Class of 2018 - what about 2* and 3* players?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Carnage came out after MPQ Anniversary. The characters for Class of 2019 includes characters release between October 2018 to October 2019, instead of those from January 2019 to December 2019. That explains why Thor was also included in Class of 2018 even though he was released in 2017. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nightcrawler was also released in 2017 but was released in October but after Anniversary end so the cut off date must be the end of Anniversary, not the end of October, otherwise he should have been with 2017.
  • Speed283
    Speed283 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I know I shouldn’t complain as I am a new player, BUT first, Class of 2019 is way too hard and NOW? Deadpool nightly is absolutely WAY WAY too hard. 
    Enjoy all of you who have the power to take this on.
    I will go back to COC until I can play again. Sigh!
    Hope the devs see this post!!!!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speed283 said:
    Deadpool nightly is absolutely WAY WAY too hard. 
    That stinks. Every player should be able to enjoy this.

Meanwhile I just steamrolled the 1st three available nodes with champed JJ and thought it was way too easy. It's too bad this couldn't scale to the player because the concept is interesting and MPQ is about 6 years overdue for new game modes like this to mix things up.
  • Speed283
    Dormammu: Thanks for your response. Yes! The new game mode had me excited until I was crushed! Again, I’m new and love this game. Will keep hitting all aspects as I’m able to! Sure wish I would have found this game years ago!!
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2020
    What's your roster like? Maybe we can help you. I won Apocalypse node with loaner Nova. Make vertical red and black match-3 at the most bottom left corner (Row 7 Column 1) and then make a black  match-5 (somewhere in row 6 column 5) on your next turn. The above is repeatable. I have tried it 5 times already. The only thing not repeatable are those tiles dropping from above. Use Nova black followed by his red power. Keep sending him airborne and you will win the match. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I can't wait for class of 2020 and the sea of boosted Apoc/BRB/iHulk teams...
  • DAZ0273
    At least Okoye will be locked out.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    I can't wait for class of 2020 and the sea of boosted Apoc/BRB/iHulk teams...
    I think I like onslaught better as a third. Hulk (especially without Okoye) is just a protect tile factory for opposing BRBs once that blue gets out. 
  • Speed283
    Hound: thanks for trying. My Nova is lvl 125 with 6400 life. Was knocked out after 2nd move!
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2020
    I used loaner Nova (125) to win all tries (at least 7 now) and I have never lost a match. Make a vertical match 3 at the most bottom left hand corner. Then make a match black 5 that cascades into a red match-7 or 10 after he made his turn. Use Nova black power, followed by his red power. Read through his abilities and familiarise yourself with them.Did you make a black match-5 on your second turn?

Edit:
    I tried another 5 times and I lost 3 of them. It's purely because Apocalypse got two match-5 due to casacdes on his turn, and loaner Nova got down by match damage.
  • Speed283
    I’ll try again
  • Speed283
    I have been getting my questions answered in this forum. So, if I may, ask something off subject. What causes the board to shuffle in mpq?
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    If there are no more moves to be made, the board reshuffles. 
  • Speed283
    Ok thanks 
  • Speed283
    Another thing I can’t find the answer to. Is there a way to cause a 5-match?
  • HoundofShadow
    You can use characters who can convert specific tiles to another colour or those who can destroy specific tiles to create match-5. 

For example, 2* Magneto, 3* Black Widow, 3* Kamala (potentially) Karnak, Riri, Domino (potentially), Modok (potentially), 5* Storm can do these at the top of my head.
  • Speed283
    Ok thanks Hound
  • DAZ0273
    Nightcrawler's purple can do this also and Jubilee too (also via 5* Prof X), both are potential rather than specific.
  • Speed283
    Help! I’m having shadow step used against me. How do I avoid that? And...how do I get Taskmaster on my side to get that power?