Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2014 in MPQ Character Discussion
[anchor=daken2]Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine)[/anchor]
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 3920 Tile damage: 09/10/43/49/11/55/4.0
    [color=black
]Healing & Heat - Black Passive
(PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 9 Blue tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
    Level 2: Heals 4% per turn. Level 3: Heals 5% per turn. Level 4: 7 Blue tiles to avoid “Heat”. Level 5: 6 Blue tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Max Level: Heals 196HP/"Heat" 117 damage.[/color]
    Pheremone Rage - Purple Passive
    (PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board of strength 5.
      Level 2: 6 Strike tile strength. Level 3: 7 Strike tile strength. Level 4: 8 Strike tile strength. Level 5: 9 Strike tile strength.
    Max Level: 46 Strike tile strength.
      Chemical Reaction - Blue 5 AP
      Daken springs a trap, but his addiction to "Heat" threatens to push him over the edge. Damages the target for 100, converts two 2 Blue tiles to Green, and converts up to 2 friendly Strike tiles to basic tiles, doing 50 damage per Strike tile converted.
        Level 2: Increases cleared Strike tile damage to 54. Level 3: Increases cleared Strike tile damage to 58. Level 4: Converts up to 3 Strike tiles. Level 5: Up to 4 friendly Strike tiles converted for 73 damage.
      Max Level: 515 base damage, 373 per strike tile, up to 4.

Here's an older version.
      [anchor=daken2]Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine)[/anchor]
      2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
      At Max Level: HP: 2920 Tile damage: 8/9/9/32/41/37
        (PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength Level 3: +10% Strike tile strength Level 4: +20% Strike tile strength Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles at 90% of base strength.
        Max Level: Creates 2 Strike tiles at 24 strength.
          Healing & Heat - Black Passive
          (PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 8 Yellow tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Heals 4% per turn. Level 3: 7 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”. Level 4: Heals 5% per turn. Level 5: 6 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
          Max Level: Heals 146HP/"Heat" 88 damage

Older abilities:
            (PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength Level 3: +10% Strike tile strength Level 4: +20% Strike tile strength Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles.
            Max Level: Damage increased by 38 per Strike tile
            Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• 'Daken is annoying personified' icon_razz.gif
            • I like Daken. icon_cool.gif

I've been running Thor - Daken - Grey Suit Black Widow, and find that the combo is pretty synergistic. Daken tanks for Black Widow and generates red strike tiles on a match of green. Thor uses red (sometimes okay to wipe out a strike tile if red is scarce on the board) to power up his yellow, which then generates green. Incidental purple matches can fuel the generation of yet more green.

Sadly Daken's level cap is 69 rather than 85, but even so, his healing makes him relatively sturdy. He can soak a level-85 Thor thunder strike, for instance, and yet it doesn't take long to heal him up. As long as I can keep him alive, he's one less character that I need to use heals on.
            • As a way to help out the AI, when each team has Daken the placement of strike tiles should be based on which team made the match.

As is the human player always places strike tiles first. Sometimes this isn't a big deal but there are plenty of instances where there are only 2 or fewer red tiles remaining.
            • As long as it's been brought up: is there ANY way to perhaps speed up this animation? It utterly disrupts play and is making the current Bad is Good tourney a terrible slog.
              Much obliged.
            • durp+ wrote:
              As long as it's been brought up: is there ANY way to perhaps speed up this animation? It utterly disrupts play and is making the current Bad is Good tourney a terrible slog.
              Much obliged.
              Spider Sense goes off pretty fast. If pheromone rage and adamantium bones went off that fast, everyone would be happier.
            • Spoit
              Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
              Something neat I noticed in the dark avengers tourney. The players pheromone rage goes of instantly, but the AI's waits until all the gems finish falling, so it can get newly spawned red tiles the player can't
            • Does anyone have another strategy for Daken that uses 2* characters? My GSBW is only 1/3/1 and quite weak atm. Perhaps Daken/Thor/Storm?
            • I'd go Daken/Thor/Original Black Widow. Strike Tiles combo well with Espionage, and Thor is good damage covering the other colors.
            • Does anyone have another strategy for Daken that uses 2* characters? My GSBW is only 1/3/1 and quite weak atm. Perhaps Daken/Thor/Storm?

He's a poor man's Wolverine, especially in that trio. OBW is a great partner for him (but negates any tiles match synergy) but a third member is hard to come up with.

He's a poor man's Wolverine, especially in that trio. OBW is a great partner for him (but negates any tiles match synergy) but a third member is hard to come up with.

Someone who generates green, who can trigger Daken's awesome and totally non-annoying purple passive icon_e_wink.gif Thor and Rags are the obvious choices, Thor if you're limiting to 2-stars. Though if you're willing to consider 3-stars, Hulk's black might work OK-ish with Daken's purple too.
            • I guess i will need to get more Rag covers...somehow, sigh.

How does OBW work well with Daken btw? Will OBW/Daken/Thor be somewhat nice? I realize this isn't the best combo, but I would like to use him as a backup team of sorts.
            • I guess i will need to get more Rag covers...somehow, sigh.

How does OBW work well with Daken btw? Will OBW/Daken/Thor be somewhat nice? I realize this isn't the best combo, but I would like to use him as a backup team of sorts.

If you have her at 5 black she will deal out extra damage on any blue, black and purple match that she makes. So the match will be augmented by Daken's strike tiles and so will the extra damage from her black passive. Daken is nice for her because despite having a purple and black ability his damage is lower than hers on tile matches so she will make the matches for those colors. The downside is you lose some of the color rainbow (for tile matches).

Thor would be a great third (green, red, yellow match strength so no interference with OBW).

But again, this team is nothing compared to Wolvie,OBW,Thor
            • So Daken is inferior to Wolvie in every way? Strange, for a 2* to be eclipsed by another 2* completely.
            • So Daken is inferior to Wolvie in every way? Strange, for a 2* to be eclipsed by another 2* completely.

Strike Tiles: Advantage Wolverine
              Healing: Wolverine
              Health: Wolverine
              Power Damage: Wolverine
              Tile Damage: Wolverine

More Annoying Passive: Daken

But the only reason it seems so strange is because they are so similar so we can make the direct comparison. This happens a lot at each * level.

If Daken had 3 powers and could be leveled up to 85 instead of only 69 then maybe he could be comparable. But otherwise? Yes, Wolverine should be better in every possible way.
            • For the record, in the comics, Daken is Wolverine's annoying son, and among comics fans, pretty much nobody likes Daken. So the guy's right where he should be. Annoying but not really that dangerous, and inferior to Wolvie. icon_e_wink.gif
            • someguy wrote:
              For the record, in the comics, Daken is Wolverine's annoying son, and among comics fans, pretty much nobody likes Daken. So the guy's right where he should be. Annoying but not really that dangerous, and inferior to Wolvie. icon_e_wink.gif

Really? A sociopath with daddy issues? What's not to like icon_twisted.gif
            • I do hope Daken gets a 3rd skill, even if it's passive. I like the passive theme anyways.
            • hurcules
              hurcules Posts: 519
              I would suggest Bullseye. The sheer annoyance of passive skills would deter many challengers. I kid you not. I ranked 1st in my bracket for the Dark Avengers tournament with Daken/Bullseye/Venom.
            • Hey guys, what do you think of these teams just for variation?

Patch, Original Black Widow, Daken

or

Wolverine (**), Original Black Widow, Daken

Opinions?
            This discussion has been closed.