Marvel Puzzle Quest R209 Release Notes (8/17/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R209 Release Notes.

“Iron Woman?”

Deal massive damage and stop enemies in their tracks with an ALL-NEW character coming soon!

- Join forces with our latest character - Wolverine (Samurai Daken), currently featured in MPQ events!

- Play with your Alliance and take down Ultron in the upcoming boss event Ultron Vs. Avengers!

- Prep your squad for PvP Puzzle Battle in the upcoming Power Stone Season starting on 8/21 (UTC)!

Details:

• Roster Screen Update
    • Roster Screen has been updated with an all new visual style
      • The screen is now scrolled vertically. 
      • Characters are grouped into Heroes and Unowned categories. These categories list how many characters are in each category.
      • The roster purchase button has moved to the top of the screen. The number besides the button shows how many total roster slots you have (including empty roster slots)
      • The Claim Your Rewards! button has been updated. It is still located at the bottom of the screen when you have rewards to claim.
    • A sort button has been added. You can sort your characters by level, name, or how many Shards they have.
    • The filter feature has been expanded to include characters’ power colors. Characters that have powers that change color, like Legion, only include the colors that are displayed on the Roster screen.
      • You can now select multiple filter criteria at the same time.

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with Borstock that some additional features with regards to organizing characters and teams would be great, but this is a HUGE improvement.  Thank you!
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Those sound like some nice UI changes
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I wonder if these changes affect only roster screen or the battle selection screen.

Hopefully, Claim your Rewards update fixes the weird situation where it applies the cover to your (maxed) champed characters, instead of their dupes.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They only affect the roster screen.  Battle selection remains unchanged.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh! 

Hope this new ui will act as a springboard for saved teams in the future. 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The battle screen hasnt been updated even since the last roster screen update a year (?) ago. Don‘t hold your breath for getting a change there, where its most neede ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone said:

“Iron Woman?”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

PLEASE be Lady Stilt-Man!!! 

Lady Stilt-Man Spider-ManDeadpool foe
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    love the new filter and sort abilities. hopefully this is a step towards favorite toons/team in the selection screen.

one thing i'd ask though - please add a scroll bar like the old screen had, it was extremely convenient for huge rosters.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe it is 4* Maggie Thatcher.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Iron is a metal. A woman who controls metal. Polaris is my guess. 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sounds like some of the much requested QoL improvements have been in the works. Glad to see it!
  • UNSHMD
    UNSHMD Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Great update overall but please take away the dark back ground harder to see. And the scrolling is terrible and not natural everything we do is from left to right put it back like it was please
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really like the new roster screen and it is definitely a step in the right direction. Hopefully some new filters could be implemented and we could get filters added into the team selection screen. 

Overall, happy to see a positive change without some obvious drawback. Thanks for the improvement, it looks nice.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Is that Silver Sable movie still a thing? Maybe it's her. Or maybe Lady Deathstrike

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I will say that the out-of-team-choosing roster filtering is not where i needed too many more filters. this is nice, but the place where selecting characters hurts most is when you're trying to find someone to go into a match. Hopefully we'll get that update soon also.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LakeStone said:

“Iron Woman?”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

PLEASE be Lady Stilt-Man!!! 

Lady Stilt-Man Spider-ManDeadpool foe
    It should be Lady Stilt Man because she is awesome, but what this poster presupposes is that maybe it’s Master Mould.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    mad a thread specifically about feedback on the roster sorting: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83262/feedback-on-new-r209-roster-menu-changes/p1?new=1
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There actually was an 'Iron Woman'. Her name is Bethany Cabe. I doubt this is who the clue is linked to, but she was the first one I thought of.