Who is CL10 PVE Actually For?

13»

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah my problem with SCL10 is really just the scaling. Having characters able to one shot you on clear 4-5 doesn't seem right.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    broll said:
    For me.

Stats:
    Day 1183
    19 5*s champed.
    Can't realistically chase placement because of tiny kitty stupid time slots.

Since I can't chase placement I might as well go to the highest SCL to get the best progression rewards.  I'm not thrilled about the extra time clears took, but it reminds me of what my clears were like with a less developed roster and without all-stars like Strange, Thanos, Gritty, etc.  My hope is that there will be some power ramp up in coming characters that will slow clears down again (and the crazy conspiritist in me thinks this is the first herald of 6*s coming).  But even if there is no power ramp up I'll stay in 10.  Worst case I'll completely through out optimal clears, because as I said the devs won't let me realistically compete for placement anyway.

I'm a little scared to see what SCL 10 looks like when I don't have the 5E champed (my PX was for the first event), but I can't imagine it would be enough for me to go back down to 9.

All of this said, I certainly wouldn't complain if they dialed the difficulty of 10 back some, but given there are players with 550s that probably have no problem with this content, I'm not expecting that to happen.

I have 23 5s champed and I can't see this being designed for people like me (or you). And I also don't play for placement (just a bit more when new 4s are released), just for progression. I just want to be able to get all 5s.

The time requirement is nuts. Matches are way harder, if you make a mistake or have a bad cascade you can easily be wiped (on the second day of this event Mystique god a cascade, got her blue out, another cascade and then killed my champed ProfX and Thanos). And all of this with ProfX champed!!!! When Carnage is featured next, or any other 5 I don't have champed is just going to be impossible (Disclaimer: I don't have a champed Kitty, I guess I will need to play worthyCap + HE)

I think I will get more shards for random 5s (those initial 50 and 75 shards from progression), but not enough to get real progress though (maybe one or two covers AT MOST), but I will get way less CPs, so most probably I will need more time to get to the 250 pulls for latest.

Thing is, I didn't want to sink more time in the game! And even worse, just to get slightly faster progression (assuming reaching max progression). We obviously all have different ambitions with the game, but I want more fun time, not more time sinked! 

I would love scl10 if was harder BUT it would require less completions (same difficulty as the 4th time and 5th time, but just two clears needed to max progression would be much much better).

So, I don't think this is for you or for me. People with 500+ level chars? Yeah, they will enjoy the extra rewards, even though they will probably not enjoy the extra time needed. But we will see, if they add more buffed5s (+100 levels) it might actually improve for players like you and me.
    I got SCL 10 T100 playing slightly more time and even less worried about being optimal (I normally wait for a flip, but when it was clear it wasn't like to come in time for a full sub 1 clear I joined super sub optimal @ like 850).  It's only likely to get better as people tuck their tail between their legs and go back to lower SCLs.  In SCL 9 I was getting T50 or T100 depending on effort level.  So this seems pretty on par with that, just much better rewards.

This event will be the true experiment to see if I do SCL 10 all the time because:
    1.  It's a release event and the difference between release covers from 9 to 10 is laughably small 25 shards...
    2.  I don't have BRB champed so it's gonna be harder to clear.

Even if this event goes poorly I'll likely be in SCL 10 for everything with the possible exception of release events.

You might not thinks it's for you, that's great, less completion for me ;)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    I tried the first event properly-ish (not knowing how long clears would take), wiped only once...on the very last node I tried, putting me in 21st by 1 point. Fun times!

So my first experience was "Placement is only for 550's and if you don't have champed 5e, forget it"

However, I rarely played for placement anyway and wanted better progression rewards...so I guess this is for me. I really wish the scaled all the difficulties back, because in those first attempts it was taking me ~40+ minutes for both clears and grinds. That's a lot of time for a match-3 every day, and I'm going to be happy to attempt next time without having to stick to timers on brutal difficulty.

Next time not being "current time" because I didn't go SCL10 for new release, and probably never will.

Day 2154, VIP since it came to PC, 26 champed 5* top 3 550/515 (Thanos, old PVE MVP and now useless)/496
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards
    I for one am happy that SCL10 exists, I can finally play SCL9 now :smiley:
    Day 1550, 6 champed 5*, don't play PvP.

Used to get T50 and occasionally T20 in SCL8, so now I'm getting T50 in SCL9 for the same effort.
    Not gonna try SCL10 any time soon
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    This latest (Karnak) release is a good example for how I will play.  I have 10 champed 5*s with none over 462.  Thankfully, they are most of the metas (missing Strange).  However, still difficult to keep with SCL10.

For the new release in placement, I dropped down to SCL9 and finished T10 for fairly minimal effort.  However, for the new release in progression, the rewards are too great in SCL10 to pass up so I will play for progression and not worry about placement (I already have MODOK champed).

Basically, if I need placement I will do 9.  If progression is enough, I will do 10.