Nightly games feedback

Bad
Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
Discussing nightly games as far as it goes. I think rewards are really good but they are increased by the anniversary without doubt.
I think its original and has potential for a regular schedule with some adjustments: clearly their nature is challenging, so the character the player selects should not be too much advanced than the enemy. That could be fixed disabling selecting all characters, because I noticed there is a low level loaner in each game. Limiting selecting characters should enable stuns allowed, because until now 2 of the loaders are jean4 and fury and if they cannot stun for what reason they could be there.

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I used more powerful versions of the boss and it’s very easy. One caveat, don’t use Namor’s horn first, then the enemy counters with a more powerful usage of it. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are their levels same for everyone? These are whom I used to beat the nodes.
    Checkers: Apocalypse (265)
    I used loaner Nova and did a vertical match-3 at the bottom left corner. Apocalypse took a match 4. On my next turn, I made a match-5 followed by a cascade of match-9/10  and then some more cascades on my next turn. Guess what? I had 30 red and 30 black aps. Fired black followed by red to send him airborne. Poor Apocalypse made only one match in this round because he was getting sent airborne everytime after hitting the ground hard.
    Four in a Row: America Chavez (265). First person I had in mind was Bobbi Morse. I fired free powers thrice and that's it for America Chavez.
    Battle at Sea: Namor (265). I used my Nick Fury. Head for blue, lay the trap tiles and Namor step onto the trap and killed himself.

Overall, it was a fun quick game.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Blade had a great time with all of the red against Poccy, Mockingbird was more than happy to let Chavez match all of the match-4s she wanted, and 4* Cpt. Marvel gave Namor some instruction on the effect of blasting a high powered energy ray from space into those precious oceans of his when he misbehaves. Fun!

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 'checkers' board against apocalypse was... interesting. That was the match that caused me the most tries, mostly because of the abundance of red and black red which are Apo's attack colors. My first attempt I tried with XFW but the AI killed me on his first turn due cascading, match-4's, match-5s and crits.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used 5* Prof X on Match 4 because that is what he likes to do and that was straight forward enough.
    The Apocalypse fight I couldn't resist using Nova - there was so much black that I actually got out enough black strike tiles to pull off the damage dealing part of his black power - not that Apocalypse wasn't airbourne for the rest of the time!
    Battle at Sea - maybe I missed this one but, well, nothing really happened. I killed Namor with Jessica Jones as I knew Namor would be making some blue for my traps and that was that. I am not sure what compromising evidence Jessica got - the man wears speedos all year round and talks to fish but whatever it was, it worked.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Checkers - Vulture.  With so much black, it was easy to make a few matches, get a ton of black, and then just send him airborne.  Cast green when he lands, go back in the air, and his blue gets rid of any of the protect tiles that come out.  Piece of cake.

Four in a row - Half Thor.  Very quick.

Battle at Sea - Fury.  I ended up with close to 20 traps on the board at one point...  Namor finally matched one when he was at about 1500 health, which ended him very quickly.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    here is what I like about nightly DP.  Each board is pre-set up to create a challenge.  The challenge looks harder than it really is.  I as others tried Nova on them Apocalypse node and crushed Apocalypse.  

This is a mechanic I would like to see different.  The level is set for a 4* player.  If you bring a 5* you just walk through on match damage alone.  I would like to see the level of the opponent increase based on the rarity I choose to fight with.  If I choose a 5* the level goes up.  If I choose a 3* the level goes down.  It might be really hard to code but would make it a little more interesting 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I used my version of the provide character at first, failed with Jean a few times, failed with Fury a few times as well.

So used my Chavez against Chavez and my champed Apoc against Namor.

They are fun though.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    here is what I like about nightly DP.  Each board is pre-set up to create a challenge.  The challenge looks harder than it really is.  I as others tried Nova on them Apocalypse node and crushed Apocalypse.  

This is a mechanic I would like to see different.  The level is set for a 4* player.  If you bring a 5* you just walk through on match damage alone.  I would like to see the level of the opponent increase based on the rarity I choose to fight with.  If I choose a 5* the level goes up.  If I choose a 3* the level goes down.  It might be really hard to code but would make it a little more interesting 
    agreed.  I brought my A game... just ...well, I gotta admit, I'm kinda on autopilot most of the time in this game.  

I used my champed Prof 5* for all 3, and obviously crushed them all within a turn or two.

Looking back, I could've had more fun with it, but oh well.  It would be neat if they did something like what you mentioned.  Maybe create the "SCL"s, but make them "un-choosable"... instead, having the game invisibly select it for you based on the level and rarity of character you pick.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    PiMacleod said:

Looking back, I could've had more fun with it, but oh well. 
    You can replay them.  :-) That’s the point of this: fun little re-playable nodes with unique starting boards. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    very interesting concept, though some of the loaner matchups will be very challenging indeed (only the loaner nova is easy, and then only because airborne is basically just a way to circumvent the 'no stun' mechanic).
    It's a big change of pace from normal mpq to have to have fixed board layouts to open the match, and I haven't yet done serious testing to find out which is the best opening move. 
    I am a bit concerned about how these nodes will work when the opponents get up over level 500, but I definitely like that demi is trying something different, even if the individual nodes turn out to be a bit frustrating in practice.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I realized going in that these were no stun nodes but are they also no invisibility? I don't remember who I used and which node it was (I think it was Prof X or Spiderman Miles but not sure) but when I tried to use their invisibility ability nothing happened.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Invisibility worked just fine for me, tested Onslaught, Miles, 4* Prof X, and Ghost.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went in with 5* Prof X and I guess I won. Not totally sure what happened.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    I realized going in that these were no stun nodes but are they also no invisibility? I don't remember who I used and which node it was (I think it was Prof X or Spiderman Miles but not sure) but when I tried to use their invisibility ability nothing happened.
    When you fired the power there might not have been a purple tile on the board.  This would make it so an invisibility tile could not be placed on the board turning you character invisible 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    First one I played, I wasn't certain what to expect, so I brought Prof.  It was the match-4 level.  One move... Done.  Whoops.

Apocalypse...  Made sure not to take in Prof.  Honestly cannot remember who I took.  Honestly, it didn't take long with match damage alone.

I have zero memory of the third one as it also went by so fast.  All nodes done in less than two minutes.

Day 2, I'll use the suggested 4*.  
  • Cestmoi
    Cestmoi Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2020
    Any advice for the Connect 4 (America Chavez) that does not involve using exactly the right non-rental character, particularly not involving the right such 4+ star character champed or better?

A 125 Jean vs a 265 America seems a bit much. Presumably there is some trick to it, some correct order of clears, but have not been able to find any so far...  

Edit: Finally beat her with Havok, just with one blue cover. However it never fired his power. Was just raw damage. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Cestmoi said:
    Any advice for the Connect 4 (America Chavez) that does not involve using exactly the right non-rental character, particularly not involving the right such 4+ star character champed or better?

A 125 Jean vs a 265 America seems a bit much. Presumably there is some trick to it, some correct order of clears, but have not been able to find any so far...  

Edit: Finally beat her with Havok, just with one blue cover. However it never fired his power. Was just raw damage. 
    That one is really tricky.  Jg is unusually weak 1v1, even more so when her passive is neutralized. And America is particularly strong in solo matches where she can deny the enemi's powers and prevail on her boosted match damage.  Plus the tiles that will drop heavily favor her because green and purple are rare.
    So far the best opening I have achieved is to match the second-from-the-bottom set of match 4s.  That leaves a match-5 of green in the bottom left corner.  Them hope America matches something up at the top of the board.  When this happens, I can reliably cast both powers at least once.  But I still have yet to get her down past 3k, let alone win.
    If you have him, I suspect Nova is the way to go, as that red will win the match single handed if you can just keep a strike on the board.   And any 5* champ will win easily from match damage alone
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Cestmoi said:

You can also use your own Chavez.
  • Cestmoi
    Cestmoi Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Loosie said:
    Cestmoi said:

You can also use your own Chavez.
    Even when she is much lower level than the AI Chavez?