Roster Slot Sale

Options
Chameleon
Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
edited February 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
We, the MPQ community, would very much appreciate a roster slot sale to help us out with all these new covers!  Please and thank you!

Edit: Especially considering you just reduced HP rewards.  The newer players are seriously struggling, even when they buy HP.  I help command a mentoring alliance and run an MPQ Q&A Chat on LINE.  I've had a few quit recently because of the HP reward nerfs.  They feel like this is a pay to win game now.
Tagged:

Comments

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not sure you speak for the entire MPQ community
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What kind of Roster Slot Sales are you talking about? The one using in-game resources or the one using real money?
  • Chameleon
    Options
    What kind of Roster Slot Sales are you talking about? The one using in-game resources or the one using real money?
    20% off as usual
  • Chameleon
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'm not sure you speak for the entire MPQ community
    Fair enough.  I'm speaking for a major part of the player base on LINE.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m with @bluewolf, institute a permanent price reduction. Once implemented, D3 can rain HP refunds upon the playerbase so that no one feels slighted.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Count me in the camp against a roster slot sale. In fact, I think the price should go up. Maybe 2000hp at 200, 3000hp at 250, etc.

You want 'em all? Fork up the gold coins.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But isn't it the game itself that requires you to "have them all" due to PvE Essentials? I guess you could have a rotating roster slot as a younger roster building up your strength but the game is not sympathetic to that way of playing (See SHIELD Training).
  • Godzillafan67
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    But isn't it the game itself that requires you to "have them all" due to PvE Essentials? I guess you could have a rotating roster slot as a younger roster building up your strength but the game is not sympathetic to that way of playing (See SHIELD Training).
    Not just story essentials, but DDQ as well. I speak from experience.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Whilst you're at it could you update the VIP rewards pleeeeaaase? 

If there was a small bump up on the rewards I would probably buy it again.
  • killahKlown
    Options

There are those of us that carefully structure our roster slots and don't go overboard with duplicate characters.  I wouldn't want to see my hard work be for nothing by having less thoughtful players being rewarded with a roster slot sale to further encourage their slot hoarding ways.  Wisely structuring your roster is part of the game strategy.

Just say NO to roster slot sale

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There are those of us that carefully structure our roster slots and don't go overboard with duplicate characters.  I wouldn't want to see my hard work be for nothing by having less thoughtful players being rewarded with a roster slot sale to further encourage their slot hoarding ways.  Wisely structuring your roster is part of the game strategy.

I stand corrected......

I also do not have enough dupes and remain below 300 for now, hopefully for a while (maxed 4s annoy me, firstworldMPQ problem).
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,545 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been waiting on a sale for a while. Would love one.
  • killahKlown
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Rhipf said:

You do realize that a roster slot sale would benefit you as well. You may not need slots for duplicate characters but unless you only have 3 slots and rotate characters in and out of those slots you will eventually need a new slot. I don't see how having a sale on slots diminishes your "hard work" or "wisely structur[ed]" roster.

I don't spend my HP frivolously.  I play until I have no health packs and then take a break.  I don't use a bunch of HP on shields in PVP.  I play for top HP rewards.  I've adapted my game around not wasting HP so that I can have some when I do need a roster slot for new releases.  Why should other people who can't manage their HP properly be rewarded with a bail out? 
  • Godzillafan67
    Options
    Rhipf said:

You do realize that a roster slot sale would benefit you as well. You may not need slots for duplicate characters but unless you only have 3 slots and rotate characters in and out of those slots you will eventually need a new slot. I don't see how having a sale on slots diminishes your "hard work" or "wisely structur[ed]" roster.

I don't spend my HP frivolously.  I play until I have no health packs and then take a break.  I don't use a bunch of HP on shields in PVP.  I play for top HP rewards.  I've adapted my game around not wasting HP so that I can have some when I do need a roster slot for new releases.  Why should other people who can't manage their HP properly be rewarded with a bail out? 
    Ditto. 0 HP for PVP shields (and 0 ISO for PVP skipping). Almost 0 HP for vaults with a bunch of 2*.

Cheaper roster slots would benefit everyone, especially with their being reduced as rewards.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rhipf said: