How many charges have you had available on this run of Holiday Showdown?

Options

Comments

• greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Confirmed here too.  Can't play second match.  This has to be the worst event ever.  3 different times and still had problems.  Hope we get compensated for this.  Maybe something like 150 purples or more for all 3 events.
  • Muhhh
    Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Same issue here. Started with 5, cant play the second match due to SSW. Good times! iOS
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1st run: 2 starting charges. 

2nd run: 5 starting charges

3rd run (now): 5 starting charges. 

Android, will send ticket after my other ticket resolves.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What I’m most concerned about in all of this is how they can release what should be a very straightforward event so awfully flawed 3 times now.....

come on- it’s legacy- pvp- straight up wins no secondaries- no special supports- just supercharged is all. How can It go so horribly wrong?
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, this needs to stop. Long-term repairs is what's really necessary. 

Brigby gets told going forward the event will run as intended. Not a nice way of throwing him under the bus.

CS tells players they're wrong when they report it's not repaired. That's very rude, and doesn't show any respect to the customers. They're basically calling us liars. Even after a follow up they say "sorry for the rudeness, but you're still wrong". I've read the posts. 

The event runs under the flag of bonus rewards, but they are unobtainable. Not a great way of advertising the holidays. 

@Brigby, please tell us what we can do to turn this around. Yes, we see repairs, but we also see much more getting broken. 
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I keep getting cancel/retry, only retry just brings it up again. Interesting thing is when I choose cancel, on its way out the BG music changes to a match beginning briefly, then back to default. Also, I played a match and after match wouldn't start. I reset my phone and THEN it would let me play the next match, however I have no desire nor intention of restarting my phone after every match.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1 charge played, 4 charges left. errored out when trying to start a match.

charges refreshed to 5, played a match, down to 4 charges left, errored out when trying to start a match again.

Seems I cannot go below 4 charges

• Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Geez, Oktagon finds a way to keep you from running out of charges, and still there's nothing but complaining!
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

1 charge played, 4 charges left. errored out when trying to start a match.

charges refreshed to 5, played a match, down to 4 charges left, errored out when trying to start a match again.

Seems I cannot go below 4 charges

That's probably what happened to me as well. It was a few hours in between the two matches I played, so restarting my phone didn't have anything to do with it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options

Brigby gets told going forward the event will run as intended. Not a nice way of throwing him under the bus.

CS tells players they're wrong when they report it's not repaired. That's very rude, and doesn't show any respect to the customers. They're basically calling us liars. Even after a follow up they say "sorry for the rudeness, but you're still wrong". I've read the posts. 

The event runs under the flag of bonus rewards, but they are unobtainable. Not a great way of advertising the holidays. 

Brigby, please tell us what we can do to turn this around. Yes, we see repairs, but we also see much more getting broken. 
    Hi Everyone. We're still working through a bit of a "holiday hangover" when it comes to getting back into the swing of things, but I already notified the rest of our team of these issues when I came into the office this morning.

Once I hear of any updates, I'll be sure to inform everyone.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Geez, Oktagon finds a way to keep you from running out of charges, and still there's nothing but complaining!
    You damn near made me wet myself :)
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes. 4 is now the new zero.
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "SWW" occurs permanently while trying to start match no. 3. Yes, I know, it's a sign of utter decadence that I complain about match no. 3 not starting when my opponent has 0 points, so most likely their first match did never start.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got to play 2 matches #2 and #3. Then SWW returned. Sigh
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

Brigby, please tell us what we can do to turn this around. Yes, we see repairs, but we also see much more getting broken. 
    Hi Everyone. We're still working through a bit of a "holiday hangover" when it comes to getting back into the swing of things, but I already notified the rest of our team of these issues when I came into the office this morning.

@Brigby - Sadly, this is more like they've been drinking since way before the Holiday Showdown even started...  You can play one match, then the next is a SWW message?
    And that wasn't even an issue up until this Round 3...

IS there a QA team, btw, and are they allowed to test things like this before they go live? Just curious because this seems like something anyone could have caught.  

• JohnnyXII
    JohnnyXII Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You'd think by the third event some beta testing would be done... Ooh wait
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JohnnyXII said:
    You'd think by the third event some beta testing would be done... Ooh wait
    Legend has it there is a QC build of this game where new cards and event are tested before they are released to the public.  Nobody besides Brigby has ever mentioned it, though, and since new events and cards still come out with extremely obvious bugs I am forced to assume either it does not exist, or he is the only one with access to it.

Everything Oktagon has ever designed has been released bugged.  Every exclusive card, every event, every feature.  The Holiday event being broken is not surprising anymore, nor is the Great Challenge or whatever its called being bugged either.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Holiday event bugs are no doubt in large part due to the holidays resulting in little to no available staff.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    James13 said:
    Holiday event bugs are no doubt in large part due to the holidays resulting in little to no available staff.

Sure, but if the event had been set up properly the first time they wouldn't need to keep putting out untested fixes while the office is empty
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:

Apparently it went through some repairs, where the 4 locked charges were opened up. We can now play to a max score of 55/60. Brigby, did you hear of any updates? Us large groups found it and shared with the rest, but I doubt every other player is able to reach that 55. Simply because they didn't know.

A "holiday hangover" is no reason to be that rude to players. Does CS know they're dealing with people? I know I won't get away with that behavior at my office, "hungover" or not. 

Mburn7 said:
    James13 said:

Sure, but if the event had been set up properly the first time they wouldn't need to keep putting out untested fixes while the office is empty
    I think this goes a long way. Adapting a first-time-right policy would solve a lot of issues. Even if things take a little longer (speaking for myself on that, I know).