Step aside, Bishop

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah they tend to nerf winfinite so will have to keep an eye on that. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    So what are the odds Polaris gets nerfed. I never shardgeted Bishop because I thought, “there’s no way they let him remain as is”. Obviously I was wrong. I have about 1100 Mighty tokens and 800 Heroics I was saving for a rainy day. Clearly Polaris makes it rain. I could use those tokens to either get 10 4* widow covers (my shardget) and champ the 5. OR, I can champ and put some levels on Polaris when she enters tokens. Thoughts? 

Apparently there is a Winfinite with Polaris/BRB/5* Captain Marvel with her Green at 5 destroying every row, BRB giving you tons of Green for the destroyed protects and Polarity refilling all the protects on the new tiles so you can repeat.
    This may or may not get addressed depending on how easy it is to pull off (I don't have those 5* characters champed so I can't try but I think you do).
    KGB
    Ah... now I see.  I asked about this in another topic.  I didn't think about it from the green CM power point-of-view.  Nice.

I don't think they'd nerf any of this.  I mean, such a set-up would take a little while, I'd think.  You can't just match a couple tiles and be ready to go, right?  ...hmm... maybe?  ...now I'm thinking about it too much.  Eh.. maybe it's possible.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    KGB said:
    So what are the odds Polaris gets nerfed. I never shardgeted Bishop because I thought, “there’s no way they let him remain as is”. Obviously I was wrong. I have about 1100 Mighty tokens and 800 Heroics I was saving for a rainy day. Clearly Polaris makes it rain. I could use those tokens to either get 10 4* widow covers (my shardget) and champ the 5. OR, I can champ and put some levels on Polaris when she enters tokens. Thoughts? 

Apparently there is a Winfinite with Polaris/BRB/5* Captain Marvel with her Green at 5 destroying every row, BRB giving you tons of Green for the destroyed protects and Polarity refilling all the protects on the new tiles so you can repeat.
    This may or may not get addressed depending on how easy it is to pull off (I don't have those 5* characters champed so I can't try but I think you do).
    KGB
    Ah... now I see.  I asked about this in another topic.  I didn't think about it from the green CM power point-of-view.  Nice.

I don't think they'd nerf any of this.  I mean, such a set-up would take a little while, I'd think.  You can't just match a couple tiles and be ready to go, right?  ...hmm... maybe?  ...now I'm thinking about it too much.  Eh.. maybe it's possible.
    They will nerf a true winfinite combo if it is easy to get going and truly infinite.  It just trivializes too much of the game (which they just made challenging with cl10) to leave.  But they might achieve that nerf by changing any of the component characters, so everyone hold on to your brbs and, not that she matters much, CMs too.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think she's more broken than Bishop. Bishop isn't doing as easy dmg against you unless you make a mistake and his passive hits you a bunch of times. She doesn't even need AP. Every team she's on can crush you without firing an active power once. That's insane.
    Bishop's stun can be problematic, but there are plenty of options and he's usually not doing any dmg on his own. Much rather go after him.
  • Vhailorx
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Borstock said:
    I think she's more broken than Bishop. Bishop isn't doing as easy dmg against you unless you make a mistake and his passive hits you a bunch of times. She doesn't even need AP. Every team she's on can crush you without firing an active power once. That's insane.
    Bishop's stun can be problematic, but there are plenty of options and he's usually not doing any dmg on his own. Much rather go after him.
    But without a damage booster, her damage is trivial.  With thirty special tiles on the board, she will do about 4k passive damage per turn at level 270. Blade has been around for ages, and will do almost that much damage passively with less stringent conditions.  Yes, Polaris scales higher when you can flood the board with specials, but that takes time and the right partners.  
    For sure, she hits super hard on a team with okoye and 10 teamup ap.  But so does 2099 (without ap too).  She is great as a combo 4* for easy damage.  But how is that broken?
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    KGB said:

KGB

Using 4* Thanos rather than 5* CM works as well, and it's easier to get going against goons where BRB's blue isn't as useful. Once it's wound up it generates enough green to alternate BRB, Thanos, BRB, etc. forever.
  • ProtoformX
    ProtoformX Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Reecoh said:
    PiMacleod said:
    KGB said:

KGB

Using 4* Thanos rather than 5* CM works as well, and it's easier to get going against goons where BRB's blue isn't as useful. Once it's wound up it generates enough green to alternate BRB, Thanos, BRB, etc. forever.
    https://streamable.com/bjuzme
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just went into the Disappearing Act PvP with Kitty and a 2/2/1 Lv 70 Polaris, hunting for any teams with special tile creators. The two of them feasted like it was Thanksgiving.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    To me, the obvious solution to those winfinite combos would be to switch Polaris’ special-tile-doubling from “destroyed” to “matched.”   A definite nerf, but it would retain the same basic function/nature of her powers.  And probably put her close to (but still better than) most 4 stars. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rosraf said:
    To me, the obvious solution to those winfinite combos would be to switch Polaris’ special-tile-doubling from “destroyed” to “matched.”   A definite nerf, but it would retain the same basic function/nature of her powers.  And probably put her close to (but still better than) most 4 stars. 
    First official nerf request. 
  • Vhailorx
    edited September 2020
    Options
    jp1 said:
    Rosraf said:
    That was more of a suggestion than a request as I read rosraf's post.
  • jp1
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    jp1 said:
    Rosraf said:
    I was joking, for the most part.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I just went into the Disappearing Act PvP with Kitty and a 2/2/1 Lv 70 Polaris, hunting for any teams with special tile creators. The two of them feasted like it was Thanksgiving.
    Better go for 75 wins since as soon as you get higher points everyone is gonna feast on you.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    acescracked said:
     ...everyone is gonna feast on you.
    I play PvP for win progression anyway. I get feasted on no matter who I put out there.
  • Rosraf
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    acescracked said:
     ...everyone is gonna feast on you.
    I play PvP for win progression anyway. I get feasted on no matter who I put out there.
    Progress through mutual destruction. It really is the most enjoyable way to pvp. 
  • Rosraf
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    jp1 said:
    Rosraf said:
    Ha. Yeah, not a request.  I don’t care if there is a winfinite.  I used previous winifinite combos in pve (Charlie’s Angels).  Polaris is fun.  If there is a change, I hope it’s minimal.  I still miss the old XFW. 
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2020
    Options
    The winfinite combo is easily beatable and it's more of a fun way to punch higher than your reach. Also, it doesn't always work out because of Polaris' low health.
    I feel like if there's anything broken in this combo is BRB's AP generation for DESTROYED protect tiles. Make AP generation triggered only by MATCHED tiles and you completely fix this combo and, in some way, BRB.

I feel there is no comparison with Bishop. He is the strongest deterrent in PVP for 5* rosters - that makes zero sense, being a 4* - and gives you AP at cost 0. He's THE factor in defense, whereas Polaris is really not. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    If they are doing to nerf the Winfinite they better do it fast before she gets into tokens to lessen the complaints. Another possible fix would be to change her tile spawn from 3X of the type matched to 1 strike/protect/attack. This will stop the BRB Winfinite (or make it really hard to get going) while retaining the essence of the power and in some cases make it better than it was.
    Of course they still haven't fixed the Peggy team-up bug or even acknowledged it exists yet and that's a huge advantage for players (I use it in every battle to make enemy powers cost 3 more) so who knows if/when this Winfinite gets addressed.
    KGB
  • jp1
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Winfinite will get fixed regardless of player complaints or lack there of. The simple fact is that it doesn’t fit the health pack sinkhole economy they have been pushing, so while it isn’t competitive in any way because it is too slow it will have to be addressed. 

It’s really unfortunate because with over half of the 5*s champed Polaris is the most fun I’ve had in this game in a while. It’s nice (for once) to actually feel like you are using some powerful comic book characters instead of getting your **** kicked on the daily.

She should have been a 5* and she should have been left just as she is, as well as BRB. This “balance” stuff is just boring. I stopped playing a certain AAA title because they would give something awesome (a staple of the series) and then decided to nerf it after you had spent hours upon hours getting it. It’s a **** move, and it sucks the fun right out of any game IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.