***** Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch) *****

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Could be useful in PvE with initially high damage but his Law of Diminishing Returns makes him less useful in longer battles 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently your only other 5* option for a Black/Yellow/Purple is Goblin. 4* options are Frost, Kingpin, C&D, and N4tashsa. #ThanksRosterFilters
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    After thinking about Warlock I think IHulk will be his best partner.  You run him 5/3/5.  Warlock will tank everything but green and red from IHulk.  Just keep matching yellow and black.  AW match damage will do really good damage to the first opponent and if you have enough black an additional 10K+ AOE. It won’t be as fast as Okoye IHulk but it can work.

On another not I really feel like they need to rework Trap tiles.  I feel if the trap tiles could go over special tiles like fortified tiles they would be much better.  Ever since trap tiles were nerfed and a destroyed column or row would not trigger the trap they have just been awful. I would like to see a trap tile that is destroyed with a power or match 4/5 do 1/2 of what it is suppose to do.  Unfortunately trap tiles are just bad in the game right now even though it is an interesting mechanic 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I like the idea of traps more than the reality of traps, but Warlock's and Bucky's, that do something regardless of who matches them are an improvement over the kind that are inert on friendly matches. I also miss the days of match-4 clearing traps to get the same effect as an enemy match - that change was a pretty widespread silent nerf.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Mysterio's trap tiles do damage when destroyed via match-4. AW's abilities are up and his purple power doesn't mention burst heal.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I think Mysterio's trap tiles do damage when destroyed via match-4. AW's abilities are up and his purple power doesn't mention burst heal.
    Mysterio's traps are specifically worded to behave that way (when matched or destroyed). Years ago all traps worked like that; as a 3* player, I used to love chasing match-4s to hit X23 and Daredevil's traps so that they'd behave like an enemy hit. It was a pretty big nerf to characters like that when it was taken away. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    I've always wondered why traps aren't considered to be an "add-on" like Fortification is.  

You can fortify your S/A/P tiles... wouldn't it be cool if you could "Trap" them too?!

I think it'd add high value to traps.  But maybe there'd need to be a little caveat with it.  For instance, lets say you have traps out, and the enemy places a S/A/P tile on your trap... it should probably still overwrite it.  After all, it's an enemy special going on top of the friendly trap.  However, I think it would benefit the game if you could place friendly traps on TOP of S/A/P tiles... or vice-versa (placing a S/A/P on a friendly trap tile).  That way, now you have a sort-of "bait".  Basically, if the enemy puts it out there, it could overwrite one of your traps, but if YOU do it, it can combine them.  The same could happen in reverse too -- the enemy could put their S/A/P tiles and traps together... and you could always put a S/A/P on top of one of their traps in order to "disarm" it.

This would also bring bigger value to "overwriting" powers, like Hela's red.  Putting a S/A/P on your own trap (or vice-versa) in this scenario is a way to "protect" the trap.  But then overwriting those S/A/P tiles would be a way to get around such protection, and still disarm the trap underneath.

Come on Polaris... match THIS one... you know you wanna...   >:)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't know that. Thanks for the knowledge.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think its a pretty funny to play character and has the potential to be a monster. 
    On his AoE he has a large pool health. Being at level 465 he could have almost 90k health. That would be a good hit. In a britty team saving his health he should be more than dangerous. 
    And his monster match damage. On a team optimizing that he can decimate his enemies. Being his partners killmonger, blackbolt, karnak. Or PX.
  • wymtime
    Bad said:
    I think its a pretty funny to play character and has the potential to be a monster. 
    On his AoE he has a large pool health. Being at level 465 he could have almost 90k health. That would be a good hit. In a britty team saving his health he should be more than dangerous. 
    And his monster match damage. On a team optimizing that he can decimate his enemies. Being his partners killmonger, blackbolt, karnak. Or PX.
    You think it’s funny now.  Wait till he is in a challenge node at level 650 with that match damage.  At least he is better than Magneto
  • Bad
    edited December 2020
    wymtime said:
    You think it’s funny now.  Wait till he is in a challenge node at level 650 with that match damage.  At least he is better than Magneto
    On that argument if a new 5* is bad, super awful. If he is good, super awful too for facing him.
    Super awful in any case.
    Regarding that issue how many times did we face ihulk?
    Hint: never.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Has iHulk never shown up, even in Simulator?
  • wymtime
    Introducing is live and here are some thoughts.

animations:
    miracle of science: Meh looks like sentry animation.

cosmic Skein : it’s so SPARKLY!!!

Body and soul: none 

total 3 out of 10 not great animations.

character.  Best thing I can say is he is like a puzzle. You try and keep his health high to let his match damage so the work.  If you get black quickly his health will drop quickly.  I fell below 50% health multiple times.  If you can keep him healing he can be good.  If you have a fry yellow board you are using a health pack on him

• Bad
    edited December 2020
    Has iHulk never shown up, even in Simulator?
    The only time was vs elsa milestone.(edit,:bloodstone lol) He was underleveled and elsa loaned, so it was a joke.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree animations are pretty meh.

Now his black is amazing initially, two matches and those low levels enemies were done in 3 turns. The problem is healing him back fast enough so it keeps doing enough damage. The good news is that his traps do True healing, so yellow is not the only way of really healing him.

I guess we need to do damage with him until he gets to under 50% and then use his yellow? His purple as a healing power is nice as, when you match the yellow tiles you heal him and also get yellow AP to fire yellow later, but as a damage power, you don’t really want the other team matching yellow...

So... pretty undecided about him. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I didn't enjoy using him against goons. If you collect black then his health tails off quite quickly. Yellow mitigates that, to an extent, but unless you have a black outlet firing yellow just starts the black team damage again but from a low base, unless you fire yellow multiple times. 

Overall his kit seems a bit confusing. He doesn't synergise well and he would seem to gravitate towards staying in the 40-60% health range. That's unsatisfying since you can't generate consistent team damage nor maintain his high match damage for long. I actually found myself avoiding black matches in order to preserve the high match damage. On the plus side he has relatively high health so sitting around half-health isn't as risky as it would be for a lot of the older 5s. 

I really enjoyed the animation for his purple power though. It reminded me of the sparkly victory banner but 'roided up to the eyeballs. Quality stuff!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    I wonder, if his stuff mixes with Okoye... 

...and if the damage is worth it....

...would Rescue be a good 3rd?  Maybe?  You know, to keep the health up?

....probably not.  But hey, I'm just playing around with options in my head.  :)

EDIT:  oooo, wait.  Switch out Okoye for Apoc.  Okoye needs to tank, Apoc doesn't.  And Apoc likes protects, just like Rescue.  :)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    I kinda think this guy was designed to be in the 470+ range to be actually useful. When he has 90k+ life you can keep him in the 40-60% life range and his damage would still be decent. But as a baby champ his damage is going to be too little in that range without a booster...

Maybe he can work with britty as some have mentioned... But why bring him when you can bring Polaris.

The only good partner I see for him right now is Heimdall, as he can make his yellow really cheap, enough so he can keep his black on all the time and keep healing almost every two turns. Or maybe 5hor feeding him yellow
  • wymtime
    Bad said:
    wymtime said:
    On that argument if a new 5* is bad, super awful. If he is good, super awful too for facing him.
    Super awful in any case.
    Regarding that issue how many times did we face ihulk?
    Hint: never.
    Famous last words right before Simulator where the do rotate characters in the nodes.

for challenge nodes Carnage proves how and mediocre 5* over leveled can be a pain at 650.  
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I think it'll be counterproductive pairing him with half Thor. Thor will fuel his yellow but if you put AW's purple out then Thor won't gather the trapped yellow and it'll be more difficult to match since the other yellows that drop will be eliminated near the top of the board. AW's purple will end up being a problem in that scenario.

Someone like GRRR would be better. He has a black outlet so you can manage the levels of black AP and his green repeaters will keep red, green and black off the board which should provide more yellow and purple matches for AW. Maybe with Heimdall as a third, as you suggest, to keep the cost of yellow down.