Your Pull Results: Fan Favorites, featuring Apoc, Kitty, Okoye!

Options

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    9 pulls.

1 Apocalypse.
    1 Okoye.

Not bad.

Edit: Pulled 1 more for an even 10 and got Kitty. I should stop while I'm ahead right?

5 more pulls. Got another Okoye.

4/15 so far.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    #5: Okoye (lv463)
    #15: Kitty Red (4/4/4)
    #22: Poccy (lv452)
    #23: Kitty Yellow (5/4/4)

Twas a good anniversary. See y'all again in 2021
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    28 pulls 
    3 Apocalypse 
    1 kitty

I don’t have Kitty or Okoye covered, but i have Apocalypse covered pre vault. I can do 16 more pulls hoping I get an Okoye Red, but not sure if I shouldn risk it and wait to use all my LT and CP for the new 5* Deadpool. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    8 pulls.
    2 Okoye , already champed ,so no real help.
    Silver lining : an LT cover which got me an 8/13 Onslaught 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One pull so far. And it was a Polaris, taking her to 2/4/3. Yay!
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This anniversary for me stinks.

58 pulls
    5 Okoye
    2 Kitty
    0 Apoc

7/58 = 12.1%. Bleh
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    104 pulls

7 Kitty
    6 Apoc
    5 Okoye

which puts me ever so slightly above the average, and lets me finally champ Okoye.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    20 Pulls. 1 Kitty, 1 Okoye, 1 Apocalypse. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    29 pulls (so far)
    1 Kitty
    4 Okoye which allowed me to champ her! What is her best build - 5/5/3? Is there a discussion thread somewhere that someone can point me to (so as not to hijack this thread) that explains the best way to maximize her potential? Is it just to use her black/TU to increase the damage from other friendly powers, and her yellow to add TU to the board and true heal?

• grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    grunth13 said:
    0 for 0 because I have Kitty at 550 and I don't want to waste any pulls for a dupe.  Almost all Okoye stores have had a character that I have at 550 and its out right annoying that they won't at least trade for the other characters in the store. 
    Can't you get 1:1 swaps if you pull for a character you have at 550? I thought that was the policy announcement they made when they killed CS swaps with saved covers.
    Im pretty sure that only applies to characters in latest legend packs.  If you managed to 550 all 3 of the characters in latest legends they will let you trade any surplus covers into a classic cover of your choice. 

This is true.  Only Latest pulls can be exchanged after they are 550.  Which is disheartening since if you try to 550 all the meta players, you can never pull from a specialty store (you could, but you would be wasting pulls) in the chance that you now noticed a certain character is almost necessary to get placement in cl10 pve.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    grunth13 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    grunth13 said:
    0 for 0 because I have Kitty at 550 and I don't want to waste any pulls for a dupe.  Almost all Okoye stores have had a character that I have at 550 and its out right annoying that they won't at least trade for the other characters in the store. 
    Can't you get 1:1 swaps if you pull for a character you have at 550? I thought that was the policy announcement they made when they killed CS swaps with saved covers.
    Im pretty sure that only applies to characters in latest legend packs.  If you managed to 550 all 3 of the characters in latest legends they will let you trade any surplus covers into a classic cover of your choice. 

This is true.  Only Latest pulls can be exchanged after they are 550.  Which is disheartening since if you try to 550 all the meta players, you can never pull from a specialty store (you could, but you would be wasting pulls) in the chance that you now noticed a certain character is almost necessary to get placement in cl10 pve.
    I think demi is just telling you to waste the pulls grunth.  550'ing okoye is basically the single biggest hole on your roster, especially for pve and it's seems to be eating a hole in you based on your posts.  Why not live with a dupe kitty as the price of filling that hole (and maybe getting apoc to 550 in the bargain)? Isn't that the least bad outcome for you now?
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jneidus said:
    29 pulls (so far)
    1 Kitty
    4 Okoye which allowed me to champ her! What is her best build - 5/5/3? Is there a discussion thread somewhere that someone can point me to (so as not to hijack this thread) that explains the best way to maximize her potential? Is it just to use her black/TU to increase the damage from other friendly powers, and her yellow to add TU to the board and true heal?

I use 535 as my game is about destroying as fast as possible, not defense and surviving . Opinions may vary 
  • Vhailorx
    edited October 2020
    Options
    jneidus said:
    29 pulls (so far)
    1 Kitty

I use 535 as my game is about destroying as fast as possible, not defense and surviving . Opinions may vary 

there are many more efficient red abilities in the 4* and 5* tier, and you will probably have one with you (*cough* thor, jj, heimdall, KM, Apoc, lumbercap, havok, blade, karnak, etc *cough*), and you get all the board control benefits of her red's tile destruction at 3 covers.  5 yellow makes her tougher and provides more teamup ap for cascades, which is where her damage really comes from. 5/5/3 all the way!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jneidus said:
    29 pulls (so far)
    1 Kitty

You're almost always going to have a better red with you and Okoye is about boosting dmg. I would strongly consider 553.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    grunth13 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    grunth13 said:

I think demi is just telling you to waste the pulls grunth.  550'ing okoye is basically the single biggest hole on your roster, especially for pve and it's seems to be eating a hole in you based on your posts.  Why not live with a dupe kitty as the price of filling that hole (and maybe getting apoc to 550 in the bargain)? Isn't that the least bad outcome for you now?

True, a 550 Okoye is my lacking area, but to get her there, I need about 60 covers from her current position.  Meaning with an reasonably normal distribution, I would also get 60 covers of kitty.  That's a lot of wasted 5 star covers.  I will never use a level 500 Kitty when I have a 550.  It's easy to say to just build a dupe, but the amount of money spent to get a 500 level 5 star to just basically say it's going to sit there an do nothing because there aren't feeders in a 5star reward ladder.  It just feels wrong to do something like that.  It's not like they have a ton of 550 rosters, maybe 50 to 100.  These rosters are already spending a ton of money, why not just give them this because more than likely, they will spend even more to get pulls for special vaults.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    grunth13 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    grunth13 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    grunth13 said:

True, a 550 Okoye is my lacking area, but to get her there, I need about 60 covers from her current position.  Meaning with an reasonably normal distribution, I would also get 60 covers of kitty.  That's a lot of wasted 5 star covers.  I will never use a level 500 Kitty when I have a 550.  It's easy to say to just build a dupe, but the amount of money spent to get a 500 level 5 star to just basically say it's going to sit there an do nothing because there aren't feeders in a 5star reward ladder.  It just feels wrong to do something like that.  It's not like they have a ton of 550 rosters, maybe 50 to 100.  These rosters are already spending a ton of money, why not just give them this because more than likely, they will spend even more to get pulls for special vaults.
    I definitely am surprised that they will not respond to you privately to make something happen. (I assume you have explored that option with cs or even with the devs directly).  As you say, the 550 rosters in the game represent an enormous financial investment and keeping those players happy makes a lot of sense for demi/d3.  Especially if, as I assume from your statements, you are perfectly happy to drop 10s of thousands of CP on a specialty store that had okoye + just about any other two 5*s that were not already 550'd.  Would you open from this store if CS would swap all of your kitty pulls 1:1 with wasp (or whoever is the worst 5* that you don't have at 550)?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ended up pulling ~800cp in it, got 2x champ levels for Apocalypse and 2x Kitty covers for a 4/4/0
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    grunth13 said:
    This is as theoretical to me as discovering a gravity particle dancing a tango with a dark matter unicorn when I was really just looking for a cold beer in the fridge.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options
    As this was about the perfect 3 for me (I would swap BRB for Apoc ideally), I blew through my hoard of CP chasing mostly Okoye of course. 

164 pulls, 20 5s (12.12%) (9 Apoc, 8 Okoye, 4  Kitty).

Hopefully this means a run of 5s is coming because I always seem to be just under average in these vaults. Will continue to pull until the store closes though. 15% should be 24.75 so I am nearly 5 off average. That kinda hurts.
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've had about 20 pulls and zero 5*...I keep thinking the next one will be a 5* only to get disappointed again.