***** Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch) *****

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    I wonder, if his stuff mixes with Okoye... 

...and if the damage is worth it....

...would Rescue be a good 3rd?  Maybe?  You know, to keep the health up?

....probably not.  But hey, I'm just playing around with options in my head.  :)

EDIT:  oooo, wait.  Switch out Okoye for Apoc.  Okoye needs to tank, Apoc doesn't.  And Apoc likes protects, just like Rescue.  :)
    At level 454, my Rescue is only doing 1604 burst heal with 5 on yellow, so I don't find that she is all that great as a health top-off character.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From the limited time with him, my thoughts are that in the hands of a player, Warlock could be a beast.  But I don't know if he will be a huge defensive deterrent.  I believe the AI won't know the most optimal way to play him.  Could be wrong but those are my initial thoughts.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    At level 454, my Rescue is only doing 1604 burst heal with 5 on yellow, so I don't find that she is all that great as a health top-off character.
    RIght, I getcha.  I only meant to supplement his own healing.  I mean, he's still going to be doing HIS thing.  So, I don't think Rescue needs to completely heal him... but at the same time, it'd be nice if some of the self-damage he was doing was only from this "burst heal" pool, in order to preserve his damage/health longer.  Not to mention the obvious benefits of protects.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I wonder in practice how he would play with Sinister; they’d both be bleeding off black for you, so you’d probably get the good effect those first few matches and then it would turn onto Original Sinister fuel I guess. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Famous last words right before Simulator where the do rotate characters in the nodes.

for challenge nodes Carnage proves how and mediocre 5* over leveled can be a pain at 650.  
    Challenge nodes on simulator are fixed and run up to havok.
    Simulator featured heimdall, if Im not mistaken apocalypse. 
    So the days to run ihulk are long past by.
    Obviously running Ihulk at level 650 is an event anyone would remember.
    Obviously an Ihulk at level 650 would be as deadly as this AW
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Options
    To me, he plays like 4* Ghost. Huge boosted match damage and a heal mechanism since both characters will invariably be in front. Adam has more ways to heal but Ghost has a better Nuke and her match damage remains even at <50% health. But otherwise very similar characters in that their best use is the massive match damage (I think he will be better at 5/5/3 so you get more/strong trap tiles because if you want passive team damage you are far better off bringing iHulk over him).
    Ghost isn't someone highly used in 4* land (she's mid tier) unless boosted so I imagine Adam will fall into this same category (mid tier)
    KGB
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder in practice how he would play with Sinister; they’d both be bleeding off black for you, so you’d probably get the good effect those first few matches and then it would turn onto Original Sinister fuel I guess. 
    I mentioned this earlier. 

AW/Sinister/GEDoom

thats what I’m looking forward to trying. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    To me, he plays like 4* Ghost. Huge boosted match damage and a heal mechanism since both characters will invariably be in front. Adam has more ways to heal but Ghost has a better Nuke and her match damage remains even at <50% health. But otherwise very similar characters in that their best use is the massive match damage (I think he will be better at 5/5/3 so you get more/strong trap tiles because if you want passive team damage you are far better off bringing iHulk over him).
    Ghost isn't someone highly used in 4* land (she's mid tier) unless boosted so I imagine Adam will fall into this same category (mid tier)
    KGB
    I agree he has some similarities with Ghost, I disagree on him being as useful as her (I think he will be better than her). I think his nuke is way batter than hers. Also his match damage is pretty strong, also better than hers, if only because he is a 5 (his yellow does 1845 at 450 which is A LOT).

Even though I am inclined to go 5/3/5 I wonder if you might be right and 5/5/3 might be the way to go but I am not confident his traps will be too good for damage with them only on yellow...

Still out on if he is med tier or good tier. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mentioned this earlier. 

AW/Sinister/GEDoom

thats what I’m looking forward to trying. 
    Here is a different name to add.  Onslaught.  One match 4 early could cause some crazy cascades with AW match damage.  You could also add 5pool to double damage on the teams strongest color and give a red outlet.

I don’t know if it will be good, but it could be interesting 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares said:
    KGB said:
    KGB
    I agree he has some similarities with Ghost, I disagree on him being as useful as her (I think he will be better than her). I think his nuke is way batter than hers. Also his match damage is pretty strong, also better than hers, if only because he is a 5 (his yellow does 1845 at 450 which is A LOT).

Even though I am inclined to go 5/3/5 I wonder if you might be right and 5/5/3 might be the way to go but I am not confident his traps will be too good for damage with them only on yellow...

Warlock has a nuke?
    I like the ghost comparison. she is a character that would have been top tier earlier in the 4* lifecycle.  But as is, she couldn't quite compete with the 4* meta when she made it into the game. 
    Warlock strikes me as someone that will be pretty useful for transitioners, and will always have some value because he offers boosted 5* match damage all the time.  But I think that he is too fiddly to really compete with the meta (if you don't tend his health carefully, he may well kill himself and won't always offer the high match damage that is arguably his biggest asset. 
  • Polares
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Polares said:
    KGB said:
    KGB

Warlock has a nuke?
    I like the ghost comparison. she is a character that would have been top tier earlier in the 4* lifecycle.  But as is, she couldn't quite compete with the 4* meta when she made it into the game. 
    Warlock strikes me as someone that will be pretty useful for transitioners, and will always have some value because he offers boosted 5* match damage all the time.  But I think that he is too fiddly to really compete with the meta (if you don't tend his health carefully, he may well kill himself and won't always offer the high match damage that is arguably his biggest asset. 
    Call it whatever you want, but 16k AoE damage (by KGB numbers) over 4 turns for 6AP is pretty strong! Other than iH I doubt there is anything in the game close to that...

Adam really looks like a burst and burn char, open with him and some booster, do as much damage as possible in the first turns and then kinda forger about him. I could see him with Apoc or Okoye, and then +2RY +2 BR +2 All colors AP boosts. Match one yellow, one black  doing a lot of match damage then, fire Apoc yellow -> profit (then in parallel get red for Apoc and finish the fight). It requires a lot of boosting, but it might be a safer bet than Okoye+iH (or a replacement if you dont have either of those) as it doesn’t depend on the board as much.
  • wymtime
    Options
    In playing the 2nd node I see the value of AW defensively.  I feel like with Onslaught it would make an interesting defensive team in PVP.  A match 4 would do serious damage with an AW match damage cascade.  His AOE will continue to do more damage if you let the AI black AP.

I know people keep saying Okoye as a partner I just don’t see the fit.  Okoye needs to tank to protect TU AP and AW super match damage will just stop that from happening.  Also if you use Okoye yellow AW will just need a health pack.  If you have a massive Okoye IHulk is just better.  I really feel a cascade machine is much more important than a power buff.  3* Mags, 5* Professor C, Onslaught, Nightcrawler, Medusa, 3*loki.  These types of characters will pair really well with AW.

what this means is in PVP situationally he will be good depending on who is essential
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I played with Adam a bit on my box account. IMO, he's not good. you spend too much time trying to heal him. The damage his black does is almost negligible because he's almost always low on health. He doesn't play well with Okoye or Apoc either. The wait for another top tier 5* continues.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos said:
    I played with Adam a bit on my box account. IMO, he's not good. you spend too much time trying to heal him. The damage his black does is almost negligible because he's almost always low on health. He doesn't play well with Okoye or Apoc either. The wait for another top tier 5* continues.

If you can run a champed AW try this team: AW Killmonger karnak. 
  • Polares
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Thanos said:

This is seriously disappointing, I LOVE Adam, I really wanted him to be good. Also pretty annoyed they seem to care more about new 4s than 5s. Give us a top tier 5!

His yellow should have been a passive, healing when matching yellow or any other very simple condition. After playing with him in those nodes I have to agree that he works best as 5/5/3 and it is almost best to forget about his black. That, or get him to 480 or something like that so he has crazy high hitpoints.

@Thanos can you try him with Apoc boosting yellow/red and black and all colors? Just focus on getting Apoc yellow ready and as soon as it is, also Adam black. Then forget about Adam and try to get red for Apoc. Maybe he is a decent Apoc companion for fast matches....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I died several times on that second day node, I was shocked how susceptible to a bad board he is. Uninspiring so far but maybe when I can pick his team and not use 3* Thanos/G4mora?
  • wymtime
    Options
    Thanos said:

I read this and am sad.  I think I am just getting tired of hoarding and want AW to be good.  It sounds like a 5/5/3 build might be better and just trying to use him for big match damage.  I am guessing using characters to cause cascades will be best to take advantage of that match damage.

In introducing it does feel like you just need to keep focusing on healing him.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I died several times on that second day node, I was shocked how susceptible to a bad board he is. Uninspiring so far but maybe when I can pick his team and not use 3* Thanos/G4mora?
    Once again I don't think the Introducing event has done any favours at showcasing his powers. I am messing about in PvP with him and the Jury is definitely out. He is not 5Mags bad but the fiddling about with his health levels is a bit of a chore.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    Options
    The 1-on-1 mirror matches make it so whoever gets purple off quickest ruin the other’s day. But he is like A cross between Wiccan and Hulk for me - somehow just dies by existing, and not at all suitable as a last-man-standing day saver character.

I could be wrong - I had this exact reaction to Bishop, so maybe he will be a terror when champed I’m just not seeing it.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think AW is the kind of character that you have to champ at high levels to reap the fruit of your labor.