What's New MPQ (Updated 2/25/21)

Comments

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    Don't want to spoil the latest Wandavision episode, but someone was wearing a blue and grey outfit at the end of it.  I hope it's them.

Technically, according to the official spoiler etiquete, starting sentence with "technically its not a spoiler", "I dont wanna to spoil" and such and then following with whatever info about the movie/drama/book/whatever is counted as a spoiler and spoiling. Just to be clear: the actuall info/news/whatever does not matter -> i.e. it doeas not matter whether it was or not a spoiler. What matters is that a specific sentence was said/written etc.
    So, I am sorry to inform ya: you officially spoiled the show.

Source:

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Don't want to spoil the latest Wandavision episode, but someone was wearing a blue and grey outfit at the end of it.  I hope it's them.
    I didn’t see it as either of those 2 colors
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX Can the devs please add saved covers as a filter on the Roster screen? Whenever I'm in the mood to flip one of my 3* dupes I can almost never remember which one has the most saved covers and usually have to go through my characters one by one which is a pain.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    @IceIX Can the devs please add saved covers as a filter on the Roster screen? Whenever I'm in the mood to flip one of my 3* dupes I can almost never remember which one has the most saved covers and usually have to go through my characters one by one which is a pain.
    Would be a cool feature definitely. I've got the same problem at the moment. To keep track of who's worth flipping I level a 3-star dupe up to level 41 when he has reached 20 saved covers. If that's not enough saved covers worth flipping you could add one more level for let's say every 20 saved covers or so. You can adjust as you like. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    My method of dealing with that was to level them 1 level per saved cover. Costs very little iso
  • hilsen2
    hilsen2 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    "Hey, It's a Living..." is what the animal/appliances say in  "The Flintstones". For example, using a woodpecker as an automatic can opener.  Im calling 4* Bam Bam
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021
    Hey are we likely to see another Adam Warlock Essential? just trying to figure out how close I am to champing VIA shards. He'll be essential in 3/8 Strange Sights, but will we get another before he rotates out?
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    When I have time I have a quick look and I add an extra level or so to the ones that have the most saved covers. I might not always choose the one with the most covers when flipping them, but i know which ones have more than 20 or so.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Hey, it's a living..."
    If only this could be It! The Living Colossus that would be so groovy!
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021
    Really hope this new 5 is bad to the bone. I can't handle another mehfest 5* lol. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    Hey are we likely to see another Adam Warlock Essential? just trying to figure out how close I am to champing VIA shards. He'll be essential in 3/8 Strange Sights, but will we get another before he rotates out?
    Almost guaranteed.

Generally speaking, we should get three more Latest at the end of the month (one of which should be Adam Warlock). The event after, featuring a Classic 5, would start 4/4 or 4/5 (depending on whether the previous event is 3 or 4 days long), and the next 5 should rotate into Latest Legends on 4/5.

Even if we get a Boss event between now and then, that would only delay the cycle by one event, meaning the last Latest character of that trio would STILL have their event start a few hours before the Latest characters cycle. Meaning the only way we WON'T get a second run of Adam Warlock would be if we get a Boss event, and then Adam Warlock comes last in that trio, and THEN they put the New5 in his place, which would make people grumpy, because, as I said, that event would start before the tokens cycle (meaning anyone who plays the first time slice would have a required 5-star character before that character is available in tokens, and that's a bit of a big no-no).

So the only scenario where we DON'T get another run of Adam Warlock basically requires the game pattern to bend over backwards and then cheat a little to inconvenience the players. Not impossible, given the track record, but not likely.

Plus the very slim chance the patterns are abandoned entirely. Completely unpredictable, but it happens for no apparent reason from time to time.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Blue-Grey is a breed of cattle. Bessie the Hellcow is not that breed. Hellcow incoming!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Ptahhotep said:
    Blue-Grey is a breed of cattle. Bessie the Hellcow is not that breed. Hellcow incoming!
    Totally unrelated, but quick trivia for US based players (the brand names may be different elsewhere):

The cows from Elmer's Glue (Elmer) and from Borden's Cheese (Elsie) are "married" 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ptahhotep said:
    I hope this is true and is the 5* ihulk counter that everyone is requesting. I look forward to seeing PvP filled with Hellcows. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Ptahhotep said:
    Totally unrelated, but quick trivia for US based players (the brand names may be different elsewhere):

The cows from Elmer's Glue (Elmer) and from Borden's Cheese (Elsie) are "married" 

I thought you were joshing, but I looked it up, and sure enough it's true. It's no bull. Well, Elmer is, but him and Elsie being married isn't.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This character was in a white outfit lit by a blue light to my eye, but who knows?

Interestingly, spoilers and quotes don't count as "body" for the purposes of a post being long enough to post...
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    The next 5 will be announced next week ?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Hey, It's a Living" is giving me Morbius vibes.
  • Alphabet_AL
    Alphabet_AL Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Monica Rambeau. Blue-grey in latin “livid”. Antonym of livid is brilliant or colorful. Light consisting of all colors... 
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Ahhh, that’s interesting about ‘livid’.  I was guessing Rambeau before for a similar maybe but different reading, but I think with this you’re really onto something.  

But on other hand, maybe me still just holding out for some chance of Wanda, but I noticed some other antonyms were also
    glowing, red and rosy....