It would be nice in newer players had a shot at completing 12 days of marvel.

13»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today's dark avenger fight is terrible.  If you dont have green goblin, have fun trying to knock out some champ level 4 stars and hulk with your 3 star champs (at best). 

Rags, Sentry, and Dak3n had it covered no problem for me. And I do have Goblin, so even if it is doing the scaling based on only the usable characters, he was pumping up the opposing levels significantly.
  • Haithere
    Haithere Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Rod5 said:
    This. I remember being locked out of a PvE nodes way back when because I didn’t have Psylocke, Puni3her etc....it’s only an issue if you are someone who expects all the rewards immediately regardless of how much effort/time you have put in.

Play more, grow your roster and next time you will probably clean up...think about it that way.
    I'm almost on day 400 and have every 3 star champed. So it's not really the same thing at all. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    This. I remember being locked out of a PvE nodes way back when because I didn’t have Psylocke, Puni3her etc....it’s only an issue if you are someone who expects all the rewards immediately regardless of how much effort/time you have put in.

Play more, grow your roster and next time you will probably clean up...think about it that way.
    Sorry, but a "I had it tough and you should too" take on this is the Grinchiest way to spin a holiday event mode.
    I know for me, FINALLY having enough covers to beat a Crash or an advanced enough roster to compete in Gauntlet after only getting so far were some of the BEST feelings in my MPQ career (maxing my first Bag-Man is up there as well lol).  I didn’t consider it “having it rough”. It inspired me to build my roster and felt really good to finally get there. But that’s how I am when it comes to games. I like challenges and not having everything given to me. Having goals to work for keeps me engaged and the rewards mean more when I finally earn them. 

As an aside, I’ve enjoyed the event and being locked into the families, as I know that I would “Thanos” my way through otherwise. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    What I take away from his post is "holiday event mode". Y'know like, season of goodwill etc? Nobody is saying anything apart from "Why go full on Grinch" in a holiday that is meant to be about giving? I feel bad because I will be bagging all these awards where some people posting here will not and it didn't need to be that way in my opinion.

Thanks, that's pretty much the point I was suggesting. Double-ISO is obviously meant to be a bonus during the holiday season, and so is the inclusion of an extra PVE. But locking down the set of available characters to reduce the number of newer players who can successfully complete it is like Scrooge handing out alms at the end of A Christmas Carol, but making sure they've got a minimum salary level first. I'm particularly struck by this since the Mysterio event didn't even give us a complete set of Spider-Ham shards, which makes missing out (and I'm assuming 12 Days completes them, which is a completely unfounded guess on my part) an extra twist of the knife: "Here's the first half of your Christmas present, you can get the rest of it next year."
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    3* Deadpool's Team-Up can solve any problem. Ask your alliance for help.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    bluewolf said:
    Yes, prior years only required ONE member of the family to be used in the node.

That would have been a better event. Specially since it was already programmed this way, it shows there was deliberate decision to change it.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Jacklag said:
    bluewolf said:

That would have been a better event. Specially since it was already programmed this way, it shows there was deliberate decision to change it.
    It's not necessarily deliberate. We've seen code changes have unexpected effects in the past, like Vision's density affecting his entire team.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    Jacklag said:
    bluewolf said:

It's not necessarily deliberate. We've seen code changes have unexpected effects in the past, like Vision's density affecting his entire team.
    The fact that scaling was reduced from prior years makes me somewhat suspicious it was all intended. I can use champed 5’s in a lot of these nodes but my opponent level is locked at 157/158 which is a lot lower than last year. 

I think they wanted to lock you into only using the team members and compensated for that by making the opponents easier, at least for some players. But didn’t get the scaling quite right for newer rosters. 
  • bluewolf
    Based on previous years, is this event handing out more or less 4* covers?
    Last year they gave out Peggy, Bishop and Taskmaster covers. I suppose it’s equal assuming the Ham shards eventually add up to a whole cover. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jacklag said:
    3* Deadpool's Team-Up can solve any problem. Ask your alliance for help.

With what some 3* and even newer 4* players are having to bring to some of hese, surviving long enough to get 14TU AP is not necessarily doable without some pretty serious luck.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    Based on previous years, is this event handing out more or less 4* covers?
    Last year they gave out Peggy, Bishop and Taskmaster covers. I suppose it’s equal assuming the Ham shards eventually add up to a whole cover. 
    The shards were split across the two 12-day events though.

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Rod5 said:
    Mikbro81 said:
    I've been playing a little over 2 years.  I remember being locked out of events.  Dpd, 12 days of christmas,  nodes in boss events, etc. That's part of what kept me playing everyday. Getting to the point where I could play everything and do it all is a big part of the game. Im kinda glad that I'm able to do things that newer players can't.  I'd still recommend the game to people.  Just don't expect to catch up quickly

Older players all have been there but that doesn't make this a  throw away situation. New players face dilution issues that you (and to a lesser extent I guess I) never did. Sure do the whole "Man up and keep going" bit but unless there is growth at the newer players level to keep driving things forward we will all get locked out coz the game won't be here any more.
    Ok, but then cover availability was different also.

I understand dilution, but I’m also talking about a time when there was no DPD, no champ rewards and if you wanted to respec a maxed character you just had to pull the right cover(s). 

Maybe it’s just me, I like a challenge and I would never have played as long as I have if I hadn’t felt that it was just that from day one.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Rod5 said:
    Mikbro81 said:
    I've been playing a little over 2 years.  I remember being locked out of events.  Dpd, 12 days of christmas,  nodes in boss events, etc. That's part of what kept me playing everyday. Getting to the point where I could play everything and do it all is a big part of the game. Im kinda glad that I'm able to do things that newer players can't.  I'd still recommend the game to people.  Just don't expect to catch up quickly

Older players all have been there but that doesn't make this a  throw away situation. New players face dilution issues that you (and to a lesser extent I guess I) never did. Sure do the whole "Man up and keep going" bit but unless there is growth at the newer players level to keep driving things forward we will all get locked out coz the game won't be here any more.
    Ok, but then cover availability was different also.

I understand dilution, but I’m also talking about a time when there was no DPD, no champ rewards and if you wanted to respec a maxed character you just had to pull the right cover(s). 

Maybe it’s just me, I like a challenge and I would never have played as long as I have if I hadn’t felt that it was just that from day one.
    That's fair enough and I would never say another players perspective over this is wrong. The game though has changed a lot and newer players just won't be able to grasp it the way you do as they weren't there and would see no reason why things should be made artificially more difficult than necessary. I guess it is sort of like washing the dishes by hand when you could just load up the dishwasher. It's a bigger challenge/more work but you feel a greater sense of achievement (if you can feel a sense of achievement washing dishes that is). But the dishwasher sure is nice so why would you go back to the sink? I know I miss my one that broke this year and I didn't replace! That got a little bit ramble-y there...sorry...
  • bluewolf
    Using a dishwasher saves energy and water (and money via utility bills) over doing it by hand, so there's another justification if you needed another one.  Helps you and the environment.

As I've pointed out already, the prior years had harder opponents but only required one person from the family.  I don't think they were so hard that  you couldn't get past them with a good pair but going to the point of requiring only those family members on your team seems too far in the other direction to me.

Maybe we'd all care less if the rewards were more mid-tier characters.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    5* vegan dishwasher repair man incoming!
    Any chance he/she would be a defender or champion?