What's New MPQ (Updated 2/25/21)

Options

Comments

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A game where you can only hurt eachother with standard match damage until you clear FOUR hard to reach tiles seems painfully slow and boring. Thematically cool though. 
    I'm not sure how well it would work in practice - 4 tiles are probably excessive. Maybe some sort of un-matchable tile like Eye of Agomatto or whatever Bolt's thing is called would suffice?
    Or have four and matching any one of them would break the rune. My guess is Wanda would still be able to use her powers, but everyone else (teammates included) couldn’t.
    This would be interesting. Say you've built up a bunch of AP and want to break the rune to unleash some powers.  You either have to break it and then hope your enemy can't go crazy, or sit on the AP until the AI finally breaks the rune for you.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s not unlike Thano5’s purple mechanically. I think breaking the circle is a good mechanic; maybe they should be traps like Onslaught’s then.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it only worked on passive powers that might disrupt the Okoye meta without nerfing weaker characters as well. In either case, a Wanda that disrupted powers would end up like Gambit. Required for every PvP.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    not if it happened like Doc Ock’s tentacle tile, and was driven by either some novelty match or some board condition I suppose
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You know, I’d like to see a “design a character” forum competition.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kwahder said:
    You know, I’d like to see a “design a character” forum competition.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84488/character-creation-challenge-vlad-dracula#latest
    There’s a lot of interesting stuff like that in the Speculation sub forum.
  • Nibby
    Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's Colossus (Phoenix Five) and I think with his damage reducing passive he counters/dampens IHulk. 
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nibby said:
    It's Colossus (Phoenix Five) and I think with his damage reducing passive he counters/dampens IHulk. 

The description says match damage, so that won't help with iHulk.

• Nibby
    Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    gravel said:
    Nibby said:

Oh, my bad. You're right! 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Nibby said:
    gravel said:
    Nibby said:

Oh, my bad. You're right! 
    That match damage though... I’m pretty sure that beats a +50% Adam Warlock doesnt it?

Edit: Was the blue/ grey clue a reference to shadow of the colossus? I’ve never played it, but google is saying the colossi have sky blue eyes until they are angered or awakened. It would kinda fit with a Phoenix Colossus.

(also does this mean we can assume the next 3 5*s are the rest of the Phoenix Five?)
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yellow passive seems awesome.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021
    Options
    The match damage is nice, his black packs quite some punch for the low AP required. His blue ability is a bit meh at 10 AP, although removing a chosen tile is nice, just a bit expensive.

Not sure how I feel about this character yet. Don't know if this release is the homerun many we're hoping for after how meh the last batch of 5s have been. 

Also don't dig his special store having Archangel in it, though of course Apocalypse in the store is great. Everyone can use more Apoc levels. I badly wish we could convert LL tokens to CPs. 
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The best part about Colossus is that Apocalypse is in his cover store.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another one bites the dud.

He‘s probably awesome for beginners getting him in lower SCLs with 1-2 covers. Maybe thats the target demographic.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So sad that we don't have an official anouncement here and thus an official character threat.
    The numbers for his blue power must be wrong. 3819 damage and removing 2 of the enemy's 20 special tile (thank you, Polaris!) for TEN BLUE AP???
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The blue feels like it is a 3* power.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The blue feels like it is a 3* power.
    It wouldn't feel out of place in the 2* tier.

2* Storm, for 11 Blue AP, does 2436 AOE damage.
    2* Daken, for 5 Blue AP, can do up to 2658 damage. That's 5316 when used twice.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Do y'all generally prefer it when a character has an obvious dump-stat, or do you like it better when there is a 5/5/5 if you could take them that way character? There are just a few characters I keep at 4/5/4 (Heimdall, I have a Medusa build that's some variation on a 5 and two 4s). My general feeling on Colossus is that he took what Fi5k was sort of mostly trying to do with his powers and made it happen on passive, so that character is now completely obsolete (if he wasn't already trash tier)...
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I prefer no obvious dumpstat because that generally means the character's design is fully realized and can be used for more than just one thing; you might even change it up based on the team you're running or your goal, for instance focusing on Ironfist's attack tile or black production or sacrificing a turn of stun for more dps on Polaris.