Marvel Puzzle Quest R213 Release Notes (10/12/20)

Options

Comments

• EddieRiggs1de
    EddieRiggs1de Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • Team-Ups and Boosts are now equipped on the same screen as team selection
    Mainly I like the new UI very much. Helps to jump to characters with just three stars or search for a needed colour. The team-save-feature is great too! 

But since I changed the Boosts in Deadpools Daily Challenge, these boosts are saved and I have to change to my usually Team-Ups each time I start the game. That needs to be fixed... Or is that only me having that behavior? 
  • RTA3000
    RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • Team-Ups and Boosts are now equipped on the same screen as team selection
    Mainly I like the new UI very much. Helps to jump to characters with just three stars or search for a needed colour. The team-save-feature is great too! 

But since I changed the Boosts in Deadpools Daily Challenge, these boosts are saved and I have to change to my usually Team-Ups each time I start the game. That needs to be fixed... Or is that only me having that behavior? 
    Mine is the same, every time I play it defaults to using coloured boosts, so I have to be really carefully as it's wasted a lot of boosts automatically already. Is this a problem that is likely to be fixed soon?
  • RTA3000
    RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I have accidentally used a health pack when trying to change characters. I wonder if the position could be changed to just above the info box? I presume I’m not the only person who prefers to tap on the body when choosing a character, instead of the legs or the head?
    I agree, same has happened to me a couple of times. Gotta say though, I really like the new UI :smiley:
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    6 saved teams are not enough:

- main pve team
    - secondary pve team
    - dpd 2* team
    - dpd team with deadpool
    - main pvp team (using the trick to remove the middle spot by rostering a 1/2* char, saving team and then removing the char)

Thats 5 spots, and then a cool pvp like this one comes around where I can easily see 4-5 synergetic teams I want to remember.

One idea: make saved teams dependant on DPD, PVE and PVP. Usually the saved teams differ a lot. That way the 6 spots could be more focussed.

It‘s an artificial restriciton. Please remove it or state your goals how you want to monetarize it.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had the issue where it would revert my team up slots to boosts upon restarting the game. I couldn't find a button to remove equipped boosts, but double clicking equipped boosts will empty the slot. I now get a random selection from my team ups when reloading the game, which will save me from accidentally wasting boosts at least.
    I also noticed that you can go into a match with a team up and the same character in your team if you equip the team up before selecting the character.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My thumb has been trained for five years to start the fight in the lower middle.  Moving the button to the lower right has caused me to accidentally choose players I don't want.  ARRRGGHHH.....

:-)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just throwing this out there....

Maybe if they used the whole phone screen they could increase the font or make things a bit less crowded.

(FWIW, I know that the aspect ratio is different on different devices or even across the same family of devices depending on the generation. - But why couldn't it have preset resolutions, like any PC/Mac game ever?  That way I could select my device from the list and it would auto arrange that way.)
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    supergarv said:
    6 saved teams are not enough:

- main pve team
    - secondary pve team
    - dpd 2* team
    - dpd team with deadpool
    - main pvp team (using the trick to remove the middle spot by rostering a 1/2* char, saving team and then removing the char)

Thats 5 spots, and then a cool pvp like this one comes around where I can easily see 4-5 synergetic teams I want to remember.

One idea: make saved teams dependant on DPD, PVE and PVP. Usually the saved teams differ a lot. That way the 6 spots could be more focussed.
    It‘s an artificial restriciton. Please remove it or state your goals how you want to monetarize it.

Are you sure it is an artificial restriction? Maybe there is some logical reason that it is limited to 6 slots. It is probably just the number they chose since 6 should be enough for most situations but that doesn't mean that there could be a logical non-artificial reason for the limit to 6.
    It did take me a while to figure out how to apply health packs (just not observent enough obviously) and I have had a few occasions where I selected a character while trying to use the Fight button (character was selected and then proceeded to fight in the same action).
  • Joe4521
    Joe4521 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I had the issue where it would revert my team up slots to boosts upon restarting the game. I couldn't find a button to remove equipped boosts, but double clicking equipped boosts will empty the slot. I now get a random selection from my team ups when reloading the game, which will save me from accidentally wasting boosts at least.
    I also noticed that you can go into a match with a team up and the same character in your team if you equip the team up before selecting the character.
    Thanks for finding the fix. The double clicking to empty them stopped the boosts from loading up every time the game started.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Dig for victory"

--- Mole Man ??
  • Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    The issue with Steam users (or this one, at least) has been fixed!

Thank you!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dhaunas said:
    The issue with Steam users (or this one, at least) has been fixed!

Thank you!
    Now please fix the "I'm going to use up 2 of two different boost types" bug that's cost me a whole lot of blue/purple and all AP boosts.
  • Yakiyasai
    Yakiyasai Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I like the new UI too, but now I cannot check the enemies' skill details before starting the battle.  Previously, I could check enemy skills by tapping enemy images in team-up/boost selection screen, but now the screen was gone.

In addition to the enemy team-up icon, I want to tap enemy images in the prior mission info screen to see their details.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just experienced the auto select boost bug, and it's +1 to all ap boost. I was like, "what???". And this stuff is expensive. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "Dig for victory"

--- Mole Man ??
    The Shoveller. He shovels well. He shovels very well.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    "Dig for victory"

--- Mole Man ??

Does he shovel a well? Does he shovel well the well?
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    "Dig for victory"

--- Mole Man ??
    It would be awesome to team him up with the Blue Rajah and a 5* Mr Furious 
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    "Dig for victory"

--- Mole Man ??
    It would be awesome to team him up with the Blue Rajah and a 5* Mr Furious 
    And don't forget 2* The Spleen...