Introducing legion (day by day discussion)

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    OJSP said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Day 2, all the recommended loaners vs Legion was nasty, no way to stop him once he got Invisible
    Not sure if you’re exaggerating or not, but we could use Storm’s green to destroy the invisibility tile or Beast’s green to damage him.

What is quite useful is positioning the loaners so Wolverine tanks green over Beast and Mohawk.

Yup, that node was anything but impossible.  IMO, the biggest challenge with that node was that beast and storm are both reliant on their green to counter legion.  So if a tyrannix tiles enud up on a hard to match green, things can get ugly.  But with unlimited tries via loaners, no one should struggle to beat this event.

Still a good showcase for the new character (better than last time) and a good addition to the game.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Still a good showcase for the new character (better than last time) and a good addition to the game.
    That’s a great point.  As far as I can recall, this might be the best showcase for the potential of a new character since the infamous Surfer vs JeanBuster + Carnage node back in the day.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just been playing the Welcome to Shield event. Day one, last node: 3 non tile movers at lvl 485. JJ and Legion are compulsory. I added Kitty. I had a lot of fun with Legion's purple power. Every turn it destroys 3 enemy AP in a color you choose, so at some time I had a countdown tile on (almost) all colors the enemy was using. Talk about sitting ducks.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thought I was going to take a trash character in with JJ & Legion but figured I would ask around. First suggestion was Vulture who did well despite only having 4 black, second was Valkyrie which I never tried. JJ & Vulture were great for AP gains & Legion was hitting like a truck. I let Vulture be greedy with the gains from his black.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can see him as useful in being invisible and ignoring Protects and draining 3 blue and green vs BRB . I will certainly experiment with that when I have a few more covers .
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Day 2 last node. Again Legion shines. Be sure to get invisible asap, as you don't want to suffer a bombshell at 90k damage. As long as he is invisible, you can try out all of his abilities at leisure. In my case Legion was the last one standing with almost full health, the other 2 were mowed down pretty quickly.
    If not for his invisibilty, I probably would have had to use a whales teamup.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Same 5* node as with Hellcat, but JJ is better than Wolverine (despite that fact that I don't have her black yet). Legion has enough AP supression that it wasn't as brutal as last time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Peggy Carter in the Day 2 5* essential node fight. I was able to 1-shot Decoy with his yellow power after letting them gain a lot of black aps. After that, I chased purple to keep blue and red ap down to zero. Then, I used yellow again to reduce green ap. Riri was the next victim. I kept him invisible when he had 15% of his hp left. I finished the match with his red power twice (not consecutively).

As usual, Jessica Jones fulfilled the role of damage absorber. The 5* nodes are exactly the same as the first shield training. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had a lousy board, my champed JJ went down pretty quickly. Kitty and an invisible Legion made it. A typical troll-node with a feeder, hate that.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Form a team of Legion" - finally we can achieve that on a single character node!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Won it on first try with a 255 JJ (1 Red, 1 Blue cover). Key was using my L310 Peggy as my 3rd with her Yellow set to 5 so they AI needed +4 to fire powers.

I got Purple off early on Green to deny that stupid feeder bot for Riri and then another one on Red. Killed the feeder bot 1st, then Riri and finally Mockingbird.

I ended up winning without the AI firing a single power and none of my characters were downed (JJ was healed twice by Legion for a ton of health). I also avoided making Legion invisible because I didn't want the damage going on Peggy or my under powered JJ who nicely soaked damage so when I did go invisible to heal JJ I matched off the invisible tile quickly.

KGB
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems mixed.

I beat both, I used 5* Thor to constantly produce ap for Legion in 3 colours and it worked pretty well in the Shield event. Of course it helps my Jessica is decent but not champed.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    "Form a team of Legion" - finally we can achieve that on a single character node!

We've been able to for years. It really stuck in my mind the first time I looked at the Crash node and it said "Form a team of Moon Knight" :smiley:
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m guessing it’s been the norm for a bit, but is anyone else annoyed by the fact we have to get placement rewards to use Legion in the upcoming event? I mean they should give us a little more of a chance to cover him IMO. If you can cover him through PvP, that’s great for you, but as for me, I can get up to about 16 wins by tomorrow. Between that, introducing, and shield training, I’m still 75 shards shy until I get rewards from DvM.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    I’m guessing it’s been the norm for a bit, but is anyone else annoyed by the fact we have to get placement rewards to use Legion in the upcoming event? I mean they should give us a little more of a chance to cover him IMO. If you can cover him through PvP, that’s great for you, but as for me, I can get up to about 16 wins by tomorrow. Between that, introducing, and shield training, I’m still 75 shards shy until I get rewards from DvM.

That's always been the way it works on 4* release events. Well, maybe not always, but at least for the past three years or so that I've been playing.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    Hmm, I already have enough shards for 1 Legion cover and my MPQ vs Deadpool event isn't even over yet (CL8). I have reached 575 in his PvP (CL10) already though.
    Seems quite do-able to earn 1 cover via shards if you have a developed 4* or better roster. Even if you don't, you'll definitely get more shards during his PvE event so at most you'll miss out on the 4* node on day 1 (assuming you don't earn any shards on day 1).
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The last day node of Introducing... was a wave node. When Prof X enters the third wave, I one shot him with either red or yellow power.

As for the Legion cover problem, did you get zero cover  for Legion from placement rewards? Or did you choose different slice for both events? For example, you chose slice 2-5 for Deadpool vs MPQ but chose slice 1 for Lost in Time? 

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The last day node of Introducing... was a wave node. When Prof X enters the third wave, I one shot him with either red or yellow power.

I had a similar story.  I realized that if you had a few of the AP drain repeaters on green & purple, the last Mindless one was basically at your mercy, so I was trying to fool around to finish the wave node where I:
    1) used all my active abilities at least once apiece, 
    2) had no enemy special tiles on the board at game's end and 
    3) left the enemy with no AP at game's end.  
    (a feat I've done with my 1* team in the Under the Sea DDQ node, but rarely otherwise)

While the lack of AP for the AI meant I couldn't one-shot Professor X with my yellow, the attack tiles on the board more than made up for the difference.

I'm at a bit of a loss of what teams to use Legion on, but I have to say this introduction event did a really good job of showcasing his strengths/weaknesses.

• HoundofShadow
    Options
    What I did was to focus on my top three favourite powers of his and it finally turned out to be: yellow, purple, red. His black power is good for invisibility and true healing. I will team him up with green/black/blue/red characters. I do like how his green power repeater can potentially help you line up match 4 or gain free matches.

Since my priority is on his yellow power, Shuri or Peggy Carter helps to maximise his yellow damage. Yelena could be an interesting choice because she will be turning enemies ap to unusable aps for non-rainbow teams. I think Yelena and Legion could make a strong ap-suppressor team.

If I were to prioritise his red power, Valkyrie or C4rol is a natural choice for me, provided that his level is higher than both of them. If not any character who can help gain purple ap faster would be good.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lost the first battle with the Decoy feeding Riri green every other round . Once you take him out first , and go invisible you’re safe . Legion was the Last Man Standing though