info!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I brought a couple of 3* Falcon team ups with Wolverine. My wolvie was effectively immortal with the Pym Gauntlets but surprisingly did not take as long as I thought it would 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    These puzzles are delightful every time.
  • MegaBee
    Options
    Thanks all!  There's the problem with using my 5*s all the time.  Appreciate the info!
    Yeah, I've dipped into my 3-stars for some of these puzzles.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shuri and Prowler doing work with those fortified tiles.  Had a blast with that one.
  • MegaBee
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Shuri and Prowler doing work with those fortified tiles.  Had a blast with that one.
    I tossed in 4-star BP for added fun.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I cannot get anywhere with the web tiles one vs. Spidey 2099, Gwen, and Anti-Venom. I literally haven’t killed one enemy in three tries… Help please! What teams are you guys using against them? And attack order…?
  • MegaBee
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    I cannot get anywhere with the web tiles one vs. Spidey 2099, Gwen, and Anti-Venom. I literally haven’t killed one enemy in three tries… Help please! What teams are you guys using against them? And attack order…?
    I used 5-star Peter Parker, Miles, and 2099. Take down Gwen first to prevent her heals.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:

You have to stun Gwen. Her heal on webbed matches will make it difficult, otherwise.
  • TheDaniel
    TheDaniel Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I used Spidey 2099, Gwen, and Miles. Lots of stuns (Gwen's pink, Miles' red, Spidey's Blue) and attacked other Gwen first.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Had no idea Gamora could insta-win those 1v1 battles. Seems like something they overlooked because it's definitely not clear that it should be exploitable. I  won both quite easily without using her all (Patch vs Patch then Loki vs Daken).
    The only hard battle was matching enemy protects since there is no way to give them more protect tiles without firing powers for Cage or letting Prof X go Invis. In fact if you leave Fist to last it's possible it's not winnable. Ultimately for me it was a 15 minute battle using Miles in invisible mode and firing powers for Cage to make protects.
    What really sucks about Puzzle Gauntlet is already having the Support at Rank 3 (something I've had for every one of these so far) and then drawing Rank 3 supports. In fact this time was an extra kick in the nuts because I lucked out on my 3 vault draws and got the extra draw token for the support and went 0-3 on getting a Rank 4-5 support. That's what needs to be fixed or else just tell me up front my 2-3 draws are only Rank 3 support and I won't even bother with the event.
    KGB
  • LavaManLee
    edited May 2021
    Options
    KGB said:
    Had no idea Gamora could insta-win those 1v1 battles. Seems like something they overlooked because it's definitely not clear that it should be exploitable. I  won both quite easily without using her all (Patch vs Patch then Loki vs Daken).
    The only hard battle was matching enemy protects since there is no way to give them more protect tiles without firing powers for Cage or letting Prof X go Invis. In fact if you leave Fist to last it's possible it's not winnable. Ultimately for me it was a 15 minute battle using Miles in invisible mode and firing powers for Cage to make protects.
    What really sucks about Puzzle Gauntlet is already having the Support at Rank 3 (something I've had for every one of these so far) and then drawing Rank 3 supports. In fact this time was an extra kick in the nuts because I lucked out on my 3 vault draws and got the extra draw token for the support and went 0-3 on getting a Rank 4-5 support. That's what needs to be fixed or else just tell me up front my 2-3 draws are only Rank 3 support and I won't even bother with the event.
    KGB
    Totally agree.  The RNG of the support ranks can make it feel a little bit futile to jump through the hoops just to be told "here's some worthless RISO".
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ditto, 3* duplicate on the rewards. That side needs to be improved