Scl 10 experiences and questions.

tiomono
tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
I joined it with the intent of going for progression. I have 12 5* champs. None above 460. I had some time with my kids, ate breakfast, did some laundry, and went through 4 clears. I used 1 health pack on my 5* iceman.

None of my top 10 players have any 550 champs. Most had smaller rosters than me. The reward bump is great. I think if more 5* players give it a go it will get better placement for players in scl 8,9. 

So far I think it's great. Share your experience. Ask questions. Let's discuss and get the devs good feedback (or bad).

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    I joined it with the intent of going for progression. I have 12 5* champs. None above 460. I had some time with my kids, ate breakfast, did some laundry, and went through 4 clears. I used 1 health pack on my 5* iceman.

None of my top 10 players have any 550 champs. Most had smaller rosters than me. The reward bump is great. I think if more 5* players give it a go it will get better placement for players in scl 8,9. 

So far I think it's great. Share your experience. Ask questions. Let's discuss and get the devs good feedback (or bad).
    Your roster sounds similar to mine.  I just champed 5 stars 10,11, and 12. Highest is 462 BRB.  I thought I'd give scl 10 a chance but didn't think I'd be able to.   Your post gives me hope. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    pvp - my score, which would have gotten at least a top 20 placement in scl 7, put me at 54th in scl 10.

pve - jury is still out. but my first 4 clears took me 50 minutes. whereas in scl 9 i could do those clears in 30-45 minutes. finished in the top 50 still but we'll see if that holds. i don't play optimally but nearly always finished top 50 in scl 9. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    650 is just the 5e node right?  Most of the rest should top out in the 500s.  So not too different from the cl 9 5e nodes.  Not too daunting, though I expect it will take more time, and top 10 maybe be difficult without a good boosted 5*.  Curious to try it myself later today.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    5e tops at 605. 223k health don. 
    4e 45k hood and 92k Maggia.
    3e 61k goons. 
    no 2e. 

challenge node is worth pts: 650 269k King Pin, 194k goon, 145k hood.

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    650 is just the 5e node right?  Most of the rest should top out in the 500s.  So not too different from the cl 9 5e nodes.  Not too daunting, though I expect it will take more time, and top 10 maybe be difficult without a good boosted 5*.  Curious to try it myself later today.
    5* essential topped out at 605 for me. 650 is where the "extra" mission topped out. They got rid of the 2* essential.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    Vhailorx said:
    650 for the challenge node
    605 for the 5* essential node
    500 for the other essential nodes
    510, 510, 570 for the hard nodes
    65 for the easy noes

There is no 2* essential
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I found it ok but I do have prof x champed so made things easier 

took my time as just looking for progression , was surprised to find myself in 128th after 4 on each node 

normally I would be top 100 at worst and usually top 60

pvp I got 880 and only placed 105th so quite surprised to be so low down 

but all in all it’s not too bad 
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I found it ok but I do have prof x champed so made things easier 

took my time as just looking for progression , was surprised to find myself in 128th after 4 on each node 

normally I would be top 100 at worst and usually top 60

pvp I got 880 and only placed 105th so quite surprised to be so low down 

but all in all it’s not too bad 
    In pvp i had 1100 something and finished 104th pve did 4 clears and i am 128 of which 120 only did  4 clears. Slice 1 for both pve and pvp 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scored ~920 in pvp, normally top 25/50 in scl9, about ~140 in scl10... Was not expecting to place that low...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scored ~920 in pvp, normally top 25/50 in scl9, about ~140 in scl10... Was not expecting to place that low...
    Wait for it to shake out after a few events.  EVERYONE will be trying cl10 now 'cos it's the first time.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    With just 5 hours to go now im in 24th place with 1034 points.  I'll probably do one more fight before I go to bed to hopefully place in top 25, but I'm sure I'll at least end up in top 50.

Usually 1000 points would easily be top 25 if not 10 in the slice I usually play,  so scores are a bit higher than normal. 

Idk if it's just because people are trying  scl 10 for the first time or because of the cp being lowered.  I know I usually stop at 900, but the cp was actually in reach with just one shield hop,  so if course I went for it. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    With just 5 hours to go now im in 24th place with 1034 points.  I'll probably do one more fight before I go to bed to hopefully place in top 25, but I'm sure I'll at least end up in top 50.

Usually 1000 points would easily be top 25 if not 10 in the slice I usually play,  so scores are a bit higher than normal. 

Idk if it's just because people are trying  scl 10 for the first time or because of the cp being lowered.  I know I usually stop at 900, but the cp was actually in reach with just one shield hop,  so if course I went for it. 
    Having that many CP available for only 100 points beyond where I usually pack it in was a huge temptation. I wouldn't be surprised if PvP scores in general start skewing up a little bit from that alone, never mind the other factors.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Following the experience of Ragnarok I decided to bag some seed teams as the early climb is titled towards win based and so join early and then kind'a stretch my float over the course of the event. Nope, I guess 2 minutes in to the event was too late for that! For a Sunday lunchtime PvP that was pretty wacky. So yeah, this might take a while to settle down I think.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, my PVP experience has been that scores are WAY higher across the board than they were in SCL 9, but I also pre-joined the event and probably got a more competitive than normal bracket. I waited a day to join the Quicksilver one, so we'll see what changes this time, if anything.

PVE I was pleasantly surprised along the main track that it wasn't amazingly harder than SCL 9 - i was able to Jugger-GOTS my way through the easy nodes exactly as I would have done, and then I switched out to Okoye/Profe$$or/Chavez or some other third to grind out the rest. I'm very curious what it would look like playing Simulator PVE at SCL 10, I'm sure that is going to be comedy gold when it comes back around. I only really struggled on the "bonus" node, I ran out of health packs and held off of clears 3 & 4 till this morning, where I had to use Hawkeye/WCap/Coulson to play the stunlock team. It was pretty bananas (to me) that my baby-champ WCap could only afford to eat a single hit, otherwise he would wipe out. It definitely took longer, but since I'm 4x-to-progression, that's neither here nor there since it's not that big of a deal to walk away and come back later to finish up. I'm also a little skeptical that I'm doing this well because Profe$$or is my highest champed 5*; I don't doubt it's going to be awful when it's say Nata5ha who I have at 3/0/0...
  • DAZ0273
    One thing that did disturb me was that super boosted loaner Karolina was still mostly useless. So of course we are raining covers for her...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    One thing that did disturb me was that super boosted loaner Karolina was still mostly useless. So of course we are raining covers for her...
    Well, mine hit 10, so she's as complete as I need her to be. If only some similarly useless Northstar covers would start sprinkling in I'd be a little more stoked.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Apocalypse champed her as his Horsemen of Pestilence.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well, mine hit 10, so she's as complete as I need her to be. If only some similarly useless Northstar covers would start sprinkling in I'd be a little more stoked.

Yeah I have her at 209 too. Shame it wasn't Wolfsbane - she is pretty good fun to play.

I am pretending Northstar doesn't exist.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Does the challenge node require the 5* essential? 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    For the Ragnarok PVP I scored 944 and was 28th overall. It's worth noting though that I jumped in to slice 5 of CL10 with less than 3 hours left. Might have made a difference. 

As for PVE I'm not quite sure I want to give it a try. I've got 21 5-star champs, including PX, but Lv. 605 seems a bit daunting. I've got most meta characters, but my highest leveled 5 is IM46 at Lv. 457.