Can't see enemy skills on Fight screen anymore since UI update

SaltnPeppa
SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
As per title.   Can't see the skills anymore of the opponents and their damage.  If I want to see the damage of a Brute for example, there's no way of finding out what it is.

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    .... You could see it before a match?

EDIT: I guess that shows how many people actually used it. My guess is they can see how long people spend on each screen and it must have been low. I've played for >5 years and never knew you could do that.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could see it during the teamup selection screen previously, but it's something I rarely use. 

I think this is a minor problem for most non-2* players. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    As a 4* player, I actually did depend on that screen to look at enemies screen description to plan the set-up of my team and the build of my characters thus now actually I am not used to not able to see enemies team character damage/description, etc.
  • Fanofsteel
    Fanofsteel Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I'm very disappointed that they would take this away. I play PvP almost exclusively, and I try to design my team to have effective counters to the enemy team's powers. But now I can't access the enemy team info without starting the game. 

Is this really not a common tactic among players?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very disappointed that they would take this away. I play PvP almost exclusively, and I try to design my team to have effective counters to the enemy team's powers. But now I can't access the enemy team info without starting the game. 

Like my Houston Rockets would say. “We don’t worry about our opponents. We have our game plan and just worry about what we’re doing”.

We also got bounced in the second round because we refused to make adjustments. So... not saying it’s the best tactic. But it’s what I do. 
  • KillaBeeSwarm
    KillaBeeSwarm Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Add me to the list of people that found the preview of the enemy team useful.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

I think we're forgetting what is like to not know every character.

I know what to expect in PvP as I've played forever. But new users might not be familiar with everyone's powers
  • HoundofShadow
    Alternatively, you can click the players' names and then look at their rosters for the time being.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it's annoying when you're playing with characters that do something with strongest colors (eg Carol).  
  • Fanofsteel
    Fanofsteel Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

I realize I mistyped; I meant to say that I play PvE almost exclusively. I don't always field my most powerful three; I like to rotate characters to conserve health packs, but also because I think it's more fun to use a variety of characters. It's effective strategy to be able to choose my team based on the enemy team's powers. For example, if I'm up against an enemy who can steal Strike/Protect/Attack tiles, I'm at an advantage if I field a team that doesn't use those kind of tiles. 

And yeah, I have the 2* and 3* character powers memorized, but when I'm up against 4* or 5*, it's nice to be able to see what their powers are without having to google them.
  • EddieRiggs1de
    EddieRiggs1de Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    On PvP I understand that this problem is most annoying. But actually I (mainly playing PvE) used to look at the stats of the opponents from time to time and I am missing that possibility very much, too!
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 189 Tile Toppler
    I also miss being able to see the match damage on boosted characters so I can tell who will be tanking in the match.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    On pvp that was never posible. It would destroy the very little defense building the game has knowing in advance the setting of the skills. It was posible on pve, that I can recall it was true.
    As it was mentioned not too much useful as a feature. Just kill the goons.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    Huh, I was sure I remembered checking the enemy powers and match damage. Very clear memory of it, which is quite strange.
  • HoundofShadow
    You could do it via the old teamup selection page. You click on your opponents, who are on the bottom of the page, to check their stats.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    Yea, that's what I remembered as well, on the second select screen, where you would choose your own team-ups and buffs. It also let you see what everyone's match damage was so you could tell which character would be tanking on which color, quite useful when playing with a mix of buffed lower level characters and higher level characters.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really would like the return of an actual pre-battle screen as well that gives a summary of the teams in one glance. For some opponents it might even be essential (like picking a team against an enemy C4rol, then I would like to see their+my strongest colors).
  • NemoAbernnigan
    Definitely agree. I don't even use the save team function honestly, so the new interface is just a straight downgrade for me personally. Still, a major update like this is bound to have it's issues to resolve, and most people seem happy with the addition of the save team function, so overall it's a net gain for the community. We'll just have to be patient and continue noting our fervent desire for the return of a pre-battle screen for now I suppose.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alternatively, you can click the players' names and then look at their rosters for the time being.

Not so much in PvE. Admittedly, it's less of an issue since HammerCap and Bishop got nerfed, but I used to regularly check out their thresholds in the preview to make sure I had ways of working around them. There are still some enemies (e.g. Thing, in that one Welcome to SHIELD node, or C4rol), where it could be handy.