Marvel Puzzle Quest R214 Release Notes (10/26/20)

Options
2»

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something flashed by very quickly in-game. I think I saw "Sorry for ?????". I hit the button too quickly because it appeared right after I finished a match. So, I couldn't catch what it is about.
    It was some HP for adjustments they were making to the team select screen
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you both for answering. 
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    • And finally enjoy the return of your favorite Costumes who are dressed for the occasion in various special offers.
    Well I tried, but you're overcharging for them. Again.

What's the goal here? To take the good will earned by game updates and to flush it down the toilet by reminding us that what matters is you making a quick buck?

I have only seen a couple of offers so far and one was ok the other was over priced (for me). I purchased the Bewitching bundle since it was only HP and what I thought was a reasonable price. The Sherlock Jones bundle is too rich for my blood so I am passing on that one (plus I don't really care for that costume).
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,726 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Something flashed by very quickly in-game. I think I saw "Sorry for ?????". I hit the button too quickly because it appeared right after I finished a match. So, I couldn't catch what it is about.
    Same... EXACTLY the same for me!  

Edit:  and this is what I get for not reading ahead... thanks for the answers, peeps!  :)
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry for the inconveniences while we fixed the UI screen. 100 HP
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it was a "sorry for the problems with the new team ups page"

• EddieRiggs1de
    EddieRiggs1de Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • Team-Ups are randomly assigned before battle like the way it functioned previously —empty Team-Up/Boosts slots are filled with a selection of team-ups that are randomized, instead of being the same team-ups every time.

Thank you so much for fixing that! (And thanks for the HPs ;) )
    But what about the problem in that thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83696/cant-see-enemy-skills-on-fight-screen-anymore-since-ui-update ?
    I can tap on the opponents team-up to read what it does. Why don't you add the same possibility for the actual opponent stats?

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has this update changed the way that lightning round seed queues work? Previously the queue seemed to be shared across the three nodes. Now it seems that each node has its own independent queue. 

For example: under the old system I could hit the left most node over and over until all the seed teams were gone. There would still be a seed team left on the top and on the right but if I clear all the seeds on the left then after clearing the one visible seed on the top node there would be player teams underneath, same on the right. 

Now if I clear all the seeds in the left node after clearing the seed team in the top node there can still be another seed team underneath. It's not a big deal. It's messed with my system for lightning rounds a bit - c'est la vie - but I didn't see any mention of a change to the way queues are managed in the release notes. 

Anyone else notice anything similar?
  • AXP_isme
    Options
    I play lightning rounds in a pretty specific way. I check the rewards in the preview after any rewards from the previous lightning round have been received and I open the lightning round as close as possible to when it becomes available, that seems to get me the most seed teams. I don't start playing until 5 or 10 minutes before the time runs out. 

I use loaner, 5* Thanos and 3* R&G as my team. I leave the node with the lowest health team on one node - I look for storm and Hawkeye usually - and on another node I leave a high health team, one with juggs. The idea is to hit the other seeds until R&G is below 4k health and then hit the higher health node. That gives me the best chance of healing R&G if I get a lucky cascade or a board short on yellow.

I leave one node to last and switch to a team of max champed boosted heroes or villains depending on the week. That seems to keep me out of other people's queues in the dying minutes of the round.

It's a bit finicky as an approach but it seems to net me top 100 finishes on a regular basis and earns me a good amount of iso so it works for me. With the change to the way the queues are set up it's thrown the system out of whack a bit. Again, not a big deal but it is a bit frustrating given that I've been using this system for a looooong time now. 
  • AXP_isme
    Options
    Agreed. I've grown pretty lazy about LRs but something has been feeling off since I updated last night. 

My observation isn't so much about how to get seed teams but just how they're distributed within the nodes. Previously I would never have drilled down to a real team on the top node (as an example), beaten a seed on the left hand node and there being another seed underneath on the left. Historically once i hit real teams in any node that had seeds on it then it's real teams queued after the next seed team in all other nodes. Now, i'm not sure that's the case any more. 
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • Team-Ups are randomly assigned before battle like the way it functioned previously —empty Team-Up/Boosts slots are filled with a selection of team-ups that are randomized, instead of being the same team-ups every time.

But what about the problem in that thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83696/cant-see-enemy-skills-on-fight-screen-anymore-since-ui-update ?
    I can tap on the opponents team-up to read what it does. Why don't you add the same possibility for the actual opponent stats?

Dude. This. It's like infuriating that I can't check the enemy team. I don't have everything memorized, and I like to check the enemy abilities when I don't remember what they are and think I may be in for a tough fight. Helps me pick the right counter team. Would very much appreciate them adding a way to check the enemy themselves, rather than having to look up the character and guess how the enemy is specced. 

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Dude. This. It's like infuriating that I can't check the enemy team. I don't have everything memorized, and I like to check the enemy abilities when I don't remember what they are and think I may be in for a tough fight. Helps me pick the right counter team. Would very much appreciate them adding a way to check the enemy themselves, rather than having to look up the character and guess how the enemy is specced. 

As a frequent 1/2 Thor user, I want to know which (if any) of the enemies have an AoE ability or stun ability so I can target them first.