• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did that work?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Options
    coming late to this thread, so apologies if the answer to my question is dicussed already.
    Is the reference to Shardmas 2.0 meant to be hopeful, or insulting?  I mean, everyone remembers that the shardmas 1.0 was an absolute clustertinykitty, right? 
    Maybe we should just ask for the feeder update and hope that everyone completely forgets about 2019.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yup. Nice and clear.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    coming late to this thread, so apologies if the answer to my question is dicussed already.
    Is the reference to Shardmas 2.0 meant to be hopeful, or insulting?  I mean, everyone remembers that the shardmas 1.0 was an absolute clustertinykitty, right?

Well hopefully they learned their lesson?
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Yes, but after the huge backlash they received that made them do it right eventually, surely they wouldn't make that mistake again and would just give us all the proper rewards to begin with right?  Right??? Right?!?!?! 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Yes, but after the huge backlash they received that made them do it right eventually, surely they wouldn't make that mistake again and would just give us all the proper rewards to begin with right?  Right??? Right?!?!?! 

presumably, their solution will be to stash all the new champ rewards in new 4* releases, so very very few players will have the new feeders above 300 and demi/d3 won't get yelled at by their monetization divisions for giving away so many 5* covers to vets. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Vhailorx said:

presumably, their solution will be to stash all the new champ rewards in new 4* releases, so very very few players will have the new feeders above 300 and demi/d3 won't get yelled at by their monetization divisions for giving away so many 5* covers to vets. 
    And not tell anyone about it because why would they possibly communicate with us on their official forum?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is fine - i've been suggesting this move forever anyway. Keeps things level but still allows for tier progression. It's not that hard to get to 280 or even 300 anymore to finish up a character if you're a 5* player, particularly with Daily Rewards giving out 20 4* shards/day.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Sometimes, the update appears before the announcement. It happened a few times before. Maybe, give them another 10 hour?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So according to screenshots, and checking my own stuff it appears they only gave feeders to Scorpion (Carnage) and Red Guardian (Yelena Belova) .... that some major trolling by D3.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2020
    Options
    That sounds like it could be a mistake. Some code being pushed out a bit too early. After all, there would seem to be little logic to just updating feeders for those two 5*s. 

I'm a bit disappointed that Scorpion is feeding Carnage. I need one red or black cover to finish him so now I'll have to chase Scorpion to get there - what a pain!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In terms of release (oldest to newest):

Carbage - fed by Scorpion
    BRB
    Mister Sinister
    Havok
    IHulk
    Yelena - fed by Red Guardian
    Apocalypse
    Onslaught 
    Killmonger
    Wolverine Daken
    Heimdall
    Deadpool 
    Magneto

If there's a trend, I don't expect Deadpool and Magneto to get feeders this year.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Well there are enough 3* characters who only single feed to have a second comfortably feed all the 4* needed to cover the 5* currently unfed. And there are plenty of combinations available from those available. So that would be a bit of a flimsy excuse.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I am insane, so I went through every 3* and every 4* that didn't have a feeder assigned.  Red Guardian and Scorpion are the only two with new feeders and no changes anywhere else.

I'm guessing the powers that be forgot to remove the feeder element from those characters as they didn't think anyone would actually have them champed yet.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well there are enough 3* characters who only single feed to have a second comfortably feed all the 4* needed to cover the 5* currently unfed. And there are plenty of combinations available from those available. So that would be a bit of a flimsy excuse.
    Again, your assumption is they are happy giving out the retroactive rewards in the first place. What you’re suggesting will give out a lot of rewards because some players have multiple 3*s and 4*s. Personally, I think they were always reluctant to do so, but they were stuck because of precedence. Last year, during the first round of the update, I think they were testing the waters and seeing what would happen if they gave out less than what playerd were expecting.

I always thought when I read that comment (it was said on Discord), it meant that they were trying to avoid updating older 4*s. But, eventually more characters were released and they still didn’t have any obvious 5*s they could feed, so they had to everything at the same time. People were wondering why America Chavez would give out JJ (when Luke Cage would be more sensible) and why Teen Jean Grey doesn’t give out Phoenix. I think they were done that way because they didn’t want to give out too many covers. I think more people had more levels of Luke Cage and Teen Jean as they are older than America Chavez and Jubilee.

add: don’t get me wrong. I’m happy too if they decide to update older 4*s and give out retroactive rewards like last year. But, I won’t be upset if they decide to do something different this year.
    I am assuming nothing, I am staying a fact. Whether that fact becomes true is for us all to see but there are a number of 3* who were left to single feed from last year. Why? There are not that many compelling answers but I simply suggest one possible answer was they were held in reserve for what I suggest above. MPQ is quite easily capable of such forward thinking. 

Anyway, let us hope we get some info in the not too distant future.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mrcl25 said:
    So now they decide that only new 4*s will be feeders so no one will gets retroactive rewards? D3 never fails to disappoint us... I hope the player base reacts like last year, so they change this.

You aren't getting rewards? Huh, neither am I. Guess we were supposed to spend harder.

You know, if they put it on an older 5* that the vets had nearly maxed, you'd maybe get +five Yelena and/or Carnage covers. It would be game-breaking after-all, can't have that.

It's a great way for players just now starting to retroactively start their 5* carnage in 2-3 years. Roster development!