Bonus Shards

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was looking around in game for Bonus Shards info, and clicked the “?” in the odds screen and got this:

How Do I Get Favorite Heroes?

Whenever you open a cover pack, you will receive Bonus Shards for your Favorite Heroes. Different packs reward different rarities and amounts of Bonus Shards.

What Stores are Favorite Heroes Available In?

Favorite Heroes are available in any cover store. Favorite Heroes are not available in Vaults.

How Many Shards Do I Get for Each Pack?

Different packs reward different rarities and amounts of Bonus Shards. To see how many Bonus Shards you will get from a pack, tap on the Pack Odds question mark. Opening 10x and 40x packs will reward you extra Bonus Shards.

———————-
    So apparently what we call “shards” have been “Bonus Shards” all along. 

What do we call these Bonus Shards you randomly get?  Extra Bonus Shards?  Super Bonus Shards?  Bonus Shardz?

It was very confusing to find that help screen and realize it was no help for the new feature.  
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    No bonus shards yet.  Draws have been limited though. Too bad I busted my hoard a few weeks ago  :'(  Although I wouldn't have been able to probably get all the progression shards in SCL 10 nearly as well without those champed 5* latest either if I hadn't busted.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i got 50 3* shards off a Mighty Token yesterday (3* character was pulled- i assume this works just like BH did), but that's it so far.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Over a 100 pulls, no bonus... Umm, is this some a/b testing (too soon?)...  :(
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Haven't been counting my pulls.
    Maybe 3 Mighty. 10 Heroic. No bonuses there.
    Did get 50 bonus 3* shards from an Elite token, however. Got it on Thursday.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    About 25 heroics (what I needed to get another sharded cover for Karnac) and I got 1 bonus shards for 3* Loki.

KGB
  • bluewolf
    Options
    If people get some Bonus Shardz, you should post how many you got...since we don't even know for sure what the range of possibilities there is.  I have gotten 50 3* shards so far.  I've seen at least one screenshot of 400 for a 4.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can someone post a screenshot of any kind of bonus shards please? What am I even looking for? Is it a separate screen? Does it just get totalled into what you'd be getting anyway or is it listed differently? (So far I still haven't gotten anything.)
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah def. hasn't happened to me then. At least now I know I haven't accidentally missed it lol.

Edit: okay, about 2 hrs later, and I finally got 50 bonus shards for my designated 3* from a standard token. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Well I have opened probably 60+ tokens and so far no bonus shards from a combination of standard/elite/heroics/mighty tokens.  I have been paying special attention, looking for them too.  Probably another feature not available on Steam  :p

Also I did get 3 3* covers from my last batch of standard tokens and none of them provided any bonus shards so it doesn't work like old bonus heroes for standard tokens where they would give you an automatic bonus hero if you pulled a 3*.  I was surprised though to get 3 3* from standards out of 7 draws.  
  • prudie
    prudie Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’ve opened about 50 tokens (standards, mighty, heroics , pvp) and gotten no bonus shards . It doesn’t feel like it’s live. I’m gonna keep hoarding until the odds improve 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    anyone seen any 5* bonus shards yet?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    anyone seen any 5* bonus shards yet?
    I've seen a screenshot of someone getting some 5* shards, 50 of them.

Today I opened about 28 Latests, and got some bonus shards on my selected 4 (50, I think).
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is there any difference in the chance of bonus shards if you pull tokens individually or if you use the Quick Claim button?

Example:
    If I pull 50 Mighty tokens I would get 50 bonus shard rolls. If I use the Quick Claim to pull those same 50 tokens do I still get the 50 rolls for a bonus shard or would it only generate one bonus roll?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here... I caught it on my video today.

I was recording my mini-hoard pull of LTs for Havok entering, and I got a set of bonus shards for a 4* AND for a 5* (two different pulls).

Nope, I don't know what the rate is, but I'll take the extra 50 5* shards when they pop up like this.

https://youtu.be/Vl34u5-capc
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I must be pushing 100 total pulls among all kinds of tokens, and not a single bonus shard yet. 
  • Tron4
    Tron4 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I pulled 149 latest tokens today and got bonus shads once in all those pulls. They were bonus 5 shards though 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Someone in my ally family got 500 bonus shards on one of their pulls. Who knew?  Must be like 1:500 or so. 
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulled 10 LL tokens, no bonus shards.