Marvel Puzzle Quest R213 Release Notes (10/12/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited October 2020 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R213 Release Notes

“Dig for victory”

• Keep those Taco Truck orders going with Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) in his featured events now!
  • A brand new Team Select filter allows your strongest collection of teams to be assembled and saved!
  • The match-3 war continues with the start of the Time Stone Season on 10/15.

Additional Details:

• Team Selection Screen Update
    • Team Selection Screen has been updated with an all new visual style
      • The screen is now scrolled vertically.
      • Sorting and filtering options are now available.
      • Selecting the "Train" or "Info" button now always leads to that character's info screen.
    • Team-Ups and Boosts are now equipped on the same screen as team selection
      • The enemy team-up now displays on the prior mission info screen
    • Supports are visible from the team select screen alongside existing info like health, rarity and level
  • New Saved Teams functionality
    • Teams can now be saved with the "Save" button in team selection
      • Up to 6 teams can be saved at a time.
      • Loaned characters cannot be saved as part of a team.
    • Teams can be loaded, renamed, or deleted with the "Saved Teams" button
  • While offline, attempting to enter an event with offsets now correctly displays an error message
  • Added a sound when selecting buttons on the support info screen
  • Supports now correctly display "Swap Support" or "Equip Support" depending on the action being taken
Update: 10/12/20 4:00PM PDT: A known issue exists with R213 for Steam where the point per battle are cut off. This is a visual bug only and players will still receive points as normal. The team is working on a fix.

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Yes!!! Excellent addition!

These QOL updates are much appreciated.
  • Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Steam version needs a fix ASAP: in the pvp opponent selection screen, over half of the top of the point value for an opponent is cut off, making it impossible to tell if the fight is worth it or not  :s
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not out yet for me, but I just shed a tear to live through 6 years of MPQ and seeing this happen after requesting it for 5 of them. I am still in a state of shock. So excited to see it!!!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not in Google Store yet. Is support going to be activated in PvP soon?
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    the new Team Select is lit. Great job !

edit: forgot to mention, great update !
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "While offline, attempting to enter an event with offsets now correctly displays an error message"

Anyone know what this means?  What's an offset?
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Loving the new team select screen.  I've been asking for a way to see what colors each hero has without having to click into their info screens for years!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very very cool.  Gotta untrain years of muscle memory (i.e. knowing how many clicks it took to get to each character I needed), but this is definitely awesome.

Two thumbs way up, devs.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dhaunas said:
    Steam version needs a fix ASAP: in the pvp opponent selection screen, over half of the top of the point value for an opponent is cut off, making it impossible to tell if the fight is worth it or not  :s
    How does this not even get noticed before release...   sigh.
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Dhaunas said:
    I find it strange that some screen layouts are vertical and some horizontal. At pve too the upmost part is cut.
    My feeling is that nobody cares the least for the steam version and I will not be surprised when they decide that they don't support steam anymore.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice job guys!

My only constructive criticism is allowing you to save a loaner in the saved team.  That way it autoloads the loaner no matter what loaner is required.

But that's super-minor and really easy to work around.  Great update!
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got the update. Pretty cool, I can see how that took much effort.

Some things:
    - can you increase the health font size? I can barely read it (iPhone 11 Pro Max).
    - maybe allow to auto restock boosts to a preset? That‘s still a lot of fumbling...
    - why the restriction to 6 teams? Will we pay for more to unlock? 
    - as mentioned, it would be cool for a way to work with loaners/essentials where we usually just pick 2 chars alongside the mandatory one

Thanks!
  • AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    "We dig for victory, darlings." amiright?  ;)

Right now we dig for bugs and provide feedback. Looks great so far!
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Need a quick fix...
    Steam version

https://i.postimg.cc/7L9rgXks/fghfghf.jpg
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    SAVED TEAMS
    Great feature, long overdue, thank you so much.

One suggestion:
    Probably 60-75% of my time is spent fighting in nodes with loaners or required characters. It would be nice if we had a couple team slots where the center position is vacant and reserved for essential PvE/PvP nodes.
    PLEASE THIS!

if you go to your saved teams in pick 2,  you see that only the middle one has a lock on it, while the left and right do not. So it feels like what we are asking for MAY be possible in the future and am hoping that it’s something that they are looking at or may even be how it’s supposed to work and this is a bug. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Awesome! It looks like a new game now! Saved teams and filters! Thanks.
    And... you know with filters you can select the char you want quickly, until they add saved teams for 2 characters, if they do it.
    Edit: right now it is posible to load your saved team on a node that allows 3, and then exit that node and try the stage that needs a required character, then right and left will be your wanted characters saved.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like the new team selection.

When playing PVP, the opponent's name is now half-buried at the top of the screen.  Can you get it checked?
  • Baphometix
    Baphometix Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I finally have a reason (the reason, in fact) to update my rating & review in the Google Play store to 5 stars.

Thank you for listening to us.