jp1 Posts: 1,071 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is in no way surprising. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Mrcl25 said:
    So now they decide that only new 4*s will be feeders so no one will gets retroactive rewards? D3 never fails to disappoint us... I hope the player base reacts like last year, so they change this.
    If new 4* came as feeders from the start, that is an improvement on the status quo.
    If Red Guardian and Scorpion rewards were changed without retroactive rewards, that is disappointing.  Mine have not passed 280 (nor even championed) yet, can someone with them past that tell us if they got the missed covers?
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just looked at someone's roster that if anyone had red guardian past 280 they would, and no they do not have them at or above 280
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I am assuming nothing, I am stating a fact. Whether that fact becomes true is for us all to see but there are a number of 3* who were left to single feed from last year. Why? There are not that many compelling answers but I simply suggest one possible answer was they were held in reserve for what I suggest above. MPQ is quite easily capable of such forward thinking. 

Anyway, let us hope we get some info in the not too distant future.
    OK. Ignore the part about the assumption, I should've worded it differently. I think they're not happy with what they did with the 3*s either. I heard there have been some changes to the development team in the past year or so, so what was done before by the previous design team might not be happening again.
    Fair enough. We get what we get. If it is just RG and Scorpion, then they have taken the meanest path possible but hey ho.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    You know what would be nice now: some communication! If only there were a way that we, the forum-goers could understand what was going on here. That truly would be a wonderful thing at this, the most magical time of the year. 
    Well, looks like they appreciate all our Q+A work so they gave us an HP sale!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I doubt anything is coming expect more 4s and 5s at a faster pace. 

Maybe they will prove me wrong. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Vhailorx said:
    coming late to this thread, so apologies if the answer to my question is dicussed already.
    Is the reference to Shardmas 2.0 meant to be hopeful, or insulting?  I mean, everyone remembers that the shardmas 1.0 was an absolute clustertinykitty, right? 
    Maybe we should just ask for the feeder update and hope that everyone completely forgets about 2019.
    Shardpocalypse was when they gave players the finger and the forums melted down, Shardmas was when they righted their wrongs and then everyone rejoiced and drank their favorite seasonal beverage. So I'm hoping that they will give feeders for the 5s that were released in the past year but then going forward have the new 4s feed the new 5s so we don't have to wait every December to get the next round of feeders.
    Those are my thoughts exactly. If the devs are so set against giving tons of rewards to veteran players than do that one last time, and then have new 4s feed new 5s so they don't have to do this every year.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I am assuming nothing, I am stating a fact. Whether that fact becomes true is for us all to see but there are a number of 3* who were left to single feed from last year. Why? There are not that many compelling answers but I simply suggest one possible answer was they were held in reserve for what I suggest above. MPQ is quite easily capable of such forward thinking. 

Anyway, let us hope we get some info in the not too distant future.
    OK. Ignore the part about the assumption, I should've worded it differently. I think they're not happy with what they did with the 3*s either. I heard there have been some changes to the development team in the past year or so, so what was done before by the previous design team might not be happening again.
    Fair enough. We get what we get. If it is just RG and Scorpion, then they have taken the meanest path possible but hey ho.
    Did I miss something? I see a few messages here alluding to RG and Scorpion being feeders - was there an announcement, or am I reading into it wrong? Just trying to clarify. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's already in-game. You need to have them champed to see them. New 4* character feeding 5* is better than no feeder, right? 

Human expectations are difficult to manage. I theorise that if new 4* feeders feeding 5* is a regular thing, the next request would be a 2nd 4* feeding 5* with existing feeder because a single feeder is too slow.  :|
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's already in-game. You need to have them champed to see them. New 4* character feeding 5* is better than no feeder, right? 

Human expectations are difficult to manage. I theorise that if new 4* feeders feeding 5* is a regular thing, the next request would be a 2nd 4* feeding 5* with existing feeder because a single feeder is too slow.  :|
    Sorry for more questions, but who do they feed? Does it make sense? I am guessing that there was no announcement in this case, which is not completely unusual for this game. I've been at it since 6 months after it launched, and this has been the case for the most part. 

I am very disappointed if this means no additional feeders. 

Also, IIRC, the changes to Shardmas last year came after a movement of players to rate down the game, rather than simple forum uproar. I could be wrong, but that's what I seem to recall. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,974 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    san said:

Sorry for more questions, but who do they feed? Does it make sense? I am guessing that there was no announcement in this case, which is not completely unusual for this game. I've been at it since 6 months after it launched, and this has been the case for the most part. 

I am very disappointed if this means no additional feeders. 

Red Guardian -> Yelena
    Scorpion -> Carbage
    Red Guardian makes perfect sense. Scorpion only in the fact he is part of Spidermans Rogue's gallery. Given the Scorpion-Carbage connection we should have also gotten Polaris->5Mags since she's his daughter.
    KGB
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dilution is how this game makes money.  They have doubled down on it. Make people spend money or have them feeling the FOMO effect. 

They will sell us classic in 50 or 75 dollar bundles one cover at a time. 

I'm voting with my wallet and never spending another dime on this game. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every transaction consist of at least two parties. And most people are always putting their own interests first. This is probably why many problems remain unsolved.

Do I love feeders? Yes. But, experiences tell me that something will be traded away. To players, double feeders are reasonable because it gives them a steady and faster route to champing 5*.

If you put yourself in the shoe of the other party, in this case, the dev, it might not look as reasonable as you think. 5* are the end-game, the highest rarity of characters in this game. The dev paid big money to Marvel to get them into this game. In turn, those characters become an asset that helps the dev generate income for their companies. 

By now, the "side effects" in the past histories of changes/additions in MPQ should be pretty clear by now. If they end up giving double feeders to 5*, something that the players hate will happen: they will likely "take away" your precious CP and HP.  If not, 6* will be coming your way. Either way, it's not going to be pretty. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every transaction consist of at least two parties. And most people are always putting their own interests first. This is probably why many problems remain unsolved.

Do I love feeders? Yes. But, experiences tell me that something will be traded away. To players, double feeders are reasonable because it gives them a steady and faster route to champing 5*.

If you put yourself in the shoe of the other party, in this case, the dev, it might not look as reasonable as you think. 5* are the end-game, the highest rarity of characters in this game. The dev paid big money to Marvel to get them into this game. In turn, those characters become an asset that helps the dev generate income for their companies. 

By now, the "side effects" in the past histories of changes/additions in MPQ should be pretty clear by now. If they end up giving double feeders to 5*, something that the players hate will happen: they will likely "take away" your precious CP and HP.  If not, 6* will be coming your way. Either way, it's not going to be pretty. 
    I agree with everything you said here. And you should have said all this in your previous post to substantiate what you said then.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I actually take this as good news.  Probably means in the future, new 4*s that are thematically relevant will roll out day one as feeders.  It’s a system that should have been in place for a long time. 

I don’t have my BRB or iHulk fully covered yet, wish I did,   Getting to double dip on a second Shardmas would be great for me personally.  But I’ll be really happy if this starts becoming a regular thing.  I mean not every single new 4* needs to be a feeder, but when it makes sense and there’s a hole to fill.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually take this as good news.  Probably means in the future, new 4*s that are thematically relevant will roll out day one as feeders.  It’s a system that should have been in place for a long time. 

I don’t have my BRB or iHulk fully covered yet, wish I did,   Getting to double dip on a second Shardmas would be great for me personally.  But I’ll be really happy if this starts becoming a regular thing.  I mean not every single new 4* needs to be a feeder, but when it makes sense and there’s a hole to fill.
    Those were two notables that got skipped with this feeder update. Methinks there’s still some money to be made with them in stores and bundles, so it might be awhile before they give the cow for free. 
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah I think my best chance with those two is hoarding for a lucky new 5* vault.
    which pains me because I am at a point where I can just barely keep up with hopefully champing each new release.  A 5* vault would break me,
    and really my 7 cover BRB and 9 cover iHulk are totally functional since I play for wins and progression.