That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually don't mind very challenging nodes that require me to play unusual combos.  But as I always say, the extrinsic factors in MPQ ruin it.  It's extremely HP intensive to run a new combo a few times to try to find the best option, but it is of course very hard to find the optimum strategy without some trial and error.  And while using a few gimmick-y 4* teams works with good board luck, I don't much enjoy loading up a match only to retreat immediately if the board isn't good and use 1-3 healthpacks before trying again.  It's both boring and expensive.

Sadly, I don't think there is really any way to fix the problem without changing many many other things about MPQ.  demi has basically no room to maneuver on difficulty; if a team can't easily put out 50-80k damage in the first 3 or 4 turns, it's not going to threaten most high-end rosters.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Meaning of pain CL10 simulator even in some 3* rounds.

On a side note, the simulator node 6 rocked me, thanos showed me how devastating he can be! He nearly did a solo kill on me 2nd rd :/
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Truth is I appreciate those challenges. Some of them proved that some 4* like kraven and thanos can be deadly and just force to clear it with a tramp user or whatever but a special tiles user.
    Wolfsbane too deals a lot of damage.
    Even loki 3* show me I understimed him with his trucks turning all the board filled with BRB protects into strike enemy tiles. That was epic!
    Updating and changing characters on pve what does in the end is changing the event.
    I would encourage devs to change some chars on other events, if doing so storytelling is not affected.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Bad said:
    Truth is I appreciate those challenges. Some of them proved that some 4* like kraven and thanos can be deadly and just force to clear it with a tramp user or whatever but a special tiles user.
    Even loki 3* show me I understimed him with his trucks turning all the board filled with BRB protects into strike enemy tiles. That was epic!
    Updating and changing characters on pve what does in the end is changing the event.
    I would encourage devs to change some chars on other events, if doing so storytelling is not affected.
    Deadpool vs MPQ would be nice. And some of the Dark Avengers events too. Like adding some villains.

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only picked SCL 10 this time so I could smash through the easy nodes and still get a 4* cover and some 5* shards. Even the 5E nodes are horrendous. 
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bad said:
    Any character at the levels of scl10 will hurt, see no purpose on playing a game focused on making the player consume resources giving no real challenge at all.

No motivated to spend time like this. 

Not even done 60% of all nodes and still near t50 in scl10 so this is a mayor problem for many players.

Let's hope next pve is not more of this. 
  • Feliz
    Options
    I love being forced to use new characters, provided I have a chance, but I don't in this story 
  • Bad
    Options
    Mayo said:
    Not even done 60% of all nodes and still near t50 in scl10 so this is a mayor problem for many players.

Well, personally I enjoyed each and one of the challenges. And I did better than the usual, ranking above 50.
    Furthermore on round 3 I saw 2 fellow forumers(to the point I know) like 20 ranks above me.
    So it seems like it can be done.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Mayo said:

Well, personally I enjoyed each and one of the challenges. And I did better than the usual, ranking above 50.
    Furthermore on round 3 I saw 2 fellow forumers(to the point I know) like 20 ranks above me.
    I took rank 60 or so and that was skipping a lot of nodes on day 3. Not saying it can’t be done, and I’m glad you enjoyed it. It felt agonizing to me playing that event. 

On a more positive note, due to how ridiculous that one was, the current event feels like SCL 9 so much I had to check I didn’t choose incorrectly.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah that node is annoying, but I can mirror that and take Kitty or Medusa and make short (long) work of it.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    jp1 said:
    I took rank 60 or so and that was skipping a lot of nodes on day 3. Not saying it can’t be done, and I’m glad you enjoyed it. It felt agonizing to me playing that event. 

On a more positive note, due to how ridiculous that one was, the current event feels like SCL 9 so much I had to check I didn’t choose incorrectly.
    Wait for Brooklyn Bridge's challenge node with BRB and Carnage.
    There's like 1 node out of all the CNs and essentials that is really bad.  Some of the essentials vs Carnage are pretty annoying (mostly due to time needed due to attack tiles/floating dmg numbers), and the 5E with Sandman/Venom/Doc Ock is a bit tricky.  But nothing like Simulator.

Also, subs 1 and 2 of VB are actually pretty easy.  It's 3 and 4 when you start wishing it was over already.
  • Mayo
    Options
    Bad said:
    Mayo said:

As I have stated several times, the problem with most answers are selfish ones focused on what top players can manage. You saw 3 cases of people doing good scoring, i scored t100 in scl10 and did not see many names i usually see but the bottomline is not what position was scored but how many nodes had to be left behind because of the way the pve was given to all players. I would have preferred to Score t200 and accept other players had better ability to win but this is not the case. Events like this that prey on heavy use of resources to advance AND added enemy health pools so high for broken teams to beat you unless you have high levelled meta characters will eventually chip away all motivation from play.
    I myself will not buy any stark this month as I already bought currency for another challenging and better balanced game which i usually did not invest in because i needed my game rig but with forced quarantine new options for playing other games come easy and guiltyless. 
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The problem it’s not totally the difficulty of the nodes but that you have to do them over and over.
    The simulator could be the real change to highlight the puzzle side of the game.

They could keep the first 6 nodes as usual: 6/6
    And then trasform the 3 nodes with the required cover + the green one (or the 4 nodes in the other SL) into 1 round puzzle match.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem it’s not totally the difficulty of the nodes but that you have to do them over and over.
    The simulator could be the real change to highlight the puzzle side of the game.

They could keep the first 6 nodes as usual: 6/6
    And then trasform the 3 nodes with the required cover + the green one (or the 4 nodes in the other SL) into 1 round puzzle match.
    Yup, this what I mean when I say difficulty only sucks because of extrinsic factors.  Grinding + extremely challenging nodes is not fun.
  • Bad
    Options
    Mayo said:
    As I have stated several times, the problem with most answers are selfish ones focused on what top players can manage. 
    I myself will not buy any stark this month as I already bought currency for another challenging and better balanced game which i usually did not invest in because i needed my game rig but with forced quarantine new options for playing other games come easy and guiltyless. 
    You can always do another bombing review. That is kind of selfish too. The only problem with that is once you lowered once you cant still lowering towards negative.
  • Feliz
    Options
    Sounds like you've found your game Mayo. Mine is MPQ ;)
  • Mayo
    Options
    Bad said:
    Mayo said:
    As I have stated several times, the problem with most answers are selfish ones focused on what top players can manage. 
    You can always do another bombing review. That is kind of selfish too. The only problem with that is once you lowered once you cant still lowering towards negative.
    It is not a bombing review, Just an appreciation bases in facts selfish would be to say how great this game is doing for everyone when that is not true. I still play mpq Just that now i will not focus si much resources as before.

Obviously this games priority is to milk players dry but the approach is short sighted. No matter if you invest a lot or near to nothing, when the game is gone you lose time and every thing and all my reviews aim to have a long lasting game funded by a bigger player place rather than a small group of players.

If I do bad in a pve and rank lower or lose 40% of the possible attainable resources I can take the blame easily but if I get that performance and even then I get the same position as always and my alliance is t50 when that is not the recent mode is a good guess that there are many player very pissed about it and the last time I recall a game has to be fun and challenging to attract players and not be an automated trolling system where you can not play 1/3 of the content or more unless you have to play for boosts and have high levelled specific characters to even try several nodes.

For now playing for progression and nothing more. 

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is Mayo in 4* land or 5* land? How is MPQ milking players dry? 
  • Mayo
    Options
    Feliz said:
    Sounds like you've found your game Mayo. Mine is MPQ ;)
    I still will play for progression or when i have to travel and need to kill time but I like playing a game where currencies can be used to advance when needed and are not stored forever, trolling events / bosses are corrected asap, can trade almost every thing between players, communication from developers is fluid and best of all: you can play totally free with the same basic consesions as paying players.

Good games make you happy (Feliz 😜), not stressed so mpq has still its place in my day, Just that now i don't care as much to a level I will probably will not be collaborating much more in the forums as I see it is futile✌🏻

Cheers!