Nightly games feedback

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Cestmoi said:
    Loosie said:
    Cestmoi said:
    Any advice for the Connect 4 (America Chavez) that does not involve using exactly the right non-rental character, particularly not involving the right such 4+ star character champed or better?

A 125 Jean vs a 265 America seems a bit much. Presumably there is some trick to it, some correct order of clears, but have not been able to find any so far...  

Edit: Finally beat her with Havok, just with one blue cover. However it never fired his power. Was just raw damage. 
    You can also use your own Chavez.
    Even when she is much lower level than the AI Chavez?
    Without knowing your roster, I can't give more specific advice than what I offered above.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just went into four in a row with Taskmaster level 275 and won fairly easily.  Overall non of these matches have been hard if you have some champed 4*.  If you are in 3* land I can see some difficulty.  I also won with 3* patch just get full red and he hits like a truck.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 2. Find the duck has the difficulty of sharing AP, so howard in theory will spam his invisibility.
    Freeze tag has the difficulty of leaving blue to iceman because in theory he can crush you.
    Spideys has the difficulty of facing spiders and nightcrawler.
    Im saying in theory because another time using a champed 5* will crush them and never knowing what was the problem.
    Choosing the extremely low levels loaners will give a good challenge.
    But obviously the player will choose all what devs let him (another time in theory :D).
    So we return to the start point another time.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    A few tried invisibility but I always bring an AOE character to negate that . So far they’ve been pretty simple especially when they tell you in advance what colors will dominate .
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've won every one at least once with the loaner characters except the America one. Her increasing match damage always downs Jean before she can get her powers off more than once each and that's not enough to kill America.

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    I've won every one at least once with the loaner characters except the America one. Her increasing match damage always downs Jean before she can get her powers off more than once each and that's not enough to kill America.

KGB

I haven't done the namor node with a loaner fury yet, but it could definitely be done (just a matter of collecting enough blue and then getting lucky enough for namor to match a trap without also collecting enough ap to nuke fury).  Everything else is quite easy with the loaners, including all 3 of the second set of nodes (Where the loaner selection was FAR more generous, and stun works). 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 3 - I was happy to use my 4* Charles for his game of chess with Mags and a bunch of match 4 sent him back to his plastic jail cell. Likewise Kate Bishop took out Bullseye by hitting the bullseye eventually although she did eat one of her own bombs when looking for trouble. The closest match up was using my 4/4/4 Misty Vs Winter Soldier but Misty is a decent 4* and her arm is much cooler looking so she slammed Bucky down at the last minute when he was looking to explode her. I am hoping we will get some team games next round.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    Like many, I used my obvious 5* characters in day 1 and tromped through the opposition.  So for day 2, I went with my version of the loaner character, but that was still too easy.  So for day 3 I just used the loaner each time.  I still won on the first try with each, but it was much closer and much more interesting.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 4.
    That spider took my on surprise! I only had a level 250 3* ready so I had to struggle denying green as if my life was on it. Perhaps it was. It was really funny.
    Domino. So funny all the stage falling apart!
    Tabletop rpg was full of critical tiles so it was just a matter of grabbing popcorns and watching enemies in pain.
    Another time Im saying those games are really funny and sometimes puzzley but it should be severely restricted to 1 or 2 characters to play and if the player is not having then on good condition, attempting with the loaners.
    And let hyper leveled characters rest for a while, discovering the old side of the game for a while.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Players can win all the matches with those loaners provided. So, it's matter of choosing the right first move and a little luck. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Players can win all the matches with those loaners provided. So, it's matter of choosing the right first move and a little luck. 

Still not sure you can win the America Chavez vs L125 Teen Jean. That's the one I can not beat because America just ramps up match damage too high and too fast before Teen Jean can kill her. Have you won that one using the loaner?
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2020
    For America Chavez node, it's 99% luck. However, the first move that I always make is the purple and green match-4 on the right side. The second match needs to be a match-5 somewhere on the left hand side. You need to fire her green power followed by purple power. If the above is not happening, simply retreat and try again. Then you need to deny yellow/red/green and do 400-500 damage every turn, either via the strike tiles and/or attack tiles.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the first two nodes of tonight's games I won each with one match, so that was nifty. It was all about figuring out what would cause the biggest cascade (and having someone with big match damage). On the 3rd wave node (with all the crits) where Deadpool is the last foe, I took Gritty/Polaris and oh my stars and garters I wiped the foes hard. Polaris was spitting out strikes faster than a gatling cannon.
  • Juize
    Juize Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Why do we get an iron man 1* as reward for the last node... They were trying to be funny? 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    That wave node with Kraven Elektra et al. Used the proposed heroes, Blade and so on. Boy was I pummeled. Elektra had shadow step out all the time and I could not do a thing. Blade fell and the other two was near death. I retreated and used the Gritty formula to shut them down. I hate bad boards.
  • HoundofShadow
    They mentioned something like 1* IM being the most selected character in MPQ.  In a sense, they were trying to be funny. 
  • daltonimperial
    daltonimperial Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Enjoyed seeing the costumed characters at the dinner party.

With 7 enemies ahead of her, not sure how I'm supposed to prevent Wolfsbane from having Rend (Invisibility, which I find more annoying that Stuns, which are banned) and One Woman Wolf Pack ready to go as soon as she appears.  I tried several times but none of the boards had enough Red to (as I understand it) really get the loaners going.

Thought Wolfsbane's one invisibility tiles was annoying until Super-Skrull whipped out four.  Somewhat balanced the no stuns limiting Talos and Mystique.

Overall enjoyed these as a change of pace/characters if nothing else.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolfsbane seemed to have never ending purple but my team was fine until I hit the the last level where she took out everybody bar X-23, luckily there was lots of green and I could immediately match her invisible tile so I took care of her in the good ol' fashioned stabby way.
  • HoundofShadow
    I used all three loaners for last day node. I was using Maria's strikes to pump up the damage, followed by her AoE. I don't think any one of them turned invisible because I was chasing black, blue, and occasionally purple and yellow.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I've really enjoyed these matches, it feels like the designers have put a lot of thought into them. I like the challenge of using the loaners and if you wipe out then it's no problem because you're not having to revive everyone with health packs. It's nice to see the occasional event where everyone can get full progression regardless of their roster.