Introducing legion (day by day discussion)

Options
Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
Day 1 is a lot better than with onslaught.  Level 305 v. a level 310 opponent is a MUCH better way to get a feel for the character.

I wonder if this is a design change after the feedback from onslaught, or if this was already the original intent for 4*s.  In any cases big improvement.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was 255 (Prof X) vs 225 (Magneto) previously. To me, there isn't much difference. How was it different for you? 

I have played the node at least 5 times and Prof X activates his Signal Boost at least thrice every single match without fail. Thanks to past experiences with Prof X, I chased black immediately to go invisible. 

It seems like quite a number of players replayed the node more than once because my ranking keep climbing up. 
  • Vhailorx
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It was 255 (Prof X) vs 225 (Magneto) previously. To me, there isn't much difference. How was it different for you? 

I have played the node at least 5 times and Prof X activates his Signal Boost at least thrice every single match without fail. Thanks to past experiences with Prof X, I chased black immediately to go invisible. 

It seems like quite a number of players replayed the node more than once because my ranking keep climbing up. 
    Good point.  Since we got to test drive the new 4* today, I guess I was comparing it to day 2 of the last run.  You are correct that is basically a push compared to day 1 of the last event.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I think Introducing... Event is more of a way to showcase the background of that character, MPQ style. I still can remember for Onslaught:

Day 1: Origins (Prof X vs Magneto)
    Day 2: Onslaught vs Teen Jean & Juggernaut
    Day 3: Onslaught vs goons
    Day 4: Onslaught vs Avengers
    Day 5: 3 loaner 5* (Prof X, Phoenix, OML) vs Onslaught

Basically, he was powerful, unstoppable and destroying foes with ease, until he finally got stopped in the last node.

Looking at the comic strips, it seems like similar thing might happen with Legion.

Day 2: Vs X-Men
    Day 3: Vs goons
    Day 4: Vs Cyclops 
    Day 5: Vs Legion
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The second day node wasn't easy. It took me three tries to beat him (lvl 310) using loaner 2* Wolverine, 3* Storm and 3* Beast (all lvl 291). Once he goes invisible and fortify his black invisible tile, I had a  tough time downing him. Storm never survives. His most damaging power got to be his yellow. He easily takes off 67% of HP. His repeater tile that creates  attack tile gave him free matches sometimes. All I have to say this dude has the potential to be problematic in PvPs and PvEs because he's going to fire powers regardless of how hard you try to deny his colours.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    He is definitely unique as an opponent for the ai because you cannot easily deny him ap; he can use all 6 colors, and the ai will behave oddly because his match damage shifts.

He also hits pretty hard for a 4*.  But he doesn't have the sort of fast-ramp-up passives that make challenge nodes hard, so I don't think he will be particularly difficult to fight, even when overleveled.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The second day node wasn't easy. It took me three tries to beat him (lvl 310) using loaner 2* Wolverine, 3* Storm and 3* Beast (all lvl 291). Once he goes invisible and fortify his black invisible tile, I had a  tough time downing him. Storm never survives. His most damaging power got to be his yellow. He easily takes off 67% of HP. His repeater tile that creates  attack tile gave him free matches sometimes. All I have to say this dude has the potential to be problematic in PvPs and PvEs because he's going to fire powers regardless of how hard you try to deny his colours.
    You know you didn't have to use 2 star wolvie, storm, and beast right?  It just starts you with them by default but if you scroll through your roster, you can use any and all x-men characters.

I used Kitty, oml, and 5 star prof x.  Match was quick.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I'm aware of that.  I was trying to stay with the storyline.  :D

I could have used R4G/Juggernaut  or America Chavez/Karnak to down him easily.
  • BriMan2222
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I'm aware of that.  I was trying to stay with the storyline.  :D

I could have used R4G/Juggernaut  or America Chavez/Karnak to down him easily.
    You could have used juggernaut out of those,  he has the xmen tag.  None of those others are xmen.

The story line was just xmen vs legion, not specifically wolvie,  beast, and storm so it still would have been in line with the story to use any of the xmen only characters it allowed you to use. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are trying to follow the Legion Quest storyline then it is  Bishop, Iceman, Pyslocke & Jean Grey who go back in time with Legion and Cable features too quite prominently if I remember correctly. Also, I could be wrong about this but I *think* this may have been during a period when Wolverine had left the team after losing his Adamantium? Not sure.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Denying black as much as possible and spamming Storm's attack tiles carried the day for me with the three loaners.  It only took one try, but I think I got lucky.  Probably makes up for yesterday where it took 4 tries against Professor X when match-4's seemed to be raining from the sky for the AI.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My experience is exactly the same as ZootSax (multiple tries on day 1 due to match 4s for Prof$).

I replayed the node a couple more times with the loaners and won all 3 times. Twice I took a ton of damage (2 characters over 90% health lost) and the other time I got Storms attack tiles out early and won easily.

He definitely spams a ton of powers since he's a one man rainbow team. I found the one that destroys 3 AP a turn to be the most annoying because it seemed the AI always managed to place it where I couldn't match it then I was unable to generate any AP in that color (really annoying when he put it on Black and/or Green).

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Oops! My bad. Patch could replace R4G.

Thanks all for the tips. 

I wonder what's in store for tomorrow.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I am quite intrigued to see what a level 291 2* Wolverine does, so I am gonna use him!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Oh...that was quick, yeah Juggernaut kills Legion...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the big difference is now between a 4* and a 5*.  The first day was actually much harder with a 4* facing a 5*.  I was able to explore Legions powers, I turned on animations to see what they looked like and had fun playing the node over and over again.

for day 2 I tried to use all 3* and crashed hard.  I basically went to 5* Professor X and wiped out the node.  I would actually prefer to play more matches with the new character than against.  

Overall still like introducing events being able to test out the new characters and see the animations and get the feel for the characters.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, Day 2, all the recommended loaners vs Legion was nasty, no way to stop him once he got Invisible, but it was fun to see him in action like that, firing off all six powers because no one else was using his AP. 
  • Bobdvol
    Bobdvol Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For anyone who keeps their animation off they should really turn it on and check Legions out. They are fantastic. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Day 3 was easy.

I wonder why ghouls or monsters are used as part of his animations.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just jumped in to the event today for the first time. I destroyed the opposition first time in all three matches using loaners. I know there were complaints last time of it being too difficult for some rosters so wanted to see what it’s like using just loaners.  Maybe I just got lucky but I can say unequivocally that any roster CAN complete this (so far anyway). 
  • BriMan2222
    Options
    Day 3 was easy.

I wonder why ghouls or monsters are used as part of his animations.
    Each animation for his powers is a different persona of his multiple personalities.