Next 5* is the 50th!

Options
Dirtytactics22
Dirtytactics22 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
I was just checking my roster out and I noticed that 5* deadpool was the 49th 5* meaning whoever's next is 50th. Who is everyone hoping for as surely the next one has to be someone good 

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,179 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I’m still hoping for Omega Red here at some point. also Mojo and Longshot.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's plenty of room for more Spider-Men, Wolverine's, and Hulks. Oh, and Dazzler. We could use more Dazzler, too. 
  • Dirtytactics22
    Options
    I actually went diving into the archives to find out where the Crash started in relation to the 50th available 4*.  Well, in February 2017, the Crash node began to stay for the full five days (and The Big Enchilada was reduced to two waves and Behemoth Burrito was added).  This means that DDQ has not been significantly updated in about 3½ years.
    Wow, thanks for the info! Hopefully they have something planned now we will have 50 5*
  • Dirtytactics22
    Options
    I’m still hoping for Omega Red here at some point. also Mojo and Longshot.
    Yeah omega red would be great. I would be happy with either red skull or the mandarin also
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I counted the first 50 characters by order of appearance for Marvel (starting from Jim Hammond and including the FF as separate individuals) and landed on a certain John Jameson III! Also known as Man Wolf/StarGod he would have been quite a timely Halloween 5*!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At this point I’m okay with retreads of very popular 2-4* characters in the 5* tier. Mojo and Longshott are the type of characters I could see being 4*s. 

I absolutely want:
    5* Magneto
    5* Scarlet Witch
    5* Iron Man (second edition)
    5* Kamala Khan
    5* Venom
    5* Cyclops
    5* Punisher
    5* Miles Morales
    5* Ant-Man (though I wouldn’t count this because I want Pym). 

And also wouldn’t be mad at Sentry (more power over popularity here), Vision, Psylocke, Colossus, Thing, Torch, Juggs, Fury, Heroes for Hire, or Moon Knight eventually. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I assume 5* Scarlet Witch is basically a certainty. We might get 4* Vision attached to the same vehicle.
    Cyclops and Magneto do stand out as missing from the 5* tier.
    Hank Pym has had more identities that just Ant Man, would be interesting to get one of those.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,179 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magneto does seem a glaring omission to the tier. a 5* Emma Frost that's actually playable would be cool as well. Maybe a playable Sentinel?
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,021 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5 star Juggernaut.  We need a powerful Juggernaut that is actually Juggernaut and not evil Hammer god possessing juggernauts body.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How the Red Skull is not part of this game is a complete mystery to me . It’s like leaving Babe Ruth out of the Hall of Fame.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,022 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still waiting for a 5* Kang the Conqueror who manipulates repeaters. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's entirely possible you'll never see Red Skull exactly because of the image above, even though Skull has lost his Nazi ties as time has distanced us from his origins. Nazi is just a dirty word now and pc-aware publishers are hesitant to have any such ties to their products.

I assume the reason we haven't seen Hank Pym is because of the notoriety he has from depictions of spousal abuse. Or maybe I'm way off-base and Dr. Pym simply hasn't proven popular in modern culture and a supporting mentor role in the Ant-Man movies isn't enough to generate interest. I find the latter tough to swallow though, when we have little-known characters like Gwenpool but not a founding member of the Avengers. It seems too obvious of an omission for there not to be a larger reason for his absence.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Adam Warlock
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    It's entirely possible you'll never see Red Skull exactly because of the image above, even no though Skull has lost his Nazi ties as time has distanced us from his origins. Nazi is just a dirty word now and pc-aware publishers are hesitant to have any such ties to their products.

I assume the reason we haven't seen Hank Pym is because of the notoriety he has from depictions of spousal abuse. Or maybe I'm way off-base and Dr. Pym simply hasn't proven popular in modern culture and a supporting mentor role in the Ant-Man movies isn't enough to generate interest. I find the latter tough to swallow though, when we have little-known characters like Gwenpool but not a founding member of the Avengers. It seems too obvious of an omission for there not to be a larger reason for his absence.
    The entire Captain America first movie was all about Nazis . He’s the ultimate villain . Some of the most successful video games in history were about killing Nazis .  The History Channel has Nazi Week once a month .I realize today’s fad is zombies . But virtually if you had a choice to who you want to kill , other than Icelanders , Nazis is the most hated group in history.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,021 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    It's entirely possible you'll never see Red Skull exactly because of the image above, even though Skull has lost his Nazi ties as time has distanced us from his origins. Nazi is just a dirty word now and pc-aware publishers are hesitant to have any such ties to their products.

Other marvel games still use him though.  He is a playable character in marvel contest of champions and he was a villain in marvel ultimate alliance 3.  Seems weird that they would keep him out of just this one game, unless D3 is just adamant with marvel that they really don't want to use him.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And also wouldn’t be mad at Sentry (more power over popularity here)
    I'm kind of surprised this hadn't happened already, years ago, even in just the 4* tier -- the good/evil nature of his powers and psyche would absolutely warrant the creation of a "good" Sentry in-game with his inspiration powers and healing-aura.

Or just make a higher tier more-complex Sentry that can waver between good and evil based on certain AP threshholds, similar to Legion's transformations (except in this case have a full set of "good" powers and full set of "evil" powers, not changing piecemeal like Legion's do.)
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,726 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And also wouldn’t be mad at Sentry (more power over popularity here)
    I'm kind of surprised this hadn't happened already, years ago, even in just the 4* tier -- the good/evil nature of his powers and psyche would absolutely warrant the creation of a "good" Sentry in-game with his inspiration powers and healing-aura.

Or just make a higher tier more-complex Sentry that can waver between good and evil based on certain AP threshholds, similar to Legion's transformations (except in this case have a full set of "good" powers and full set of "evil" powers, not changing piecemeal like Legion's do.)
    oooo, that's good.  Like, he's red/yellow/blue if his total red/yellow/blue is higher (and that'd be "good"), otherwise, he's green/purple/black (bad).  Or something to this effect.

That'd be cool.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    It's entirely possible you'll never see Red Skull exactly because of the image above, even no though Skull has lost his Nazi ties as time has distanced us from his origins. Nazi is just a dirty word now and pc-aware publishers are hesitant to have any such ties to their products.

The entire Captain America first movie was all about Nazis . He’s the ultimate villain . Some of the most successful video games in history were about killing Nazis .  The History Channel has Nazi Week once a month .I realize today’s fad is zombies . But virtually if you had a choice to who you want to kill , other than Icelanders , Nazis is the most hated group in history.

There are several games where the Zombies are Nazi's!