***** Scarlet Witch (WandaVision) *****

Comments

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Has D3 made a mistake with SW? From my perspective all you need is 13 covers and she makes every other toon better to her max potential.

Unlike Okoye or Apoc that get better at higher levels. SW only gains health and marginal increase to her green damage ability.

I am not sure if it is worth it to her to high level.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Codex said:

Unlike Okoye or Apoc that get better at higher levels. SW only gains health and marginal increase to her green damage ability.

I am not sure if it is worth it to her to high level.
    Having just 60k health , she needs every possible help to survive the battle. And with more green the more useful she will be. A lot. Because all charges count as one attack as Hound said, and that scalates with the increase in damage per level.
    I agree she is a character who can be played well at baby champed.
    She fits in every possible team by the fact, but apocalypse can maximize her green without caring for her tanking, and she can maximize his multiple hits at same time.
    Too bad that shared strenght is not increased by WTMR lol, but that was expected.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Ok, she is REALLY helpful in cascade situations. I like her.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    After playing in her pvp for a bit I'm very happy with her.  Playing with brb and apocalypse I've climbed from 0 to 1000 with almost no health packs used.   Brb blue already mitigated ihulk green pretty well but with Wanda on top of it I've been seeing a lot of -1 -1 -1.  Even had hulks red nuke do -1 a few times. 

I wish every pvp could be Wanda's
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Imagine a world where's Wanda's Mystical Feedback's charges are treated as individual hits. Mirror matches would be fast and charges would keep on increasing.

Start of game: player makes a match and enemy gets 1 charge.

Turn 1: Mystical Feedback hits you. They make a match. You gain 2 charges.

Turn 2: Player's Mystical Feedback fires. You make a match. Enemy gains a total of 3 charges.

And so on...

In a Mirror iHulkoye/Wanda match, it would look like:

Start of Game: enemy gets 1 charge.

Turn 1: Players get 6 charges. 

Turn 2: Enemy gets 11 charges.

Turn 3: Players 16 charges.

And so...

I think finding a good partner in pick-2 for Wanda is harder than a pick 3. So far, Apocalypse  (rainbow team, along with Okoye) and Colossus seem like the better partner. I wonder if BRB would be good with her.

Carbage could be interesting because he guarantees two charges for you, and also the enemy team, virtually every turn.

Unfortunately, I don't have 5* DP champed. I think he could one shot Wanda with enough damage done.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Matching her repeater is devastating for her. Colossus blue is expensive, but may be necessary in a lot of matches with her as the opponent. Or just stun her I guess. 
  • Stussi
    Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    What team do you suggest for her PVP event???
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Stussi said:
    What team do you suggest for her PVP event???
    I have been using Apoc and halfThor.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Polaris team created a cascade with special tiles matches and it was hard watching her dealing a few hundred damage to the enemy because a 1/1/1 reduced my power damage by 80%. On the next turn, 9900 damage was reflected back to my team. That's 15 charges. That's the highest number of charges given to the opponent team for me.

On the flip side, this reminded me of Onslaught/Prof $ and their cascades wiping out my full health champed 5*. That's going to be history soon.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well fighting Hulkoye has been a breeze in Wanda's PvP. I already had Kitty/BRB but now Wanda shuts it down even quicker.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had an enemy Polaris cascade 5witches repeater away, then proceeded to cascade my team to death. One move, three deaths, two health packs, lol. Cascades may be mitigated somewhat, but rng always wins in the end. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I had an enemy Polaris cascade 5witches repeater away, then proceeded to cascade my team to death. One move, three deaths, two health packs, lol. Cascades may be mitigated somewhat, but rng always wins in the end. 

Yes. I was against a team that had either Pr5fX, Onslaught or both and... let's say the computer managed to get no less than SEVEN match 5s in a single turn off of a cascade.  Literally in the top left of the board, the new tiles fell to make a match 5 blue in the shape of a right angle. ALL THE NEW TILES. It was only shield sim, but I will never forget that "rng".  

Would a spiderverse team be able to potentially counter Wanda? If the board has enough web tiles then her repeater shouldn't re-appear if destroyed or matched away?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    BTW, I really like how on the character selection screen she sometimes appears in black-n-white and sometimes in color (like how her TV show progressed). That makes the 3rd such character who has different randomly selected appearances (3* Deadpool, Mockingbird) on that screen.
    KGB
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Why doesn‘t Wandas repeater indicate the number of charges put into it? It has a number on it, why not use it (especially if it gets reset everytime)?

Maybe even bumping the tile whenever a charge is put into it (parallel to matching, not occupying extra animation cycles) Of course it will only work well as an information if the board is no longer darkened like now.

Wanda will be used a lot after May. This would make playing her more effective.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    BTW, I really like how on the character selection screen she sometimes appears in black-n-white and sometimes in color (like how her TV show progressed). That makes the 3rd such character who has different randomly selected appearances (3* Deadpool, Mockingbird) on that screen.
    KGB
    4* Venom (Eddie Brock) has head-covered/head-not-covered appearances.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    And karoline dean ,mysterio and spiderwen.
    Also valentine's day deadpool.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    supergarv said:
    Why doesn‘t Wandas repeater indicate the number of charges put into it? It has a number on it, why not use it (especially if it gets reset everytime)?

Maybe even bumping the tile whenever a charge is put into it (parallel to matching, not occupying extra animation cycles) Of course it will only work well as an information if the board is no longer darkened like now.

Wanda will be used a lot after May. This would make playing her more effective.
    I agree with this. Was using Wanda polaris and BRB mostly to climb in the pvp and I couldn't keep track of how many charges her repeaters were getting each turn. (started with 1 or 2 each turn mostly).

Would be a nightmare to code though. They don't even differentiate between trap tiles in cases of say, Jessica Jones vs Mr Sinister and Chavez
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m guessing a future character could up the count on a repeater so it doesn’t go off every turn. 

They could have made it a special tile like Silver Singularity and called it a “feedback” tile or something like that. But since it’s a repeater, it follows repeater rules and thus, gets all the benefits and drawbacks.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    man. i've been waiting for that repeater manipulator since....repeaters went live.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    supergarv said:
    Maybe even bumping the tile whenever a charge is put into it (parallel to matching, not occupying extra animation cycles) 
    i wanna see this, if only for the hilarious bugs that inevitably follow.