Apocalypse: Savior of MPQ or Gambit 2.0?

13»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Why not both?
    Every game has different types of players, from the hardcore to the super casual. It's inescapable. For virtual storage space, they usually have a minimum amount/subscription fee anyway. So, even without super casual players, devs are still paying for unused storage space.

Anyway, I'm already seeing Apocalypse in Shield Simulator, Lightning Rounds and PvPs. Either these 4* players are lucky with their pulls, or they are whaling in the HP store. Apart from high damage, this guy isn't that big of a threat. iHulk is more threatening and damaging to 4* players.
    Or hackers, there are plenty of cheaters when these new 5's come along.

Last season I was in SCL10 (first bracket) and I think somewhere around 80 players above me (I finished around 300th) were sandboxed after the season closed.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apocalypse is the new old Gambit
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:
    after playing his PVP I think Apocalypse/Thor will be meta as will be Okoye/Thor.  The difference will be defensively you will see Apocalypse BRB or Apocalypse Kitty on defense.  Apocalypse/Thor will be the offensive go to team but not as good defensively.  

I think this will compare to the Panthos Meta. Panthos was for speed and hopping but not great for climbing as it would use up a ton of health packs.  0-500 Okoye/Thor will be great to save health packs.  500+ switch to Apocalypse/Thor.  Then when you want to float for a bit put in BRB/Kitty, or Apocalypse/BRB, or Kitty/ Apocalypse.
    Insert Bishop/Apocalypse as well..... BRB and Apoc will be able to float pretty well, not just a bit.

Not sure about Kitty/Apocalypse unless the essential spams SAPs of some sort.  Even if Poccy's stuff is 7 A, you still need to get that collected before Kitty is boosting anything.  And Poccy's first 7 black are just putting out protects without BRB or someone else putting some out as spam (Cage).

I'd hit a pair of Kitty/Apocalypse without too much concern.  Poccy red being 7 is a bit scary but at least Kitty probably won't use Practiced Offense, and it's all moreso if the 3rd wheel has higher cost red (same with the black and yellow).  The AI being dumb about ability usage will probably make Poccy a bit easier to handle than some are thinking right now, as I consider it, but it will depend on the PVP.  This is only true, however, as far as being able to absorb the match dmg and chew through his health (high end players) whereas the people will less developed rosters will be suffering more.
    Your points are exactly why I would want to change my vote.  I think he will be super strong in a players hands, but the AI will screw up using him regularly.  His red does decent damage on its own, but is hits so much harder when he fires his yellow first.  You also made a great point about his black most likely throwing out protect tiles before he fires his yellow.  The fact that the AI will most likely play him poorly will mean he will not be Gambit 2.0.  I think he is more Okoye 2.0 and instead of self healing does way more damage