** Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine) ** [PRE 2014-09]

Comments

• Ghast wrote:
    Do we think Daken will ever get a third power and an 85 cap? Could they do that without unbalancing the prologue?

It's possible but presumably not a priority. Rag was talked about as a possible recipient of a third power back when he was nerfed but so far nothing's happened with him. The drakens in the prologue would still be the same level and they could just not add the covers to prologue drakens. The NPCs you see don't all have maxed powers.

If he scaled to 85 they might find it necessary to reduce his heal a bit though.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    I made the statement I thought someone is a troll. Your are the **** that comes in name calling and instigating things.

Which 1 is really trolling?

You are, it's hilarious you don't even see that.

I was perfectly within reason to question his motives. You can find the info he was looking for quite easily. You go to the character discussion forum and there is pages of info. You go in game and click on any character and it tells you the characters level cap right away. It seems to me it was more likely a troll thread than anything. If it isn't then obviously he is a very big noob. It's not an insult. Everyone goes through a noob stage. Everything I said is logically based and if any1 took offense by it then that's their own fault for taking it out of context. If they did, I apologize that wasn't my intention.

When you came into the conversation however this had already been brought up Nd as far as I could see had been dropped. You came into a dead scene and sparked it back up directly attacking me. After that you continue trolling me and trying to spark what you believe to be further irritation and outrage from me when I've never became angered in the slightest. Continue trying to troll if you want. You aren't gonna get anywhere.

*munches popcorn*

This is getting interesting.

Side note: You youngsters keep using this word "noob". It doesn't mean what you think it does. Back when the internet was in it's childhood (It's currently in it's awkward teens but that's another discussion) there was two usages of the word "noob". There was the term "noob", sometimes spelled "n00b". It meant someone who has been around long enough to know better but doesn't. They also tend to,quite rudely, throw any advice or constructive criticism back in the faces of their would be advisers.

The way you have been using the term, you are actually meaning "newb", short for "newbie". This word is/was slang for new player/member/user/etc. Unlike "noob", which was definatly used as a derogetory term, there was nothing wrong with being a "newb". All players went through their newbie phase. Some became proficient, while others became the dreaded "noobs".

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. (G. I. Jooooooe...)
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    I made the statement I thought someone is a troll. Your are the **** that comes in name calling and instigating things.

Which 1 is really trolling?

You are, it's hilarious you don't even see that.

I was perfectly within reason to question his motives. You can find the info he was looking for quite easily. You go to the character discussion forum and there is pages of info. You go in game and click on any character and it tells you the characters level cap right away. It seems to me it was more likely a troll thread than anything. If it isn't then obviously he is a very big noob. It's not an insult. Everyone goes through a noob stage. Everything I said is logically based and if any1 took offense by it then that's their own fault for taking it out of context. If they did, I apologize that wasn't my intention.

When you came into the conversation however this had already been brought up Nd as far as I could see had been dropped. You came into a dead scene and sparked it back up directly attacking me. After that you continue trolling me and trying to spark what you believe to be further irritation and outrage from me when I've never became angered in the slightest. Continue trying to troll if you want. You aren't gonna get anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    why do people keep calling Daken names like Draken, Dakken, Dakan, etc.?
  • Side note: You youngsters keep using this word "noob". It doesn't mean what you think it does. Back when the internet was in it's childhood (It's currently in it's awkward teens but that's another discussion) there was two usages of the word "noob". There was the term "noob", sometimes spelled "n00b". It meant someone who has been around long enough to know better but doesn't. They also tend to,quite rudely, throw any advice or constructive criticism back in the faces of their would be advisers.

The way you have been using the term, you are actually meaning "newb", short for "newbie". This word is/was slang for new player/member/user/etc. Unlike "noob", which was definatly used as a derogetory term, there was nothing wrong with being a "newb". All players went through their newbie phase. Some became proficient, while others became the dreaded "noobs".

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. (G. I. Jooooooe...)
    AFAIR "noob" was a word which came from the word "newbie". And AFAIR (me being almost 20yrs in the Internets) it always meant someone new, who either is lame at the game or is irritating, doing everything the wrong way.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    it always meant someone new, who either is lame at the game or is irritating, doing everything the wrong way.

Sounds to me like at least half of the forum members here. Me included. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • locked wrote:
    why do people keep calling Daken names like Draken, Dakken, Dakan, etc.?
    just spelling errors I assume.
  • I had to check this thread to see how such an innocuous title had run two pages. I was genuinely curious. But now all I can say is:

I hate everyone and I am the best!
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Skyedyne wrote:
    As a thought, maybe Daken's third ability should be a passive that's a mix between Moonstone and OBW skills.

Yellow (passive):
    Daken's rage sometimes gets the better of him at the risk of his own life. Any time yellow tiles are matched, it deals x damage per Red tile on the board.

Rank 1: Only base red tiles are counted.
    Rank 2: Damage is increased by 15%
    Rank 3: Damage is increased by 15%
    Rank 4: Counts all red tiles.
    Rank 5: Damage on tiles with a strike symbol is doubled.

I was thinking about it some, and if Daken had a 3rd skill that wasn't passive, he would be in my mind the best or 2nd best 2*. He gains 16 more levels, making his strike tiles stronger. He gains another 600 HP, which is significant considering his healing, and if the new skill is even semi-useful, then you can start spamming stuff. Sounds borderline broken. Then imagine facing a PVE 230 Daken! The one right now is bad enough.
  • Has anyone else noticed how much better Daken has gotten with Astonishing Wolvie nerf lately? He is a legitimate threat, and I think a case can be made for him being better than Astonishing.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone else noticed how much better Daken has gotten with Astonishing Wolvie nerf lately? He is a legitimate threat, and I think a case can be made for him being better than Astonishing.

I think Daken is better as long as you can tank useful colors with him. This means that once you start getting other characters to 85, they'll probably start to tank for Daken instead of vice versa (and if they don't tank for Daken then they wouldn't use purple/black meaning that you wouldn't want to match those colors anyways). After this point, Wolvie is superior simply due to how he has an active red (since strike tiles are similar in strength).
  • Has anyone else noticed how much better Daken has gotten with Astonishing Wolvie nerf lately? He is a legitimate threat, and I think a case can be made for him being better than Astonishing.

I think Daken is better as long as you can tank useful colors with him. This means that once you start getting other characters to 85, they'll probably start to tank for Daken instead of vice versa (and if they don't tank for Daken then they wouldn't use purple/black meaning that you wouldn't want to match those colors anyways). After this point, Wolvie is superior simply due to how he has an active red (since strike tiles are similar in strength).

I've been considering levelling a Daken purely to act as an anti-Daken in PVE events
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    abuelo wrote:
    I've been considering levelling a Daken purely to act as an anti-Daken in PVE events

Well you can't use Daken if the opposing PvE team also has a Daken if that is what you meant.

My experience with Daken is that he does not fit in every team but can work very well on some. While Dakens strike tiles are super nice they are pretty much all he has on offence. I feel that he only fits on teams that already have great green ability so matching green tiles becomes super good and also good other activated abilities on at least 4 other colours so Dakens lack of active skills is not such a liability. Unfortunately you are often stuck with a mandatory character for your fights so Daken is not really viable option all the time. I have used Daken successfully with Punisher/OBW team which heavily capitalises on strike tiles with OBWs espionage and Punishers attack tiles. Also Daken is super annoying on defence as you can't kill him quickly with his regen and almost all teams rely on making green matches so you can't just ignore him either.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had this idea for a new passive power. 23 points is a lot, but in a long battle, at least one color usually gets that much.
      Powerhungry - Green Passive
      Daken gathers forces to increase his power. If Daken's team has 23 Black AP, one strength 10 Attack tile is created each turn.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: If Daken's team has 23 Blue AP, one strength 10 Protect tile is created each turn. Level 3: If Daken's team has 23 Red AP, one strength 10 Strike tile is created each turn. Level 4: If Daken's team has 23 Purple AP, one AP of each color is drained from the enemy team each turn. Level 5: If Daken's team has 23 Yellow AP, his team heals 10% each turn.
    • As someone right now who is beginning the transition from 2* to 3* and had never played with a pre nerf Wolverine I can honestly say I would not have the HP and covers I have without Daken. He has been a superstar. The ability to reach a point where match damage is between 400-500 points per match is absurd level powerful. I am so happy he is getting the 3* treatment and honestly I am worried he is going to be slightly overpowered because as it stands now (and mind you I am not playing 141's a lot, just maxxed 2*) his strike tiles get out of hand so quickly. The thought of pairing a 3* Daken with a Hulk that has 5 in Anger makes me happy icon_e_smile.gif makes me want to switch focus from Black Panther to The Hulk...
    • Came here looking for this info, but it is not here..

So, if there are Dakens on both teams, any green match will first produce strike tile(s) for the player, and THEN for the enemy, am I correct?..

Was scared of making green matches in the recent Bad is Good tournament, but turns out we have all the advantages icon_e_biggrin.gif Especially love it when the enemy's green match produce 2 strike tiles for me, but none for them because the board is out of red tiles :p
    • iPulzzz wrote:
      Came here looking for this info, but it is not here..

So, if there are Dakens on both teams, any green match will first produce strike tile(s) for the player, and THEN for the enemy, am I correct?..
      Yes.

But the actual flow has a step in between.

1. You match tiles.
      2. It creates your strike tiles.
      3. New tiles fall onto the board.
      4. It creates the enemy's strike tiles.

So, for instance, if there are no "blank" red tiles on the board and you match green, then an extra red tile falls in, the enemy will turn it into a strike tile and you will get nothing. But on the other hand, if there's one "blank" red tile and you match green, you will turn it into a strike tile, and the enemy won't get anything unless a red tile falls in.
    • Konman
      Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
      And Daken gets neutered, max level strike tile dropped from 38 to 24. Was Daken even on the list for nerfing?
    • Konman wrote:
      And Daken gets neutered, max level strike tile dropped from 38 to 24. Was Daken even on the list for nerfing?
      He was in PvE, where you'd fight versions of him that were far above the ordinary level cap. Level 200 Daken is not fun to go up against.
    • To counteract this nerf, they really need to introduce the third skill for THIS Daken. It simply makes no sense for Lazy Daken to have a third skill all worked out while the original Daken is left capped at level 69.
    This discussion has been closed.