Marvel Puzzle Quest R214 Release Notes (10/26/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R214 Release Notes.

“Standing Strong for Mother”

Fright season is in full swing!

• Trick your opponents and eliminate all the monsters with Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter) in events going on now!
  • And partake in a few treats starting with spooktacular cover swaps available for a limited time, a free Halloween Vault Token on 10/29, and a free Blade (Daywalker) cover on 10/31!
  • And finally enjoy the return of your favorite Costumes who are dressed for the occasion in various special offers.

Additional Details:

• Team-Ups are randomly assigned before battle like the way it functioned previously —empty Team-Up/Boosts slots are filled with a selection of team-ups that are randomized, instead of being the same team-ups every time.
  • Team-ups of characters that are Powered-Up in an event now correctly display with a Powered-Up crystal.
  • Event rules and pop-ups now correctly display Powered-Up characters in alphabetical order within each rarity.
  • Tightened up the selectable area in the Resources screen for Shard Offers when they were offscreen.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,180 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably David Harbour from Black Widow finally coming out? didn't that get pushed back to end of year?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options

“Standing Strong for Mother”

My first thought was a playable Sentinel -- as created by the Master Mold / Mother Mold
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Could Mother be Mother Russia and we are getting Omega Red?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orphan-maker?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s Halloween people, the answer is obvious: 5* Norman Bates incoming!
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 716 Critical Contributor
    Options
    helix72 said:

Who?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    helix72 said:

Who?
    See #2 in the list of villains: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s_100_Years...100_Heroes_%26_Villains#Villains
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    helix72 said:

Who?
    Apparently he is a bit of a Psycho.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Red Guardian? Black Widow was original delay until Novemer, we got 5* Yelena back in May when the original release date was so maybe Red Guardian was pushed and they don't want to push him again now that they've delayed the movie again. 
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5* Daimon Hellstrom?
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Machine Man? His ‘girlfriend’ is Jocasta and as we all know Jocasta was the loving mother of Oedipus.

John Steed and Tara King? They were Avengers and worked for Mother.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    black widow was supposed to come out on November 6th.  With the movie getting pushed back again I see this being the 2nd tie in character to the black widow movie.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,180 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red Guardian was said to be a 4* at the time, which is why we got back to back 5*s that cycle, so if it is Red Guardian, that should mean it'll be back to back 4s?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Mother Russia guess seems a good one, if it isn't Red Guardian perhaps we are getting a 5* Colossus?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going out on a limb here and saying Man-Thing.

*rimshot*
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options

5* Waterboy (Bobby Boucher)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Something flashed by very quickly in-game. I think I saw "Sorry for ?????". I hit the button too quickly because it appeared right after I finished a match. So, I couldn't catch what it is about.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red Guardian was said to be a 4* at the time, which is why we got back to back 5*s that cycle, so if it is Red Guardian, that should mean it'll be back to back 4s?
    It could be a 4* which would not be terrible as it slows down the 5* releases.  Although they could upgrade Red Guardian to a 5*?  I don’t think it would be too hard to adjust the numbers for a 4* to a 5*.