shardmas 2.0?

Options

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If we are not getting new feeders it might be a good idea for the powers that be to tamp down expectations a little.  Nothing good seems to happen when expectations get too far ahead of actual plans.  It may be too late though, since the flames of hope are burning pretty hot already.
    Expectations around here are like dry kindling during a drought...
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think we should prep for coal in the stocking.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    even though I've already commented on this, and absolutely want more ways to get Classic Legends, maybe instead of a shardmas, they just rework classic legends?

if they broke up the classic legends, and had even just 10 5stars in each. you could do them thematically (xmen, avengers, etc) or however you'd want.

drawing a 1 in 7, then a choice of 50 characters is just insane. what if on the classic legends they even just divided by three, and have them rotate every two weeks when a new 5star gets released.

I dunno, any way to help the dilution.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think there are a few thematically appropriate choices (did i forget any other 5*s?):
    Magneto -> Polaris
    Ghost Pool -> XFDP
    Heimdall -> Th4nos maybe?
    Old Man Daken -> X-23?
    Killmonger -> not sure on this one
    Onslaught -> Juggernaut maybe? Prof X is already taken, that's his nearest relation
    BRB -> Worthy Cap?
    Immortal Hulk -> Red Hulk is the only one left
    Havok -> Bishop maybe? Teen Jean? Would have been better if Domino fed Cable so Cyclops could feed his brother
    Yelena -> Red Guardian
    Carbage -> Anti-Venom
    Mr. Sinister -> Sabretooth maybe?

I was thinking about this and if Polaris goes to Magneto, Wolfsbane works with Havok - they were both in X-Factor together and Rahne had a crush on Alex.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I could see that. Also I realized I totally forgot Apocalypse - he seems like he could come out of any 4* Mutant; I could see him coming from Bishop instead of Havok if Rahne ends up feeding Havok.

Also I'm kind of in this thread because it's fun to speculate, but I'm not making roster plans around any potential Return to Shardmas event; I've kind of lost faith in player-facing moves that don't come with an associated trade off this year. There have been some great improvements with saved teams and daily missions, but there's been also your stealth Danver5 nerf and near total radio silence about most things.

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Same here, in general I was trying to get my 4s over at least 280 so any new feeders I'd get at least one cover.

I have 29 non-feeder 4s over 300 so they would in theory get 2 covers, and then another 32 that are between 300 and 280.

The only ones not over 280 are the newer ones. Negasonic is at 276, and the others (Elsa, Red Guardian) are not champed or even champable yet.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Options
    After an awful 2020 it would be a nice Christmas present. I would also want some buffs for some 5s....

But as some have said, the only thing we will get is coal in the stockings :(
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Personally, I think they should add feeders on a regular basis.
    Agree 1 million percent.  Add a feeder the moment a character is moved to classics.

This would decrease stress so much.  And you'd still need the 4* feeder to a certain level before even getting that single cover that means you could actually play the Story essential.  Nobody loses in this transaction.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    helix72 said:

they generally don't like to have top tier 4* feed top tier 5*s.

So I'm guessing Negasonic Teenage Warhead >> Apocalypse.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No more feeders. End of story.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I expect this just like I expect to discover Santa is real.

This year for sure!
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I keep checking this thread hoping someone from d3 puts a glimmer of hope on here
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2020
    Options
    tupacboy said:
    I keep checking this thread hoping someone from d3 puts a glimmer of hope on here
    I think I saw someone write that last year's was announced on Dec 9th, which was the 2nd Monday in December last year, so let's hope that it's either:

1) Dec 9th, which is this Wednesday, or 
    2) Mon Dec 16th, the second Monday in December this year

But really I'm just holding out hope because I can't keep up with the new 5* releases so I've been drawing them all to 7 covers assuming they'll eventually get a feeder which will complete the remaining 6. So D3, please note: all my MPQ hopes, dreams, and plans rest on getting feeders...
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    *Mon Dec 14th, the second Monday in December this year 😉
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ty! I’m so excited for the prospect of shardmas this year that I forgot how to read a calendar!
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Same here, I've done the same as you starting with OMD only taking Latest to 7 covers
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems like feeders might be coming soon.  :o
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options
    [citation needed]
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    [citation needed]
    Ive seen a pic with scorpion showing 5* carnage shards as his next reward level. Would of preferred venom though