Bonus Shards

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Here... I caught it on my video today.

I was recording my mini-hoard pull of LTs for Havok entering, and I got a set of bonus shards for a 4* AND for a 5* (two different pulls).

Nope, I don't know what the rate is, but I'll take the extra 50 5* shards when they pop up like this.

https://youtu.be/Vl34u5-capc
    Interesting that your 5* bonus shards came from a 4* pull (Jean Grey). So not exactly how BHs worked.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Here... I caught it on my video today.

I was recording my mini-hoard pull of LTs for Havok entering, and I got a set of bonus shards for a 4* AND for a 5* (two different pulls).

Nope, I don't know what the rate is, but I'll take the extra 50 5* shards when they pop up like this.

https://youtu.be/Vl34u5-capc
    Interesting that your 5* bonus shards came from a 4* pull (Jean Grey). So not exactly how BHs worked.

But he's pulling from LTs, the only location you can get 5 star shards. 3 star and 4 stars can come heroic and mightys.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes but people were thinking 5* shards only come from 5* pulls, 4* shards from 4* pulls, and 3* shards from 3* pulls (like how BH worked). 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulled about 2000 CP worth of Fan Favorites and got 0 bonus shards.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    365 Latest Legends pulls.

1 time 50 Bonus 4* shards.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled 83 Latest today. 

Zilch.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled 90 latest today and got my first 5* bonus shards. There were 4* bonus shards along the way but I was aiming to get my 5* ghost rider shards to the next cover. It had to be the last pull that awarded the bonus shard. Those 50 would sit there unused now that I will target someone else. Could have came earlier to same me some pulls.
  • prudie
    prudie Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My alliance mate got 500 bonus shards for a 5*. Go figure 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    prudie said:
    My alliance mate got 500 bonus shards for a 5*. Go figure 
    Well, it's nice to know it's at least possible...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally got 50 4* bonus shard today.

It finally happened after pulling:

Standard: 85
    Elite: 38
    Heroic: 56
    Mighty: 18
    Latest: 29 pulls (50 4* shards)
    Classic: 0
    Hollowpoint Kiss(BW): 3
    Webslinger: 2
    Stick and Stones: 2
    coversquirrel: 2
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Wow...ok so bonus shard rates are really, really low it appears.  Good to know, thought perhaps it was just an early April Fool's day joke on me!  It's still better than nothing, at least they didn't take anything away when they added it.  
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Still waiting for these mythical bonus shards to show up on my screen.
  • shap328
    shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Haven’t received any bonus shards. At least 200 pulls
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Options
    I know someone else has already asked... but is it possible to get bonus shards if you 'open all' tokens or only if you open them one by one? That would be an important question to answer in all this...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just gotten another bonus shard when I opened the 11th single token from iHulk HP Store. I think it was 50 3* shards but I saw the bonus shard wording popped up.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know someone else has already asked... but is it possible to get bonus shards if you 'open all' tokens or only if you open them one by one? That would be an important question to answer in all this...
    I got my only Bonus Shards on 7 pulls of standard tokens after doing my PVE clear. Can't speak for individual pulls but it does work with open all. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don't need to open one at a time, "open all" is really just skipping the UI stuff and doesn't impact your pull results at all.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options

The only thing I haven't seen is two different types of shards if you open say a 40 pack. Anyone got say 50 3* and 50 4* shards for example?

Anyway from a 40 pack 4x300 beast shards......

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Options
    Thank you all, it's a big relief knowing that! :)