Puzzle gauntlet

Options

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    KGB said:
    Had no idea Gamora could insta-win those 1v1 battles. Seems like something they overlooked because it's definitely not clear that it should be exploitable. I  won both quite easily without using her all (Patch vs Patch then Loki vs Daken).
    The only hard battle was matching enemy protects since there is no way to give them more protect tiles without firing powers for Cage or letting Prof X go Invis. In fact if you leave Fist to last it's possible it's not winnable. Ultimately for me it was a 15 minute battle using Miles in invisible mode and firing powers for Cage to make protects.
    What really sucks about Puzzle Gauntlet is already having the Support at Rank 3 (something I've had for every one of these so far) and then drawing Rank 3 supports. In fact this time was an extra kick in the nuts because I lucked out on my 3 vault draws and got the extra draw token for the support and went 0-3 on getting a Rank 4-5 support. That's what needs to be fixed or else just tell me up front my 2-3 draws are only Rank 3 support and I won't even bother with the event.
    KGB
    I went with 4* Venom, Prowler, 3* Iron Fist. Fist procs C4ges black and adds black with his pink. Venom gives more enemy protects every time you match a protect. And Prowler because my Venom is 1/0/1 lvl 70 so needs those protects that were matched. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks @MegaBee and @Borstock -- the Gwen heal is what I couldn't figure out. I'd forgotten about her passive heal...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Luckily on this one and on Pizza Dog I was able to increase from 3* to 4*, but since the 4* has no associated perk from this era of support, it was just a marginal upgrade. I was super stoked to jump up to 5* on RTF though. But yeah, advancing supports generally needs a lot of help if we're going to be asked to engage with them a ton.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    Had no idea Gamora could insta-win those 1v1 battles. Seems like something they overlooked because it's definitely not clear that it should be exploitable. I  won both quite easily without using her all (Patch vs Patch then Loki vs Daken).
    The only hard battle was matching enemy protects since there is no way to give them more protect tiles without firing powers for Cage or letting Prof X go Invis. In fact if you leave Fist to last it's possible it's not winnable. Ultimately for me it was a 15 minute battle using Miles in invisible mode and firing powers for Cage to make protects.
    What really sucks about Puzzle Gauntlet is already having the Support at Rank 3 (something I've had for every one of these so far) and then drawing Rank 3 supports. In fact this time was an extra kick in the nuts because I lucked out on my 3 vault draws and got the extra draw token for the support and went 0-3 on getting a Rank 4-5 support. That's what needs to be fixed or else just tell me up front my 2-3 draws are only Rank 3 support and I won't even bother with the event.
    KGB
    I used 4* Venom to create extra enemy protects.  Worked well.  
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    revskip said:
    KGB said:

The only hard battle was matching enemy protects since there is no way to give them more protect tiles without firing powers for Cage or letting Prof X go Invis. In fact if you leave Fist to last it's possible it's not winnable. Ultimately for me it was a 15 minute battle using Miles in invisible

It must have gone a lot different for you than me. I tried 1st with a L300 Venom & Prowler and 266 Loki (just for cheap purple cast). I realized early on that Venom does nothing until you cast a power so Cage makes a protect and you can match it. For my 1st 2 powers (Purples), Cages protects were no where I could match and Prowler fortified them for Cage. By then Fist had dropped a Blue and they cascaded into a Match 5 for Prof X damage and next thing I know Cage was one shotting Loki with his Yellow and Fist dropped Prowler with his Green and I'm like 'Hell no, I'm not wasting health packs chasing this nonsense'.
    So I went in with Miles and 2 randoms (don't even recall who now) to spam powers and I did it all invisible when my randoms died early on.
    The problem is they can use all 6 colors and 5 of them hit hard so Venom is very unreliable if Cages Blacks aren't matchable.
    KGB
  • Pat1985
    Pat1985 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You can still exploit 4* Gamora on these ones too... Ex. Go in with her, Kitty and Polaris and just spam up the board with matched protects and once all the purple/pink tiles are all covered she instantly downs whoever is in front do that 3 times and its over. Takes longer and I don't believe it's the intended way to win but you can take little damage with kitty boosting the protects every turn. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options
    KGB said:
    revskip said:
    KGB said:

The only hard battle was matching enemy protects since there is no way to give them more protect tiles without firing powers for Cage or letting Prof X go Invis. In fact if you leave Fist to last it's possible it's not winnable. Ultimately for me it was a 15 minute battle using Miles in invisible

It must have gone a lot different for you than me. I tried 1st with a L300 Venom & Prowler and 266 Loki (just for cheap purple cast). I realized early on that Venom does nothing until you cast a power so Cage makes a protect and you can match it. For my 1st 2 powers (Purples), Cages protects were no where I could match and Prowler fortified them for Cage. By then Fist had dropped a Blue and they cascaded into a Match 5 for Prof X damage and next thing I know Cage was one shotting Loki with his Yellow and Fist dropped Prowler with his Green and I'm like 'Hell no, I'm not wasting health packs chasing this nonsense'.
    So I went in with Miles and 2 randoms (don't even recall who now) to spam powers and I did it all invisible when my randoms died early on.
    The problem is they can use all 6 colors and 5 of them hit hard so Venom is very unreliable if Cages Blacks aren't matchable.
    KGB
    This one is tricky with Venom because, as you can't do match damage, you cannot reliably get enemy protect tiles down. You need to match one from Cage, or Prof X to start it up. Then it can go fast as all Venom's protect tiles land on yellow, so good chance you get multiple protect tiles in a match-3/4, which gives even more protect tiles. 

And I use Okoye to tank the yellow, which has multiple advantages. Okoye usually has enough HP to take hits and you can always cast her yellow to heal (and get another enemy protect tile through Cage).
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Pat1985 said:
    You can still exploit 4* Gamora on these ones too... Ex. Go in with her, Kitty and Polaris and just spam up the board with matched protects and once all the purple/pink tiles are all covered she instantly downs whoever is in front do that 3 times and its over. Takes longer and I don't believe it's the intended way to win but you can take little damage with kitty boosting the protects every turn. 

The beauty of this is that, once the board is flooded, you can populate purple again pretty fast.
  • Liljoeyjojo
    Liljoeyjojo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    KGB said:

4* Venom helps. Every time you match an enemy protect, venom makes a new one.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pat1985 said:
    I used Gamora, Coulson, and 5-star Hawkeye for this one. Stun juggling and a combination of Cage's protect tiles with Deadliest Woman made it slow but reliable. 
  • Yepyep
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Dogface said:
    KGB said:
    revskip said:
    KGB said:

KGB
    This one is tricky with Venom because, as you can't do match damage, you cannot reliably get enemy protect tiles down. You need to match one from Cage, or Prof X to start it up. Then it can go fast as all Venom's protect tiles land on yellow, so good chance you get multiple protect tiles in a match-3/4, which gives even more protect tiles. 

And I use Okoye to tank the yellow, which has multiple advantages. Okoye usually has enough HP to take hits and you can always cast her yellow to heal (and get another enemy protect tile through Cage).
    I SCRAPED by on this one using Venom, barely. Him, Wasp (for the cheap powers and stuns), and Prowler (for the double hits on tiles that would then protect me). This one was hard for me but I also thought it was pretty fun. I almost quit early to replace Venom but he hung in there for me after Wasp was OFFed.

For this event, stuns have been the key for me...
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A Puzzle Gauntlet finally paid off for me. Got my first rank 5 support from my first Taskmaster sword pull. Now I need to save up ~600k riso.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Polaris , BRB, gamora, she gets tons of blue and keeps people stunned, when the board is filled with my tiles she deadliest woman them all  One by one. 

I don’t even look what the puzzle is 
  • Yepyep
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    Polaris , BRB, gamora, she gets tons of blue and keeps people stunned, when the board is filled with my tiles she deadliest woman them all  One by one. 

I don’t even look what the puzzle is 
    Wow... This was slow, but it most definitely got the job done. Thanks!
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got a 5* Taskmaster Sword, and am equipping it to 5trange for that sweet, sweet retaliation damage upgrade.

I also got a 2* Atlantis, which is the final non-Stone support I was missing, This was a very nice Puzzle Gauntlet for me.
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any help on shuri and BP4? Since shuri also hands damage if a fortified is matched, I get killed quickly.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shuri/IM40/anyone with cheap stun. If you're thinking of using SM2099, forget about him because his blue doesn't cause them to take more damage. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dogface said:
    An advanced support token should not be giving a 2* support. They are very hard to come by, and then getting a 2* support is very disheartening.

Yes

Even the odds of getting a 5star and a 4star support from the tokens are disheartening. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lvsmr2 said:
    Any help on shuri and BP4? Since shuri also hands damage if a fortified is matched, I get killed quickly.
    If you have Prowler, especially with his support, it is pretty easy. C4ge can also fortify tiles and throws down protects with IF. So, if you you’re relying on 3* character you might need to use Kamala, someone who can spam powers, and a stun or two and wait for Shuri to fortify enough tiles for you.