Elsa SHIELD : First one might not finish

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
I think part of my problem is a very undercovered GED.  He is 2/2/2.  Has anyone with a GED that low found a decent third?  I am getting pummeled in this second round and dread the third round coming up.  Oh, and my iHulk is only 3/1/2 so he may not be that good a third.  Looking for anything that has worked for others with a low covered GED.

Thanks in advance.  Cheers!

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    I think part of my problem is a very undercovered GED.  He is 2/2/2.  Has anyone with a GED that low found a decent third?  I am getting pummeled in this second round and dread the third round coming up.  Oh, and my iHulk is only 3/1/2 so he may not be that good a third.  Looking for anything that has worked for others with a low covered GED.

Thanks in advance.  Cheers!
    Wish I could help -- I'm only using the loaner!  Mine is worse than the loaner too.  Although, if it helps, I'm using half-Thor as my 3rd so far.  This allows my team to get more black AP since there's less red/yellow/green on the board.

I have yet to do day 2, though... so my advice might not work here.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    With a 1 cover GED I had no chance in any third character . Save the whales .
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Got it on first try with my GED 4/2/5 but not leveled (so level 255), my 3rd was a Valkyrie 3/5/5 lvl 297, to siphon of some AP. GED took some hits and did not survive the match, Valkyrie was near death, but Elsa had about half health at the end.

Unfortunately the Elsa loaner is 3/5/5/ instead of a more useful 5/5/3.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Day 1 node is a really tough one. When in doubt, use the following:

1) Valkyrie
    2) Anyone who can go invisible

I won with Valkyrie. What I did was to follow her CD and deny blue and green whenever possible, then use Elsa's red power to nibble her opponents.

I have tried the following without success:

C&D, Invisible Woman, Riri, Northstar, Talos, Wasp.
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    1/1/0, cleared easily with Apoc
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    I used Legion and focused hard on purple (and yellow) and put out Black quickly also. He was the only one left standing, but it worked. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a 4/1/2 L255 Doom and I won 1st time with Valkyrie using same strategy as Hound did.
    Doom died really fast (right as I downed the bot) so I thought it was gonna be a loss. But I managed to deny Blue/Green while chasing the bounty. Using her Blue is key because it's at 5 covers and you get +7K damage per yellow destroyed so make sure you use it where it will destroy a ton of yellow so you can do 20-30K damage.
    When I won I only had Elsa left at just under 10K health.
    KGB
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    4* professor using the hide and whittle away method.  If you can get some attack or damage tiles out for him to buff he can ramp up to the point where it does not take forever.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Ugh this could be rough: a 1-1-1 level 300 GED here.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    My GE Doom is 2/1/1.  I managed to beat the doom nodes with a champed apocolypse.  Elsa feeds him so much yellow to get his yellow out 2 or 3 times.  Then just get enough red or black to fire his other powers and it's just about over.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boy some of you work hard.

I did what any sane player would do in these situations. I brought a Whales TU and +2 TU AP.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    With my 2/5/2 GED, i tried my champed Onslaught first, but failed, so I used my champed Apoc next and that worked.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Ultimately though I learned form Negasonic Teenage Warhead that in the end it doesn't matter if I finish or not. I missed out on an LT and some shards. But guess what NTW is still champable now. (after the end of the last event she was featured in)
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Boy some of you work hard.

I did what any sane player would do in these situations. I brought a Whales TU and +2 TU AP.
    Well you gotta see if you can do it without cerulean assistance. But I will have that in the back pocket for sure.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Legion + 20 minutes.  Legion is extremely slow, but likely to be the best option for solo'ing these super challenging nodes from now on.  he uses all 6 colors, and can quickly suppress the enemy's most dangerous abilities if you focus on putting out a tyrannix tile while your meatshields are still around. 
    Ultimately, he has the ability to go invisible, true heal, fortify his own special tiles, and simultaneously deny all 6 colors.  So he is basically perfect for any node that doesn't require him to fight passive aoe (i.e. don't use him against IH or 4* juggs).  Still not sure of the optimum build for him yet, but I am leaning towards 5/5/3 for max active damage output, but 5/3/5 may be superior for the extra fortified tiles. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Loosie said:
    Ultimately though I learned form Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    What I learned is that dev are lazy here with same node every SHIELD training and that those thougher nodes are poorly designed. I mean they are designed not to be tough but frustrating as YOU KNOW you can beat them but...

I say it other words: Crash of the titans. I have managed to beat with one cover characters and even the ones when I have champed 4* arent piece of cakes every time. THIS i how you make challenging node. While day 2-4 4* & 5* nodes are same every time with same problems every time: none of the teams we have to use are designed to face that danger. With Negasonic I had 4/2/4 lv 375 5* Storm and EVEN with that BOTH Storm and Negasonic were hindrance for me in that node. BOTH! Storm was nothing more that a meat ball to be eaten. I just whaled it. What is the point in nodes when solution is always same:
    1. High leveled Okoye/Apocalypse
    2. Invisibility. Tons of.
    3. Valkyrie.
    4. Whales.
    EVERY.
    SINGLE.
    TIME.

Devs just made Mockinbird/Riri/Decoy node and throw every Training the new 4* and required 5* to face them. Wow. I just do what I did last time.

Let say... what would be better/challenging opponents here for today 5* node? Maybe if I could think a bit more I could came up with 2-3 CHALLENGING and NOT MUCH FRUSTRATING opponen's teams.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Valkyrie can do it but not yet for me. But I can see that with better luck, it works.

I echo the "this event is lazy" - if 4 out of 5 the answer is "Valkyrie", that really is not very fun.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think Valkyrie can do it but not yet for me. But I can see that with better luck, it works.

I echo the "this event is lazy" - if 4 out of 5 the answer is "Valkyrie", that really is not very fun.

She did for me. Luckily. But still. Same answer for same problem. Every 4 weeks.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did it with Loaner Elsa, my champed Doom (457), and champed Immortal Hulk (450).  Collect yellow, blue and black.  Punch tiles with Elsa, nuke with Doom black, then if I see that there is enough AP for the AI to launch a power, I make sure Hulk is right there up front, ready to eat that knuckle sandwich.

When he springs back to life, drop the yellow team heal from Doom.

Did it on my first try, no AP/damage boosts either.  
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    "A Test of Skill" my tinykitty! More like a test of how many health packs you have, or a test of how many champed 5-stars you have. God, this is frustrating.