Elsa SHIELD : First one might not finish

124»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    I used Polaris but it didn't work out. Did you attach any support? Or did you trigger Thing's protect tiles?

Edit: Cleared Day 2 node with America Chavez. Elsa's critical is 4.0x and GED 4.2x. Used her blue power about three times in this match, dealing about 30-40k damage each. I also fired her purple power twice. 
  • brontag1
    brontag1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2020
    Easy fix, rename the fight to 'Day X: A Test of Whales'.. now expectations are met ;)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's really hard to trigger Things protect tiles (only Elsa's Blue can reach the 17K threshold) so I suspect that it was done by boosting Blue to get Polaris stun/strikes out ASAP and/or team ups like Elektra's Double Cross etc.
    I may give this a try later after my GED heals up and before I go with 3* Deadpool/Quantum Realm/+4 Purple and whale it.
    KGB
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    I surprised myself with GED and Onslaught for today's node. Onslaught was just meant to be a meat shield as I collected TU for deadpool whales, but along the way had a bunch of match 4/5s. GED kept heeling himself, his yellow shuffled the board for more 4/5 matches. Edited to reflect both my 5s are champed.

Ended up winning, which was very surprising.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    You are supposed to lose.  i guess you were absent the day we learned the joy of losing
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Just tried with my L280 Polaris (no support) and 255 Doom (4/1/2). I got lucky and matched her strike tile on turn 2 and had the board full of strike tiles (80%+) very quickly and she was doing close to 5K a turn in passive damage. The problem is it still takes 20ish turns to eat away 100K in health for just 1 enemy.
    When I died I had killed Star Lord and Mordo was down to 20K health but Thing was at 100%. Mordo killed my whole team (Blue for Elsa, Black for Doom and finally Purple for Polaris). I wasn't lucky at all with Blue (only cast once to stun Starlord) or Red (fired 1 time) or Purple (fired 1 time)  but did manage to fire Dooms Black/Yellow a few times (5K damage/2K heal).
    You'll definitely need a good Blue board for the SL stun so you can fire other powers and you'll need to ensure Mordo doesn't get it for his own power. I think you have to kill Mordo 1st (I focused on SL to prevent his passive) because he gets enough Black very easily.
    KGB
    P.S. I did this right after using Deadpool/Quantum Realm/Boost 4 purple and easily gathering 6 purple for Whales for the win :)
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    brontag1 said:
    Easy fix, rename the fight to 'Day X: A Test of Whales'.. now expectations are met ;)
    Other possible titles :
      1. Thar She Blows
      2. Moby Dck Returns 
      3. Monstro’s Revenge 
      4 . Attack on Jonah
      5 . Start Blubbering 

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    brontag1 said:
    Other possible titles :
      1. Thar She Blows
      2. Moby Dck Returns 
      3. Monstro’s Revenge 
      4 . Attack on Jonah
      5 . Start Blubbering 

6. Call me Ish-whale?

Don't worry, I'll show myself out.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    brontag1 said:
    Other possible titles :
      1. Thar She Blows
      2. Moby Dck Returns 
      3. Monstro’s Revenge 
      4 . Attack on Jonah
      5 . Start Blubbering 

6. Call me Ish-whale?

Don't worry, I'll show myself out.
    As long as my team can be Tashtego, Daggoo, and Queequeg, I'll be OK with this.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alls Whale that ends Whale
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Alls Whale that ends Whale
    The Boys Season 2 Everything We Learned About The Amazon Series At  Comic-Con - GameSpot
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    That Day 3 final node is rough, as always.  I failed twice before I actually won.  I used two different 5* champs -- both lost!  ugh.   The final node is in like the last 10 minutes of the vid... it took a while to play it AND win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDWRa4HVJA